Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
katie111
DIS Veteran

I would also vote for POP. We've stayed at deluxes, moderates, and values. Generally, if DH is coming, we stay somewhere nicer. If its just me & the kids, then we usually do a value. The kids & I are Disney nuts, and to us, the values just seem more Disney-ish. DH is more of a hotel snob and doesn't like to go commando like we do, so he likes to have nicer amenities at the resort. He also doesn't like the buses so he prefers somewhere we can walk to a couple of the parks. The kids and I like to feel fully immersed in Disney and somehow the Values just do that for us.

Ine other thing, is that the buses at the Values are no worse/better than the buses anywhere else. We had horrible bus service at WL (so many stops at other hotels) and fantastic service at values. We've also occasionally had extremely long lines at the values and great service at AKL. So its really a crapshoot. The worst check in service for us always seems to be at the moderates. The lines always seem to be so long & slow moving.
Off site 2008

Wilderness Lodge 2008
Caribbean Beach 2009

Off site 2010
POR 2010, Swan 2011
All Star Music/Movies 2012
Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2013
katie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacandjac View Post
We've stayed moderate and deluxe except for a quick trip in September 2012 just me and my DD. This quick trip we tried POP-not a fan! Though the resort was clean, we found the rooms to be really small, the food court chaotic and the bus service okay! Have you thought about moderate?
Same here. I think POP is an ok value for 2 people. The rooms are really small! When we opened the door, the bed was inches from us. I would price out POFQ before booking POP.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
scjo68
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at every level of resort and liked POP fine. We found it as quiet as any other resort. We actually found the grounds outside more attractive than we expected. Room was clean. Busses were good.

The room was small and very simple in design. But it was functional. I did miss having a coffeemaker. I brought my Keurig (I need coffee first thing!) and that was a production, but worked fine. We did not have a working fridge, but that was not really a POP issue- more of a WDW issue, and I'm sure by Feb. POP will have fridges. So no worries about that.

If you are cool with trying POP, I would stay there. OTOH, if you think you may worry about whether you will like it, just stick with a Deluxe.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #19
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Pop is great if you won't be using the room/resort amenities much. We really like it, have stayed there six or seven times. Only negative is the buses can get really crazy crowded sometimes, especially at the end of a park day. The atmosphere of the resort is awesome, though.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #20
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Question king size beds ?

From another Deluxe snob - we were thinking of Pop sans kids in mid-October of next year. Less busy time of the year, plus decent weather.

I was thinking of the 1950's section, top floor, away from the pool.

Could we get a king size bed and a regular bathroom with a tub -
Or are the king size bed room's have handicapped bathrooms?

And do the POP rooms now have mini-refrigerators ?

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #21
Poohsmommi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootch View Post
Thinking of adding 3 night(which translates to only two full park days) onto our 7 night Disney FAntasy cruise in Feb. The dates are early Feb, crowd level is low(3-4) on those days. 35% room only discount give me the Pop Century for $331.... or can go Wilderness Lodge for $863. I usually rent points but will have my sisterinlaw with me, so prefer two beds instead of the bed/pullout couch. I doubt we will swim.... so truly just somewhere to sleep(arrive Wed eve... rope drop park Thurs/Fri... leave for cruise Sat morning)..... so should I save the money and just try Pop Century or since we always go deluxe and I going to regret and wish I spent the extra $500. HOpe I am not coming across like a deluxe snob but hubby doesn't do disney with us(it is a girls bonus trip each year) so the deluxes have been easiest for me to get tired princesses back to the room each night since we typically end up at MK in the evenings. We will likely be going to MK one day and Epcot the second(may hop to DS as I have old nonexpiring tickets that I am using)..... but will start both days at ropedrop at those parks. Thanks.
I really didn't find that much of a difference between a deluxe and POR, but, IMO, there is a huge difference with the values. The sheets are scratchy and they just have that "motel" feel about them - all of them. Can you perhaps do a moderate? I'd rather stay at POR than the Wilderness Lodge - it's just too dark and small there.
Poohsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #22
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
I was thinking of the 1950's section, top floor, away from the pool.
50s building top upper floor lake view is great if you can get it. Here was our view earlier this month looking direct out our window:

We have requested 50s building for all six of our visits and received it 5/6 times. The other time they stuck us in the 90s building.

Sorry, don't know the answer to the king bed question.

Quote:

Thanks!
They're supposed to have fridges, but there was some safety issue with them so they all needed to be replaced. Not all rooms have the replacement fridges yet (ours did not), but I'm sure they will soon.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #23
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Could we get a king size bed and a regular bathroom with a tub -
Or are the king size bed room's have handicapped bathrooms?
Most of the kings are handicap accessible. Just not sure if it's all of them.

Quote:
I think Pop is still in the process of installing all the new fridges.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: