Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

Am I Crazy, Easter In Disney.....!!

To anyone who has experienced Disney on Easter week please let me know, would you do it again?! My DW, DS (2yo), and myself are leaning toward a trip over Easter week 2014. We haven't decided on a resort just yet but are certainly up for suggestions. My DW is a teacher so we can really only go to Disney over major holidays or summer months. We tried a July trip this past summer and it was HOTTTTT!! So if we avoid the summer months our only true option is Easter week! Please let me know your experiences vacationing in Disney on this week, it would be so much help! My son will be 2 and I thought they would probably have Easter egg hunts at some of the resorts which he would love I'm sure. However, I'm worried about the crowds, Disney transportation, dinner reservations, just everything lol!
Polynesian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Lyndsey
Mouseketeer

I am at Disney every Easter for the last 14 yrs...My family and I check in this year on April 12 out on Mon after Easter! Old Key West had the best Easter egg hunt when we stayed there. Mickey and Minnie even stopped by for pictures. We have also done the egg hunt at Epcot a few times since that is typically our Easter park. We have always enjoyed ourselves during this time frame. The last few years do not seem as busy, I am thinking because schools have changed their spring break or eliminated it..Enjoy your trip
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

We did Easter (Easter Sunday start) two years ago...offsite with APs. We had no problems with our trip. It was busy, but we arrived near or at park open and were able to do a lot before it became too busy. We enjoyed the weather a lot.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
jel0511
DIS Veteran

We've been going for the past 8 years due to school schedules and it's GREAT! The weather is AWESOME!!! Yes, it's crowded but it's better than a little less crowded in the summer and 1000% humidity in the summer IMO. As long as you get up early, you'll be fine. With the addition of FP+, it might be a different animal this year coming up we'll see... I'm hoping for a far less stressful vacation and more sleeping in!!!! I'll get the rides we want scheduled in the afternoons and my teens can sleep in and there will be less complaining! A win win for all!!!!!
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
vikster1
Mouseketeer

We have been doing Easter week for the past 6 years. On and off property. All hotels have done an egg hunt and have special little activities throughout the day. Last year we were in MK Easter Sunday. EMH in the morning and night. The park was open till 3 am. I'd say after the parade the park cleared out. Between 1-3 EMH it was empty. Walked right on anything and everything. We plan doing that again this year.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Yep, you're crazy!! LOL

You are in good company here, though! Should be lots of fun!!

I've been at Easter too! It's great! Maybe busy, but great! And not nearly so hot as JUly!

Just take your time, go to parks early and rest back at the hotel mid day. Don't worry about getting everything 'done'.

We stayed on the monorail which is very convenient for returning to the resort throughout the day if you plan on spending a lot of time in MK. Epcot resorts are great with walking distance to Epcot and DHS.

We found easy park access, using fast pass and taking breaks to work just fine.

I would book ADR's ASAP if you want to do table service.

ENJOY!!!
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

We did Easter last year at POR (the year before we left the day before). The kids LOVED the candy scramble that they had and loved all the Easter stuff in MK, too. It's just a crowded time of year, and we didn't have any issues because we're spring break travelers every year.

I wanted to do brunch at Chef Mickeys but it filled up before I decided on it and we were better off anyway. We did dinner at Crystal Palace but it wasn't anything special for Easter.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone! I feel much better and will certainly use all your suggestions. When you were there over Easter were people using the pools and waterparks?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

Anymore Easter tips, the do's and dont's!?
Old 10-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

It is very busy but you can make it work. We did Easter last year. We hit rope drop in the morning...even EMH mornings and would tour the park until noon. We would enjoy lunch and head back to the pool at our hotel. We got done everything we wanted in each park but did not do "everything." Best advice I can give is make a list of what is most important and be willing to give other stuff up if you get too bothered by crowds. We tried to do Wishes one night....never again.

We would do it again but we are also glad our spring break is not over Easter this year.
danceteachermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #11
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

We stayed at BWI the week after Easter last year. We loved the weather.

Flower and Garden was so pretty at Epcot! Not sure if your 2 year old would appreciate it but you and your wife will! For us seeing so many flowers really helped lift our spirits after an awful winter in CT!

We hit RD every day and left after lunch. Since the weather was so pleasant, the kids enjoyed time at the pool. They did the pool games and activities, and then we would get out of the sun for a bit and shower and rest. Then we'd hit Community Hall and enjoy a campfire and roasting marshmallows. Our nights were just for dinner and evening entertainment. We did not try to ride any rides, the parks were too zooey! But you can get so much done in the early part of the day I don't feel like we missed anything.

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Spring in the World! What could be better? We've been there for the past two Easters and it was great. You'll have to do some planning but it will be fun. Crowds are little higher but the weather (again Spring!) is pretty nice. Best touring advice is get there early, have an idea of what you want to do, around midday, head back to your resort, take a nap and then head back into the parks. These boards will help a LOT.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone, your comments were a true help, we are now planning on going over Easter for sure! Now we start deciding on the perfect resort! I want to try something totally different and do the Fort Wilderness Cabins, but my wife isn't so sure, we shall see....!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #14
SandyinMonterey
Mouseketeer

We are going to WDW for our first Easter trip in 2014. We are DVC members so we've already booked (11 months out). Don't wait to long to decide on resort. Our home resort is the WL and we love it there. I expect it to be crowded but also hoping that not everybody is on the same break at the same time.
SandyinMonterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #15
TJA
DIS Veteran

We've been the past 2 Easters. We love it! We aren't park commando's, though, so we don't mind the crowds. We just hit the parks in the early morning, leave during mid-afternoon, have fun at the resort for a while, then go back to parks at night. It's great! Weather is wonderful, usually. Last year Easter was early, so there were larger crowds because of the March spring breakers being there at the same time.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Upcoming Poly CL TPV
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: