Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #91
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Thanks for this info Tammy - is there an app for the 10 miler?
No app for 10 miler...but the 1/2 is the same basic training plan that you would want to work through!

I am going to look up the training schedule from rundisney for the ToT 10 miler and send it to you. It will give you a general idea of how to train.
momabaarjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #92
momabaarjo

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #93
momabaarjo

What a crazy couple of weeks it has been! I am so looking forward to a 5 day weekend for Thanksgiving at our cabin in New Mexico! Providing that we can get there...a lot of snow this fall and more on the way during the week has us questioning if we can actually get into the cabin and then get back out. Getting snowed in sounds so nice right now with how busy things have been at home. DS#1, Boo got cut on a fence panel the night before Halloween which landed us a trip to the ER at 8 pm. They did not stitch it for fear of infection...so we have been visiting the wound care clinic at the hospital every week. UGH...he had just made defensive tackle starter on his 8th grade football team and then got sidelined. Thankfully it has healed properly and we were released from wound care...now on to basketball season for him. DD#1 finished cross country season and now is having a go at swim season...plus, she has been working on her Girl Scout Gold Award (like Eagle for Boy Scout) and she had her project event last night...all that is left is submitting the final paperwork and getting it approved! YAY... DS#2, Goo, is just his normal self tagging behind big brother and sister. All of this plus lots of church things...Confirmation Classes for Boo and 1st Reconcilation and 1st Communion classes for Goo...along with Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Band, Choir...oh my life!

I really wanted to get CBR finished up...so here are the last 2 pages for CBR!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #96
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Oh I love the pool at CBR!!

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #97
momabaarjo

#19 Fall Decorations & Strolls Down Main Street

One of the things that was most important to me for this trip was not to find myself in a commando touring situation...you know rushing from each attraction to the next, forgetting to enjoy all the little things around me. It was important to me that I slow down and not worry about fast pass runs or wait times. I am not sure that I totally accomplished this goal, having Cammy along changed my touring mindset some...wanting to give her the best possible first trip ever! I learned on this trip that I no longer feel like I have to see, do and ride everything that there will be other trips for me.

I also was really looking forward to the Fall Decorations...I had seen WDW in the summer without decorations and I had seen WDW in all of its Christmas finest...Now I wanted to see it in the Fall! I was not disappointed!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #98
momabaarjo

Wishing everyone a very Blessed Thanksgiving!

Old 11-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #99
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Oh I love the pool at CBR!!
Me too Susan...it was a nice pool! Next trip...more pool time!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:04 AM   #100
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Tammie, I have fallen behind (I KNOW you aren't surprised).

LOVE all of the new scrapbook pages, I wish I had that talent!

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #101
momabaarjo

Just a quick check in to let everyone know that I have not disappeared. We had a very nice (and snowy) 5 day weekend at the cabin where I got a lot of scrapbooking done...ToT album is almost complete...did a lot of reading, sleeping, and eating too! I hope everyone's time was also blessed.

I hope to get a good TR update done tonight...but the next 3 weeks are CRAZY (yep, I have been accused of being CRAZY) busy with school programs, sporting events, and other activities...

Just to hold you over here is a scrapbook page...

Old 12-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #102
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Love all the scrapbook pages. Here's wishing you the best as you go through your busy 3 weeks. Glad you got to the cabin. It's nice to stop and smell the roses at Disney. There is really is so much attention to detail that can be missed when hurrying along.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #103
momabaarjo

#17 New Test Track: A Design Challenge Success
Wednesday AM (October 2)

(Photobucket is being such a pain with resizing and uploading that I have decided just to share scrapbook pages and write about the Favorite thing rather then share pictures too.)

After making a run to the Customs House we made a trip over to Port Royale to pick up our mugs (needing get a little morning wake up) before heading back to the room to dump the knee the knee scooter (Cammy had decided that it would be more of a pain then a help) and then to the bus stop. All of this and we still managed to make to Epcot prior to opening.

I had somewhat a touring plan in mind for the morning, so we could hit the major attractions and have plenty of time for F&W. Our first stop was to head over to Soarin and pick up FP for later on, LOL that was the plan anyway. We picked up our FP and then decided to ride since there was not wait yet. Love it when you get to walk on. Cammy was excited to ride, since when she was at DL last year the ride was down for maintance the day she was there and she was not disappointed. While I don’t love Soarin, I do like it a lot…especially the smells and the sense of freedom it gives you. Sadly, we had to be seated in the same row as family of 4 that were really rude and loud. Plus they needed a personal lesson in body space as the son in the group (probably around 20) decided that he needed to be a bird and kept throwing his hand out to the sides and hitting the both of us with his arm span. I hate when people ruin the ride for you, but hey we have FP for later. Next we walked across through Innovations to Test Track. I was curious to see and experience the new refurbishments made to the ride and I knew that Cammy being a car nut kind of girl was going to love it. Our wait time was less than 10 minutes before we were ushered into the design room where Cammy took over and designed our car. The entire time, I kept thinking how my boys were going to love this part!

After designing the doors opened and we were ushered towards the ride line. Here is the part that I HATED…another mess just like at Haunted Mansion. They put everyone into one room, then open the doors to the ride line and it is chaos of people pushing and shoving to get in line first. We hung back some to let others go ahead just to avoid the situation and ended up with some lady getting mad at us for holding up the line (guess she wanted us to push and shove). Ugh, can’t win. The line actually moved relatively fast to be loaded into the cars. Then it was off for a little test of our designing skills, Cammy did a great job because we were first for most of the design tests from all the designs in our cars and when we exited we found her design being spotlighted on the leader board. Afterwards we made our way into the showroom, where we looked at a few of the cars for fun and I commented how I could not wait to bring my car loving boys back to TT.

It was then time to use the FP for Soarin and we had just enough time to get it done and pick up a FP for TT before a very special breakfast I arranged just for her.

Last edited by momabaarjo; 12-10-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #104
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Love all the scrapbook pages. Here's wishing you the best as you go through your busy 3 weeks. Glad you got to the cabin. It's nice to stop and smell the roses at Disney. There is really is so much attention to detail that can be missed when hurrying along.
Thanks Michelle! I am so ready to be done with these crazy weeks before Christmas. This week is going to be the worst of it...something (actually 2-3 things) each night. Divide and conquer is what we have to do...thank goodness Ab is driving and can get herself to where she needs to be! It was a nice little trip to the cabin, but way too much snow this year!

I wish I could totally learn to stop and smell the roses at WDW...some day!
Old 12-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #105
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Tammie, I have fallen behind (I KNOW you aren't surprised).

LOVE all of the new scrapbook pages, I wish I had that talent!

Fallen behind...I can't even keep up with yours...rest assured that I pop in and read! I hope in catch up during Christmas.

Not a lot of talent...it is so easy really to create pages!

Hope your Thanksgiving was blessed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: