Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #31
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
There are probably 1000's of details, a lot of which are even more minor then the Yeti, around WDW that you would not notice where missing if you had never seen them in the first place, but it is these very things that set Disney apart.
~Well, I agree with you. Beer Dave was the first poster to actually describe what the ride was like before B Mode Betty. I didn't know the entire coaster slowed down under the Yeti, it sounds amazing. So, I understand where the disappointment stems from.

~When I was a teen still at home, our family went to Disney in 1998 for the grand opening of Disney's Animal Kingdom. I was there the first year, when the park was brand new and there was no Mount Everest or Kali River Rapids.

~But, I have fond memories of the Kilimanjaro Safari. I loved the bridge that rocked back & forth and was taken by surprise with the story line of helping to save baby Jambo from the poachers. I loved that story, but it's gone now. The bridge which also used to be a feature, is entirely hit or miss. Also, riding in front of the monorail and collecting cards was popular and finding the paint brush on Tom Sawyers island, etc.

~Unfortunately, that's just part of life. We have to find new things to appreciate as the world around us continues to evolve. Disney still holds more magic than the other vacation options we've experienced.

~Frankly, the problem is that our society has never quite caught up to Disney's high standards and as a result Disney has plenty of wiggle room to be complacent regarding certain aspects of the theme parks.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #32
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan View Post
I think the dollar amounts involved are new attraction levels...I'd rather some new D or E ticket ride, then 3 brief seconds of animatronic movement on a ride that is pretty good as it is today.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #33
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
[B][COLOR="Magenta"]~Well, I agree with you. Beer Dave was the first poster to actually describe what the ride was like before B Mode Betty. I didn't know the entire coaster slowed down under the Yeti, it sounds amazing. So, I understand where the disappointment stems from.
Hey-- I didn't re read my post, but it didn't slow-- The cave was better lit, with no strobe-- as the track dives into the exit of the yeti room, there is a psuedo track above, twisted. as you enter the room, the track appears to be connected to the twisted track leading towards the ceiling/ wall of the cave. The yeti's hand swoops down just as the train drops into the exit tunnel, seemingly inches above your heads. The first time on, I had the "oh sxxx" moment of " how is this going to work?" because the illusion of the damaged track was so good. No speed change-- just well lit and choreographed.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #34
MommaChip
Earning My Ears

Is the ride still enjoyable without the movement of the yeti? We will be riding it for the first time next month.
MommaChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #35
MommaChip
Earning My Ears

And what is avatar land? Avatar isn't disney.... Will this ruin the park??
MommaChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #36
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaChip View Post
Is the ride still enjoyable without the movement of the yeti? We will be riding it for the first time next month.
Yes, but it was better with a functioning Yeti.

Quote:
And what is avatar land? Avatar isn't disney.... Will this ruin the park??
Contrary to popular belief, it will NOT ruin the park.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #37
littlebittyhouse
Earning My Ears

ok so I thought I was losing my mind when the last time I went and EE wasn't as exciting as it was when I went in 2006.

It is still a great ride but NOTHING like it was when she moved.
littlebittyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #38
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Yes, but it was better with a functioning Yeti.

Contrary to popular belief, it will NOT ruin the park.
Don't confuse "popular" with "repetitive".
Old 12-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #39
King Triton
DIS Veteran

Come on Disney, you have to fix the Yeti. Even if you have to close down the ride for a couple of months. The magic is in the details. Disney's quality is what sets Disney apart from everyone else. Oh yes, fixing the Yeti is a very big deal. Are you listening Disney?
Old 12-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #40
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Very much so! It is a great coaster and there is something about the section where you go backwards on a corkscrew in the dark that is very intense even when I rode it 5 or 6 times. You will enjoy it!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: