Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #181
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Final Thoughts

Here is my completed album! I promised it would be finished when I finished this trip report. I even went ahead and ordered it...I am working on modifying it a little so that I can give Cammy one more personalized for her! Just click on the link! I am pretty proud of how it turned out.

Looking back over the last 12 months prior to the race and now 4 months later things I still stop and think about the derailed trip & friends and how far I have come in my royal transformation to a Disney Queen (and I know just which one I am). I do really believe that God places people to come into our lives for a reason, maybe for just a short time or a lifetime. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a situation or difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They are there for the reason you need them to be, sent by God. Then, without any warning or even at an inconvenient time, you will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they walk away and never give you a chance to say you’re sorry or clear the air, heck they may even call you CRAZY leaving you hurt as well as blindsided. Not a day doesn't go by that I wish that I could fix things, say I am sorry, rebuild what once was, or just understand what really happened and why. What I must realize is that my need had been met, my desire fulfilled, and their work was done. The prayer that I had sent up had been answered and now it is time to run on...

In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers:
A Tale of Friends Planning & Training for PHM 2015

On to the next PTR! LOL! We are in the process of assembling our cast of Queens (friends & families, too) along with some of our favorite princesses (daughters) to come together to train, plan, laugh and celebrate the moments during the Princess Half Marathon in 2015! You can bet there will be LOTS of cupcakes, probably some high and low points in training, but no derailed trips or friendships!

Last edited by momabaarjo; 02-23-2014 at 08:31 AM.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #182
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

LOVE the photobook! I can't wait to follow in your footsteps (literally) this year!

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #183
momabaarjo

Thanks Susan...so excited for you'
Old 02-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #184
shocky5
DIS Veteran

Nobody faint! I FINALLY got this TR completed and Tammie - it's beautiful. I'm so proud of you and what you accomplished and the inspiration you've provided for others, as Susan stated in your TR, is real!

Your final thoughts are spot on and you've graciously embraced all the triumphs and adversities provided to you through this experience.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... WAY TO GO!!!

The Last of the OCD Type A Planners to get her TR started - December 2011 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post43707322

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite
shocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:37 AM   #185
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky5 View Post
Nobody faint! I FINALLY got this TR completed and Tammie - it's beautiful. I'm so proud of you and what you accomplished and the inspiration you've provided for others, as Susan stated in your TR, is real!

Your final thoughts are spot on and you've graciously embraced all the triumphs and adversities provided to you through this experience.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... WAY TO GO!!!
OMG...I did pass out for a second when I saw who posted!

Been missing you my friend and wish we would have had the moment at the finish line that I was dreaming off. But all things happen for a purpose...still it does not make it hurt any less.

Are you ready to find out what doesn't kill will make you stronger?
Old 02-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #186
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing that TR! I absolutely loved how you layed it all out & am completely awed by your ability to get that many scrap pages done so soon. I have completely ONE from my W&D race in November. (it's in my Nov Wine & Dine TR) and nothing else.

I cried reading your race journey- it brought back the memories of my own. It was such a long, hard battle for me to cross that finish line & the journey it took to get there..... I cried like a baby when I crossed the finish. You can see in my finish line pictures I'm just bawling.....

It's a amazing journey isn't it? One we should all be so proud of! Congrats -belated- on ToT.. and FANTASTIC job on the scrappages- I really enjoyed looking at all those (I think I own every single one of those kits, btw!)
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #187
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Thank you for sharing that TR! I absolutely loved how you layed it all out & am completely awed by your ability to get that many scrap pages done so soon. I have completely ONE from my W&D race in November. (it's in my Nov Wine & Dine TR) and nothing else.

That is the great thing about going digital...I actually get pages done. I tend to have sleep issues and between midnight and 5 am I get a lot done. I was determined to have this album done when the TR was done!

I cried reading your race journey- it brought back the memories of my own. It was such a long, hard battle for me to cross that finish line & the journey it took to get there..... I cried like a baby when I crossed the finish. You can see in my finish line pictures I'm just bawling.....

Thank you...I have shed way too many tears over this whole trip. I too cried like a baby, I just wish I would have gotten a great finish line shot. I really need to go and look through all the race pictures but just really have not felt like it. I know how I felt...I don't think those emotions will ever leave. What a great feeling to accomplish the goal you set out to do...

It's a amazing journey isn't it? One we should all be so proud of! Congrats -belated- on ToT.. and FANTASTIC job on the scrappages- I really enjoyed looking at all those (I think I own every single one of those kits, btw!)
Nicole...I hope this gave you some idea what to expect for ToT. I am so excited for you! And will be cheering you on in your next race!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #188
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

great final thoughts. Can relate on so many levels!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #189
momabaarjo

thanks Emma...the final thoughts were completely heartfelt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: