Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #136
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I LOVE HM and the scrapbook pages don't disappoint...but the food pics make me swoon!

Beverly...can you believe one of mine actually LIKES it?!?!?!?! I think it tastes like barf smells! Looking forward to more pics (especially of the food ).

Happy New Year...your trip is so close! I am so excited for you...are you and Betsy going to be there at the same time?

My dh actually like the Beverly...but I have to agree with you YUCK!

F&W was amazing and I cant wait to take dh...he loves to try new things too! While some of the food was a disappointment, most of it was good. I just wish I would not run out of time or stomach space!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #137
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Your pages look amazing! I love seeing the pictures.
Thank you! It is even more fun when you were there and know some of the stories behind the pictures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #138
momabaarjo

# 7 MNSSHP: Partying with the Mouse (Part 1)
Getting our Party on

After spending the morning with Harry, it was time spend the evening partying with Mickey. When we arrived back at CBR from USO, we were a bit hungry so we headed over to OPR for a little lunch.

I had the Beef and Blue on Ciabatta Bread (Roast Beef, Tomatoes, Roasted Balsamic Red Onions, Greens, and Blue Cheese Dressing) and Cammy selected the Royale Sandwich (Turkey, Ham, Salami, Roast Beef, Provolone, Lettuce, Tomato, and Red Pepper Ranch Spread on Foccacia Bread).

These sandwiches were HUGE&we could have easily split one and shared the meal. I loved the House-made Jerk Chips the best&YUM-O! Afterwards, we changed into our costumes for MNSSHP. Now I am not so much of a costume person, but I was really excited about getting into the spirit of the party and wear the costume that I had wanted (plus it was an excuse to buy another SparkleSkirt). When I told Cammy what I was going as she decided that she wanted to do the same thing (which I never expected her to do...it was nice that someone else like my idea instead of shooting it down), she thought it was so Disney and so much fun! Dressed for our evening date with the other guy in Orlando it was off to MNSSHP.

We both were excited as we approached the main gate and put on our party wrist bands! Then through the entry into MK in all of its fall finest, which following my PTR you know I was excited about seeing! Our first stop was into Town Hall where we had to get pictures with our date for the evening...

Then it was time for me to take that stroll down main street that I had been dreaming of...taking in all the fall decorations (which I would stop and do many times, because my goal of this trip was to live in the moment really experience the little things).

After stopping for a few pictures in front of the castle, we took a left turn into Adventureland for a couple of cruises, first being my boys favorite ride&

they just love the bad jokes and me too. I have to say I HATE THIS STANDBY LINE, while the wait really was less than 20 minutes the winding around and around makes you groan just like the jokes. We ended up in a boat traffic jam at the end of the cruise that lasted for a good 15 minutes. Not completely sure what was going on, and while our captain had great jokes she really needed to work on delivery, mainly needs to be louder and stop mumbling! Next up was POTC and little fun search looking for Hidden Jacks&lol.

Then we headed toward Frontierland. We decided to skip Splash Mountain after our experience on Jurassic Park earlier in the day, but decided since the wait time was 10 minutes on BTMRR we would give it a ride. Not my favorite mountain by any means (I dont like jerky), but it still is a fun ride and with such a short wait time we could not resist.

From there we headed to Haunted Mansion&hey isnt this the focal point of the night. And I want to ride as many times as possible. The line moved quickly, so there was not much time to play this time.

Afterwards, it was time to for the most important drink of the day (yes something even better than the mornings 3 rounds of Butterbeer)&

Dole Whip! I was VERY sad not to be sharing the moment with one of my friends that could not make the trip&I texted and had a little moment together. Cammy had never had a dole whip before, and lets just say I created another Dole Whip Addict! When we finished it was time to finally get to see what had been teasing me my last 2 trips&

Last edited by momabaarjo; 01-08-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #139
momabaarjo

# 7 MNSSHP: Partying with the Mouse (Part 2)
New Fantasyland, FINALLY

So what had been teasing me for my last 2 trips, well the New Fantasyland of course! It was time to see what was behind all those walls!

And like all good trips one must check out the bathroom of course and if this bathroom was any indication of the rest of the NFL I knew I would not be disappointed. I wish I would have known about all the hidden Pascals before the trip, because it would have been so much fun to look for them...How on earth did I miss not knowing!?! probably too busy worrying about getting a room reservation nailed down. But there was plenty to look at in the best bathroom in WDW!

It was crazy how much time we took in a bathroom before we made our way to It's a Small World, where no trip is complete without that song stuck in your head.

We skipped over Peter Pan, it was closed for refurb and it really is not on the top of my list to do. While I love that it is a classic ride, I dont feel the need to go sprinting to it the first thing I do in order not to miss it&there will be other trips. Next it was time to pass through those faux walls and into a new land...but not before I had to fight with myself about getting in line for the dwarves picture.

While I love characters, I dont necessarily have to have my picture taken with them, especially if there is a huge line. But for some reason I had to have an inner battle about this photo op...lingering memories of trip planning past and those who know it all with what you have to do during MNSSHP was haunting me and I felt like I would not being doing MNSSHP if I did not get in line...so instead of fighting with myself I gave Cammy the choice...past the dwarves and line we went, battle over! We slowly made our way past Storytime with Belle and BOG knowing that we had plans for these places another day. Stopped to dream a little bit about the new Mine Ride....

before visiting Cammy's favorite princess, Ariel, which we were surprised by walking on (which almost was a shame because the theming for the line area looked like there was lots to see). I have to say that I am glad now that it was walk on, because I really could not see myself waiting too long to go on an undersea adventure with Ariel again.

No trip undersea would be complete without singing along with Ursula...

which I had been doing a lot lately..."Poor Unfortunate Soul" in my best evil voice. I hade to send a friend another text and share yet another evil laugh together! After Ariel we made our way to Storybook Circus where I was thinking that Cammy would love a ride on Dumbo&

but I was mistaken we spent our time there looking at the theming, checking out the MNSSHP merchandise and began our trick or treating. All which was good for me, since this trip really wasn't about running from attraction to attraction but enjoying the moments.

From Storybook Circus, we stopped to ride Pooh...Cammy loves Pooh and I even got to play for a brief moment on the walls of honey in line. With Fantasyland completed, we headed off to another adventure...

Last edited by momabaarjo; 01-09-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #140
momabaarjo

# 7 MNSSHP: Partying with the Mouse (Part 3)
Walking in Circles

After having a great time exploring the New Fantasyland, we then made our way into Tomorrowland for a trip on the Peoplemover and a shoot out with Buzz.

Heading back towards the hub, I pulled Cammy off the bridge for one of my favorite PhotoPass locations. There was only 1 couple in front of us and much to our delight we watched the man get on 1 knee and pull out a ring...wow, talk about magic. I am so happy we got to witness this moment.

After we had our picture taken Cammy and I decided to wander around and trick or treat and make our way back to the Haunted Mansion for some magic shots now that it was dark and of course another ride in those doom-buggies.

When we emerged from the mansion we ran into another group of Mousekeeters and they insisted we take a picture together.

By this time people were already lining up for the 1st parade, which we had decided that we would skip and get another dole whip. Trying to make our way back to Adventureland was almost impossible and we managed to make it across the street just as the Headless Horseman passed by.

We stood and watched the parade for a few moments before making our way towards Aloha Isles for round 2.

Dole whips in hand we wandered around a deserted Adventureland and then to the trick or treat trail at Splash Mountain, stopped for another ride on HM where we met up with Madame Leota where is was actively flirting with a couple of teenage boys.

We then trick or treated all the way back to Tomorrowland for yet another ride on the Peoplemover and another shootout with Buzz.

Candy bags full and Wishes about to start we made our way to the hub to watch the Villain Show and stake out a place for Wishes...talk about walking in circles, but it was no nice to worry about any OCD touring plan and just going where the moment took us!

Last edited by momabaarjo; 01-13-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #141
momabaarjo

# 7 MNSSHP: Partying with the Mouse (Part 4)
Saving the Best for Last

We made our way between the Partners Statue and the castle to watch the Villains Show.

It was fun, I had never really stopped before to watch one of the live shows! Wishes was scheduled to start not long after the show ended, so Cammy and I opted to stay put and not fight the crowds and we were rewarded with a great location to view both Celebrate the Magic and my favorite Wishes!

Which both were spectacular as usual. After the show, we had a little while before the next parade so we decided that we wanted some real food, or at least Cammy wanted real food and I still had not had the pumpkin waffle sundae. Cammy headed of to Casey’s while I went in the direction of Sleepy Hollow, and with our food in hand we met back up at a table near CP/Casey’s. By this time we both were beginning to drag and sitting down was a welcomed treat.

As we enjoyed our food, the Boo to You Parade began and instead of getting up and moving to watch the parade, we opted to watch from the table.

Not a great viewing area, but hey at least I was finally seeing a Disney Parade (next time I will be sitting on the curb) and there is always my zoom lense. After the parade, Cammy and I decided that it was time to make our way back to CBR and call it a night.

On our way out we stopped for a few more photopass pictures to capture our night and then it was on the bus, back to our room to check our candy haul and fall into bed with not so scary dreams.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #143
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

I love that photopass picture with the frame!

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #144
momabaarjo

A couple pages for NFL...

Last edited by momabaarjo; 01-19-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #145
momabaarjo

Couple more pages for NFL...

Last edited by momabaarjo; 01-20-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #146
momabaarjo

My last 2 pages for NFL...

Last edited by momabaarjo; 01-22-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #147
momabaarjo

#5 of My Favorite Things...

My favorite drink at WDW got a little better when I tried out the Dole Whip featured at F&W...Orange Dole Whip with Crème de Cocao White. Pretty yummy...but an orange dole with pineapple juice can't be topped!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #148
momabaarjo

#4 Parades...

To tell you the truth the parade idea got pushed aside once again, but I made improvement. I got closer to parade then I ever had on my prior trips. Thankfully I know that I have another trip coming in 13 months, so maybe I will try again to make a parade!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #149
momabaarjo

#3 Wishes...

The only thing better than fireworks is fireworks with Cinderella's castle framed in front of them. Disney simply does it the best! If I could, every night would end at MK with Wishes.

I am not happy with this page, so I am sure I will be tweaking it before I get my album printed! That is the great thing about digital scrapbooking, I can tweak, tweak, tweak until I get it the way I like it!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #150
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Love your MNSSHP pics and the scrapbook pages! How on earth did you capture such great shots of the show? Most of mine got pretty blurry with all the movement. That's great the other mouseketeers asked for a picture with you.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: