Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #46
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslipper View Post
Did you happen to see what the current bounceback offer is?
From what I am seeing it is FREE DINING for most nights from 8/20-9/29/14.

I do not see a room only BB offer??
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #47
crazyfordisney2000
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you are having a fantastic time!!!! Just waiting to hear what the boy chose, Poly or the Lodge!
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #48
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
From what I am seeing it is FREE DINING for most nights from 8/20-9/29/14. I do not see a room only BB offer??
That is what the BB offer has typically been for the people staying in a WDW resort in the fall. . The room only discounts usually appear at the end of Nov or beginning of December.

I hope you and your DH get a chance to check out the WL before you make your final resort choice. It has a much different theme than the Poly. The easiest way to get there is to take the boat from MK. That will also let you know how nice the boats are.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #49
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfordisney2000 View Post
Sounds like you are having a fantastic time!!!! Just waiting to hear what the boy chose, Poly or the Lodge!
Thank-you! We're having a blast!! We had a hiccup at Kidani, so we are back at Jambo house till Fri now, but stii have an Arusha View room
We are going to visit WL tom, so stay tuned..lol
Old 10-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #50
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
That is what the BB offer has typically been for the people staying in a WDW resort in the fall. . The room only discounts usually appear at the end of Nov or beginning of December.

I hope you and your DH get a chance to check out the WL before you make your final resort choice. It has a much different theme than the Poly. The easiest way to get there is to take the boat from MK. That will also let you know how nice the boats are.
I would prefer room only, so I'm going to have to hold out and wait! If we come back next year, it would be Oct again.

We are going to check out the WL tom (today now) and decide on what resort will be at the end..

Thanks for the tip on transportation! My boys are itching to take a boat ride! We plan on doing it tom

Stay tuned....
Old 10-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #51
TJA
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the updates! Secretly I hope you switch to Poly. Nothing personal against WL because it is beautiful and we had a great stay there in August, but given your current trip it would be nice for you to experience the AKL feeling (isolated/safari), then BC is so bright and beachy, has the boardwalk and you can walk to Epcot and boat or walk to HS, then it would be perfect to end your trip experiencing the other side of the world at Poly where you can watch Wishes each night from the beach there! And monorail to MK and Epcot. You'd get to experience the best of each area of WDW.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #52
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
Thanks for all the updates! Secretly I hope you switch to Poly. Nothing personal against WL because it is beautiful and we had a great stay there in August, but given your current trip it would be nice for you to experience the AKL feeling (isolated/safari), then BC is so bright and beachy, has the boardwalk and you can walk to Epcot and boat or walk to HS, then it would be perfect to end your trip experiencing the other side of the world at Poly where you can watch Wishes each night from the beach there! And monorail to MK and Epcot. You'd get to experience the best of each area of WDW.
That's exactly what I was thinking too! We have dinner at Ohana tonight and then we are heading over to WL to check it out!

You're very welcome for the updates, and when I get a chance I will update on the Magic bands (pain in the ***-at least for us they have been) all the ADR's we've done so far which have all been awesome, and anything else in between

Disney really is truly a magical place!

Btw..I'm typing this while sitting in Dinoland at the Dinsosaur dig in AK
Old 10-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #53
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking too! We have dinner at Ohana tonight and then we are heading over to WL to check it out!

You're very welcome for the updates, and when I get a chance I will update on the Magic bands (pain in the ***-at least for us they have been) all the ADR's we've done so far which have all been awesome, and anything else in between

Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #54
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

AKL is my FAV resort.
Be sure to talk up the native CM's in the Lodge. I loved talking to them about their homeland.

Have a Great vacation.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip DEC 2013 POP/Caribbean Beach Resort I have to wait until 2015!
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #55
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, we went for dinner at Chef Mickey's (1st time and it was great!) and then took the monorail over to the Poly, and we LOVED IT!! My boys were so excited and kept asking if we were staying at this resort...lol
The pool is great, and loved watching the fireworks and EWP from the beach. Love the tropical theming as well. Its such a different resort from AKL, but not in a bad way, just theme wise its very different.
Tom, we are going to check out WL and then make our final decision. I want the boys to see both resorts and then they can pick the one they want to stay at
As for Boma, yes, you should really try it if you can. In less then 2 days we have done Boma breakfast, T-rex dinner and Chef Mickey's dinner. All were really good, but so far Boma is my fav food wise.
Tom we have lunch at Crystal Palace, so fingers crossed we have another great meal!
Glad you're having a great time and enjoying all of your meals . We love dinner at Boma as it's one of our favorites and is a must do for us every trip. Sounds like you had an awesome visit to the Poly ....it really is an amazing resort.

How did the WL visit go? I can't wait to hear what you decided (although I don't think you would regret either one ).

Quote:
We have dinner at Ohana tonight and then we are heading over to WL to check it out!
We love Ohana....hope you enjoyed it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #56
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

Quote:

flinkerrosch...how busy and/or crowded is the Animal Kingdom?
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #57
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

I am going to answer all the questions I was asked from above

*Ohana was awesome, and LOVED everything about it!

*AK today was great! It was a recommended park day, and I could see why. It was busy, but most rides weren't a long wait if you didn't have a fast pass, and if you did, you were on the ride in a matter of minutes!

*We have switched to the Poly..hehe..loved WL, gorgeous resort, but because we are staying at AKL we figured the Poly would be great because the theming is so different and lush.

*And just a few other things I was going to touch on....

*The magic bands for us have been a HUGE pain in the ***! SO many problems with them, but the CM's have been amazing and we have received a $200 credit to spend on whatever we want, 1 of our Character meals was paid for, and a bunch of fast passes were given to us for all the inconvenience.

*We have eaten at CM dinner, Boma breakfast, T-rex dinner, Crystal Palace lunch, and Ohana dinner, and all meals were amazing!! I would say the best character interaction was at Crystal Palace. We have many more to go, so stay tuned

*AKL- If you want a Savanna view room, request 3rd or 4th floor. Its a better view of the animals. We are on the 5th floor, and although its good, its pretty high, so trees tend to block some of the animals. I actually just watched a Giraffe eat from a tree right outside my room, pretty cool

*Pool view is great too! We had a pool view room for our 1st 2 nights, and loved it just as much!
We are on Zebra Trail, and it's great!
Room was very clean on arrival, mousekeeping has been spot on, and no complaints with noise.

*So far we have visited MK and AK, and both were wonderful!

*We have a rental car while here, so can't comment on the buses, but I can tell you that AKL is appx a 10 min drive to MK, and its a very easy drive. When we return we will rent a car again. Having a car has been so convenient, and handy!

Tomorrow is Blizzard Beach day, yay!

Any other questions anyone may have, ask away!

Cheers!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #58
Kanga1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the updates!!! Love them!!

So, now that you have experienced both Pool view and Arusha view at Jambo house, which do you prefer? Trying to decide for our trip next summer!

See our July 2014 Video

See our July 2010 Video

Kanga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #59
Simba07
Mouseketeer

We were at AKL about a year ago and I got this large tall mug, black, with ethnic stylized animals and the AKL logo. I loved it. Well, last week my husband dropped it emptying the dishwasher. He thought it was not a problem b/c we're going to Disney in Nov. But now I'm worried b/c I've been hearing there is no resort merchandise. Has anyone seen my mug???
Simba07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #60
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba07 View Post
We were at AKL about a year ago and I got this large tall mug, black, with ethnic stylized animals and the AKL logo. I loved it. Well, last week my husband dropped it emptying the dishwasher. He thought it was not a problem b/c we're going to Disney in Nov. But now I'm worried b/c I've been hearing there is no resort merchandise. Has anyone seen my mug???
If you are talking about the one that says Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge with the Giraffe and Zebra on it, (I'm looking at mine now) the answer is no. I bought it a few years ago and have been looking for another one. Haven't seen it neither Jambo or Kidani.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: