Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #16
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Since you joined in on my TR I am along for this one! Need to go back & read..
Glad to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Wow I give you a lot of credit!! I have wanted to start running but with the med's I am on they are afraid I will break a bone. Prednisone takes all the calcium out so no running for me right now but soon I hope.

Fractures are a very frustrating thing...take that calcium and build up your bones! I never thought I would say this EVER...but I do enjoy the running...of course I am not running straight for 10 miles, either. I found out about Jeff Galloway and interval running/walking and I LOVE IT! It helps that Disney is part of the mix...and there are 10,000 other people out there and I don't have to worry about coming in last!

I have the same red bag probably from the same travel agent.

It is a great bag...and an EVEN MORE AWESOME TRAVEL AGENT.

Wow this trip does seem doomed with all the fractures & friends not going. But good for you & Cammy. She seems like nothing will stop her from doing what she wants!!

Sometimes you just have to sit back and laugh because if you don't you end up crying and I still do too much of that over this whole trip!

So we were there at the same time for a few days. I remember all the runners getting on busses at the Beach Club.
So jealous of the beach club...my fellow trip mates for our next trip and run are working on budgets so we can do a mom/daughter/sister stay at BC! That is my dream resort...have stayed at BW and I just love the area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I didn't know you were still on!

So glad you came back...you know my fustrations and trails with the running thing...it took a little work for me to pull off my trip...I am glad I still went, but it was really doubtful for quite awhile.

Congrats! I did read the original PTR for a bit as I ran the ToT last year and 'knew' some of the original group.

I'm glad you made it! Can't wait to hear about it!

PS: You look great in that picture and in no way look 'pooh sized'!!
I feel pooh sized and can't stand to look at myself in pictures. I am still working on that issue...you would think with all the exercise I did I would have lost more than 15 pounds this year! Thank you...your very kind! Hoping by the time PHM in 2015 rolls around I will be in EVERY PICTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
OMG just one thing after another. Hopefully the trip went better than the lead up to it
It was crazy, but you know I truly believe I came out a better person inside and out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
I'm in!

Congrats on doing the 10 Miler. Sorry you had drama leading up to the trip. I was proud of finishing the 5k as a larger girl.
Great job on your 5K! You should be proud! It is just one step in front of the other to a 10 mile...and thank you! I am still surprised that I accomplished this...surreal that I went from NEGATIVE to 10 over the last year!

Last edited by momabaarjo; 10-20-2013 at 05:52 PM.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #17
momabaarjo

Another Reason to Hate Nemo and Are We There Yet?

Another Reason to Hate Nemo...Are We There Yet?

It turns out that I need to worry about the tight connection because our flight would depart about 30 minutes later than expected, thanks to about 40 HUGE boxes of tropical fish that had to be loaded along with our belongings. For those that know me, I am not a huge fan of ANYTHING that has to do with Nemo. While I think the message of the movie is awesome and I love Squirt & Crush&Nemo, Dory and Marlin ANNOY ME TO DEATH. So seeing that 40 boxes of live tropical fish were holding up my trip to WDW did not help matters. I am still trying to figure out why Denver is shipping tropical fish to Orlando&should it not be the other way around? Cammy and I had to laugh watching the boxes be loaded because the boxes where clearly marked handle with care&keep warm because the boxes were tilted and thrown onto a luggage car, sitting outside in Denver (which was around 50 degrees) being loaded not very gently (as can be attested to by my broken suitcase when I arrived in Orlando) into the cargo hold of a plane (which I have to ask, it is heated?). Finally, all boxes were loaded and we were ready to take off.

The great thing about the long 3 ½ hour flight was that it was a Wi-Fi flight, although we did not pay for it we were still able to access Direct TV (and watch a few shows) plus this great think called Flight Tracker where we could monitor where we were at any given time. I noticed that we would be almost directly flying over my DISfriend Amys town&and got really excited (but sad)&Amy was supposed to be on this trip with me&but life happened for her and she had to cancel right around the time the "trip" plans blew up in my face...going without her was hard for me. She and I have come to believe we are sisters from another mother (and lately the evil stepsisters) and had plans to laugh our way through the ToT 10-miler...dragging each other to the finish line if need be. While this trip did not work out together...we have the one in works with our daughters and a few friends for 2015! When we passed over her I took a picture to text her, asking if she waved to any planes.

The flight was pretty uneventful from there...&other than annoying the man sitting next to us with the smell of my sandwich and the two of us chatting away about all of our plans! We did get to see an amazing sunset out the window!

After the sunset the flight seemed endless obecause we were like little kids constantly monitoring the flight tracker to find out where we were&Are we there yet? probably furthering the annoyance of our row mate!

Last edited by momabaarjo; 10-18-2013 at 05:43 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #18
momabaarjo

Deserted

When we landed at MCO it was almost 11 pm and it was very apparent that we were probably the last flight in for the evening. As the airport was completely deserted and closed up. We made our way to baggage claim and stood there for almost 30 minutes before our luggage finally appeared, darn tropical fish. Then it was off with Cammy on her scooter and me pulling our luggage…trying to figure out how to get to ME.

Finally after asking someone we learned we had to go up the elevator, across the airport, down the elevator on the other side, then down the entire concourse to reach ME. I was a little worried that with our late flight, late baggage claim, trek to ME that we would miss our bus entirely…and when we got there ME was basically deserted

but thankfully they were waiting on us (sorry to the 4 people on ME who had to sit there).

The bus ride was quite, except for Cammy and I who found our second wind (again sorry to the 4 people that had not only wait on us, but now had to listen to us). It was not long until I nudged Cammy and we drove under….

WELCOME HOME! Even at midnight after a long day, that sign makes me smile! From there we dropped off the 4 other passengers at POR and our driver headed for CBR and the Custom’s House, which was again deserted all but a few CMs who were waiting up for us, and did not have the same second wind as we did.

Checking in seemed take a LONG TIME, they had gotten all my requests and had us assigned to a room and had all of our things ready, but then we had to throw in Cammy’s injury and ask for a 1st floor room…which apparently was a major issue to change with their unmagical mood. Rooms changed, our driver appeared to take us to our home for the next few days.

When we arrived only 1 key worked…which I soon discovered why…I had 1 key for the old room and 1 key for the new room…both under my name…NO KEY for Cammy!

Great something we are going to have to take care of before we can head to Epcot in a few short hours. Our driver assured us that we would let them know back at the Custom’s House as he shut the door and wished us a magical stay!

The time now 12:45 pm and I set to work decorating our windows while Cammy unpacked her things and took a quick shower. Lights out at 2 am, we had now been up nearly 24 hours, but we were finally HOME!

Old 10-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #20
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Despite a few snafus along the way it sounds like you had fun arriving. How did you know the sandwich smell annoyed the row mate? I bet your husband would have been interested in those tropical fish. Though maybe not, they weren't trophy fish. Did you know there are resort runners? You could have called about the key and a runner would have "ran" a new working key to you. How did you manage to get a driver? When my elderly aunt and uncle stayed there, they were destined to walk from Custom House to Jamaica.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Despite a few snafus along the way it sounds like you had fun arriving.

We did...everything with Cammy is an adventure! I could not think of anyone better to go with on this trip! She is just what I needed..

How did you know the sandwich smell annoyed the row mate?

Cause it was so yummy!

I bet your husband would have been interested in those tropical fish. Though maybe not, they weren't trophy fish.

He would only be interested if they were the kind that you could catch...lol

Did you know there are resort runners? You could have called about the key and a runner would have "ran" a new working key to you.

How did you manage to get a driver? When my elderly aunt and uncle stayed there, they were destined to walk from Custom House to Jamaica.
Not sure how we scored a driver...he just appeared with a van to take our luggage and us to our room...it was after midnight and we did have the knee walker...

It is always great to have you along!
Old 10-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #22
momabaarjo

Training Update
October 20, 2013

Distance: 2 miles
Pace: 14.9

Feeling Happy, Happy, Happy! I finally got out today and did my first run since ToT 2 weeks ago. The first week back I was just too sore and had way too much catching up to do...last week was too cold and windy to get out...but today was perfect!

What a freeing run it was! Not just because I decided to put on my favorite sparkle shirt and I opted no KT Tape or compression sleeves but because I NO LONGER HAVE STRESS OVER a stupid injury and my first long distance race...I HAVE DONE THE HARD PART! Now it is about maintaining and improving, what a freeing concept that is! While it was not a fast run, it was a completed run!

Last edited by momabaarjo; 10-20-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Love this! Where did you find it???
pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #25
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleyyy View Post

Love this! Where did you find it???
I loved it too...runs a little small though!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/oran...ream?p=t-shirt
Old 10-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #26
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Way to go!
Thanks...it was hard to get out there without the lack of impending need but it was good too not to be stressed out by HAVING to be out there. I have 16 months till my next big run... And like I said the hard part has been done!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #27
momabaarjo

As promised scrapbook pages to go with my first few TR installments!

I am really hoping to scrap this trip as I write this travel report! That why when the TR is done so is the album. I am playing around right now with ideas on how I want to set this up.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #28
momabaarjo

Unlocking the World, Only After we Get the Key

After only about 5 hours of sleep we were up and ready to go...running on excitement fuel. There was a couple of things we had to take care of BEFORE we could start our adventure. First, take care of the KEY TO THE WORLD issues...which ended up being a great test for Cammy's scooter. We headed out the bus stop to catch the internal shuttle bus...which magically appeared just a few minutes later and gave us an unrushed/deserted trial run of loading and unloading then knee scooter on the bus. We arrived at the custom house...

thank goodness a little more magical attitudes were in play and the key was taken care of. Instead of waiting for the shuttle we decided to walk back to our room...which really is not that far...and we really wanted to check out the lake and the resort.

It was a beautiful walk complete with a magical hot air balloon, but Cammy decided that after the bus ride and walk...that the knee scooter was HISTORY. It hurt her opposite hip and leg, and there was no way that she was going to be able to push herself around on it all day. I had suggested we call for a motorized scooter or that we pick up a wheelchair at each park...but she flatly said NO. She had been walking in a boot now for 2 weeks, and she would continue to walk in the boot....the doctor just felt this would be easier on her at WDW. After ditching the scooter back in the room, we headed over to Old Port Royale to pick up our mugs (Cammy needed coffee and I could go for a little tea). I have to say that our room was a perfect distance to OPR...all we had to do was cross Castway Cay Island...

which was another beautiful walk...(can you tell that I am happy with MY choice of resorts). I am so happy that I NEVER BACKED DOWN or gave in on where I wanted to stay. CBR was giving me the exact vibe I wanted out of a resort for this trip...peaceful, relaxing, and a get away!

picked up our filled mugs and headed back to the room to drop off the mugs and then to finally start working on MY FAVORITE THINGS...DISNEY STYLE!

Last edited by momabaarjo; 10-21-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #29
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Feeling Happy, Happy, Happy! I finally got out today and did my first run since ToT 2 weeks ago. The first week back I was just too sore and had way too much catching up to do...last week was too cold and windy to get out...but today was perfect!

What a freeing run it was! Not just because I decided to put on my favorite sparkle shirt and I opted no KT Tape or compression sleeves but because I NO LONGER HAVE STRESS OVER a stupid injury and my first long distance race...I HAVE DONE THE HARD PART! Now it is about maintaining and improving, what a freeing concept that is! While it was not a fast run, it was a completed run!
It is nice to just run for 'fun'!! You got out sooner than I did after my races. I think I took 2 months off, not 2 weeks!

Did you ask where all those fish were going?

CBR is I think the only resort that I've never stayed at or even visited. Weird.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #30
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Love the scrap book pages. Good idea to scrap as you go.

I'm glad you liked your resort. Mickeystoontown is also sold on CBR. We've stayed here 3 times and it's just not my favorite. However, I do have a favorite memory from one of our stays. There was a night time shuttle launch. We had a fabulous view from one of the bridges.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: