Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 743

Here now..AKL!

Hello fellow diser's....

I've been planning our 1st family vacation to Disney World for over a year, and I can FINALLY say we are here!!

We got here yesterday morning at 8:45 am (from Toronto, Canada) and our 1st resort out of 3 is AKL!

Its gorgeous!! We have a pool view for 2 nights at Jambo House, and then move over to Kidani tom for 4 nights Savanna View.

We have reservations shortly for Boma, yum!!!

If anyone has any questions, fire away! I will do my best to respond back in a timely manner

Thanks to all the diser's that have helped me plan our 1st family vacation and make it so special!!! You guys rock!!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Hello fellow diser's....

I've been planning our 1st family vacation to Disney World for over a year, and I can FINALLY say we are here!!

We got here yesterday morning at 8:45 am (from Toronto, Canada) and our 1st resort out of 3 is AKL!

Its gorgeous!! We have a pool view for 2 nights at Jambo House, and then move over to Kidani tom for 4 nights Savanna View.

We have reservations shortly for Boma, yum!!!

If anyone has any questions, fire away! I will do my best to respond back in a timely manner

Thanks to all the diser's that have helped me plan our 1st family vacation and make it so special!!! You guys rock!!
Congrats on your 1st family vacation!!! Enjoy your trip!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Hello fellow diser's....

I've been planning our 1st family vacation to Disney World for over a year, and I can FINALLY say we are here!!

We got here yesterday morning at 8:45 am (from Toronto, Canada) and our 1st resort out of 3 is AKL!

Its gorgeous!! We have a pool view for 2 nights at Jambo House, and then move over to Kidani tom for 4 nights Savanna View.

We have reservations shortly for Boma, yum!!!

If anyone has any questions, fire away! I will do my best to respond back in a timely manner

Thanks to all the diser's that have helped me plan our 1st family vacation and make it so special!!! You guys rock!!
AKL is an amazing resort . Our last AKL stay was a pool view room and we loved it. Have a great time at AKL as well as the other 2 resorts .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Congrats on your 1st family vacation!!! Enjoy your trip!!!
Thank-you!

Its actually our 1st family vacation to Disney World (just wanted to clarify..lol)

We've been on many vacations, but I'm honestly wowed by what I've seen in the last 24hrs!!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Thank-you!

Its actually our 1st family vacation to Disney World (just wanted to clarify..lol)

We've been on many vacations, but I'm honestly wowed by what I've seen in the last 24hrs!!
Disney is our favorite, no matter where else we have traveled. Disney is the one place we keep going back to!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
AKL is an amazing resort . Our last AKL stay was a pool view room and we loved it. Have a great time at AKL as well as the other 2 resorts .
Thank-you!!! Yes, AKL is amazing! Its so breathtaking!

People say its dark, and it is, but its sooo warm and homey feeling..I am SO glad I didn't take this resort out of my 3!

We got upgraded to a bunk bed room, and boy oh boy were the boys excited!!

Thanks again for all your awesome help and info!

PS..we still have WL as our last resort, but I'm seriously considering switching to Poly while I still have a chance!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Disney is our favorite, no matter where else we have traveled. Disney is the one place we keep going back to!
I can now see why! I'm pretty sure I will be planning trip #2 when we get home!

We have 16 days here at the World, and have so many fun things planned!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran
 
momof2minnies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Westfield,MA.
Posts: 3,334

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
I can now see why! I'm pretty sure I will be planning trip #2 when we get home!

We have 16 days here at the World, and have so many fun things planned!
If your sure you are going again do a bounce back offer before you check out and save some money.

Linda
__________________
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #9
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2minnies View Post
If your sure you are going again do a bounce back offer before you check out and save some money.

Linda
Right, Thank-you !! I totally forgot about the bouceback offers!! I will have to check it out!!

We are doing AKL, BC then WL or may switch to the Poly at the end instead..I will definitely take advantage of the BB offer!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Thank-you!!! Yes, AKL is amazing! Its so breathtaking!

People say its dark, and it is, but its sooo warm and homey feeling..I am SO glad I didn't take this resort out of my 3!

We got upgraded to a bunk bed room, and boy oh boy were the boys excited!!

Thanks again for all your awesome help and info!

PS..we still have WL as our last resort, but I'm seriously considering switching to Poly while I still have a chance!
You're welcome . It is dark, but I agree that it does have a warm feeling and I love that the resort is out away from everything because I found it quiet and peaceful .

Congrats on the BB upgrade . Your boys will love them. We had a BB room at the WL when our DSs were younger and they loved them....plus there was no bed sharing, which was a plus.

As far as the WL....it's an awesome resort, but the Poly is heavenly . You will have a great time at WL, but if you have the chance to switch to the Poly, I don't think you would regret it. We love the WL, but our favorite is the Poly for many reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
I can now see why! I'm pretty sure I will be planning trip #2 when we get home!

We have 16 days here at the World, and have so many fun things planned!
Have fun planning your 2nd Disney trip. I usually start planning the next trip before we've left the one we're on .

Have a great time being in Disney for 16 days .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #11
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Right, Thank-you !! I totally forgot about the bouceback offers!! I will have to check it out!!

We are doing AKL, BC then WL or may switch to the Poly at the end instead..I will definitely take advantage of the BB offer!
Even if you are undecided, book the BB just in case as you can always cancel . One thing to keep in mind is if you book just one resort with the BB, you won't be able to divide that up to do a split later on if you decide to. If you think your next trip will be 2 or more resorts again, make sure you book the BBs that way. You can always modify (pending availability) or cancel later, but you can't make a split out of 1 resort under a BB once you've left Disney.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2minnies View Post
If your sure you are going again do a bounce back offer before you check out and save some money.

Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Right, Thank-you !! I totally forgot about the bouceback offers!! I will have to check it out!!

We are doing AKL, BC then WL or may switch to the Poly at the end instead..I will definitely take advantage of the BB offer!
If you are for SURE going back, and if you are thinking you might go back within the year ... and if you didn't buy APs yet, upgrade your Tickets to APs before you leave !!!! You only have to pay the difference in price between the tickets out bought and APs and as long as you return within the year, you wont need to buy tickets for the next trip !!! Good way to save some cash
__________________
2015 May Trip Cancelled - Maybe Christmas, Maybe 2016, Maybe.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #13
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,045

Also can you post a picture of your View and let us know what room number you are in ???

We are headed to Jambo in May 2014, and will likely have a pool view, very interested to see the different possible room views !!!
__________________
2015 May Trip Cancelled - Maybe Christmas, Maybe 2016, Maybe.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #14
CNYDisneyFan
DIS Veteran
 
CNYDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Liverpool, NY USA
Posts: 757

I hope you have a good time.
CNYDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #15
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Hello fellow diser's....

I've been planning our 1st family vacation to Disney World for over a year, and I can FINALLY say we are here!!

We got here yesterday morning at 8:45 am (from Toronto, Canada) and our 1st resort out of 3 is AKL!

Its gorgeous!! We have a pool view for 2 nights at Jambo House, and then move over to Kidani tom for 4 nights Savanna View.

We have reservations shortly for Boma, yum!!!

If anyone has any questions, fire away! I will do my best to respond back in a timely manner

Thanks to all the diser's that have helped me plan our 1st family vacation and make it so special!!! You guys rock!!
Flinker...how was breakfast at Boma? Was Boma crowded? Does the resort(in general) have many guests there?

Last edited by OnSpaceshipEarth; 10-13-2013 at 12:05 PM.
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.