Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #17
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! Sorry about your health issues. Sounds like this was a well deserved trip.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #18
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I am here! Was so glad to see you got better and was able to go.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
I'm here! I'll try to keep up!
Welcome uncw89. Just sitting here at the hospital having my infusion. Hopefully tonight I will get an update done.
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #20
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Joining in! What a scary month leading up to your trip. I'm so glad that you both recovered enough to be able to go.
Ok doing this on my IPad and not sure how to get all your posts onto ONE reply so will do individually. Welcome RGirl. So glad to have you here.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #21
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Joining in! What a scary month leading up to your trip. I'm so glad that you both recovered enough to be able to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh my gosh! Sorry about your health issues. Sounds like this was a well deserved trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I am here! Was so glad to see you got better and was able to go.
Ok just figured it out!

Yay Brenda is here! I need to get caught up on your TR!

Hi Erika. Need to check into. Your report also. Hope all is well with Jeremy. I do see posts on FB. Stay tuned!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

So after a few more doctors appointments & getting the ok to go back to work 4 days before leaving for Disney I went back to work part time for 4 days & then Friday we were leaving. Our flight was at 6:45 am arriving around 9:45. My sister lives in MA so they were going out of RI around 7:30 am. I got up around 3:15 that morning & got DH up. Everything was ready to go. I fed my cat Willow & gave her a big hug & we took off. Our airport is only an hour away. We park the car in the outdoor parking lot for $10.00 per night. We had a little walk as we had to park in Lot C. Got our luggage checked & got breakfast at Dunkins. I plugged in my Ipad & before you know it we were boarding. I told DH that he could have the window seat on the way down because I wanted the window seat on the way back to see all our New England foliage. It is beautiful here this time of year. DH was reading a Stephen King book on his Nook. He reads ALL the Stephen King books.

I had downloaded the first season of Downton Abbey so I watched the first 2 shows & yes I am now hooked!! In the UK they have Downton Abbey T shirts! I did not get one yet but may get one in May.

Before you know it we were landing in Orlando. Hello Orlando

When packing I was thinking that on our last few trips DH & I shared 1 suitcase so we could do that again. Well the other 2 trips were for only 3 or 4 nights & this was 7 so when we went to weigh the 1 suitcase it was 51 pounds so we ended up bringing 2, however when I got the ME luggage tags I apparently threw one of them away thinking we were just bringing one suitcase!!. Stupid me. I NEVER usually throw anything away but I did. So we had to get one of the suitcases & then headed to ME. Airport shuttle

This would be our line that we ended up first in. No one else in line so we did wait like 10 min. but were the first ones on the bus.

LOVE THIS SIGN

Getting closer

And we have arrived

I am going to end it here for tonight. Had my infusion today & kinda beat.

Up Next:

Is our room ready at 11:30 am??
Where do we head first?

Old 10-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #23
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Yay for flight on time, clear skies, arrival in Orlando and seeing the best sign in the world.

Get some rest. And looking forward to the next update.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #24
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Great pics, Doreen! How did you download Downton Abby to the iPad? I am still on the learning curve...and the first thing I figured out was that I should have bought one with more GB.

Downton Abby T-Shirts?? Were they cute? I may have to send you some $$ for your next trip!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #26
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Yay for flight on time, clear skies, arrival in Orlando and seeing the best sign in the world. Get some rest. And looking forward to the next update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Great pics, Doreen! How did you download Downton Abby to the iPad? I am still on the learning curve...and the first thing I figured out was that I should have bought one with more GB. Downton Abby T-Shirts?? Were they cute? I may have to send you some $$ for your next trip!
Quote:
Yay for arrival at WDW! BTW, your cat and my daughter have the same name.
Kathy our flight actually landed a half hour early. I think our pilot had a lead foot. Gotta love clear skies! Christine I went to ITunes and searched "Downton Abbey". Yeah I only got the 16 GB. I probably should have gotten more. The t ****s were cute. They had 3 different ones to choose from. Isn't your trip coming soon? RGirl your daughter is Willow? I love that name. The funny thing is that at the SPCA she had the same LAST name as our last name! She is one spoiled cat! I will post a pic of her tomorrow. She and I are the only females in this house of males.

I came home with laryngitis which has turned into a full blown cold and every time I lay down I start coughing. May go to doctors today. I am thinking bronchitis. UGH!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #27
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Kathy our flight actually landed a half hour early. I think our pilot had a lead foot. Gotta love clear skies! Christine I went to ITunes and searched "Downton Abbey". Yeah I only got the 16 GB. I probably should have gotten more. The t ****s were cute. They had 3 different ones to choose from. Isn't your trip coming soon? RGirl your daughter is Willow? I love that name. The funny thing is that at the SPCA she had the same LAST name as our last name! She is one spoiled cat! I will post a pic of her tomorrow. She and I are the only females in this house of males.

I came home with laryngitis which has turned into a full blown cold and every time I lay down I start coughing. May go to doctors today. I am thinking bronchitis. UGH!!!
Oh, Doreen, hope you feel better very soon. You've had more than your share of being sick.

My December trip is not happening after all. Dr strongly recommended not going unless I planned to use a wheelchair, but I would not do that to my friends. Maybe next year. I was so looking forward to meeting Kathy and Mark.

I bought the 16GB too - I always forget that it doesn't really have that much room since quite a lot is taken up with Sarfari etc already. Should have gone with the 32 at least....but at the time it sounded like so much money. Live and learn!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #28
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Coming along...glad you were able to go!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #29
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Coming along...glad you were able to go!
Tammie. I just joined your TR also.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #30
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I'm here ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: