Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
kath2me
Mouseketeer

polynesian club or not ?

opionion,, what would u do,, this is just a husband and me trip, we are a older couple, husband not a big big disney fan ( like me ) , so I am really torn, between poly / garden club with reg dine 1 sit down, 1 counter / 1 snack or do a tokelau room with delux dining 3 meals/ 2 snacks , we both like sit down meals , as i use a scooter, but just still not sure,,
2008- PORS
2009 -PORS
2010 - CSR
2012- CR & AKL
2013-BC & WL
2014 WL
Kathy
kath2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
kath2me
Mouseketeer

sorry ( unlike me ) I am a big disney fan
2008- PORS
2009 -PORS
2010 - CSR
2012- CR & AKL
2013-BC & WL
2014 WL
Kathy
kath2me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Honestly, you should do what is most comfortable. If you enjoy sit-downs and having someone else schlep your plates (I know I do with 3 young kids!), I'd stay in a regular GV room and spring for leisurely meals. Especially since you won't be running from ride to ride with a DH who isn't super into the World I'd probably do a morning snack, early lunch, and a sig in the evening.

Sounds wonderful!
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

We recently stayed club level at Poly. I'm not sure that I'd do it again. It was not quite the experience I was hoping for. We've stayed club at GF, CR, and WL. All better experiences- very relaxing. At Poly club, it was very chaotic at the various "meal times". Food is set up in kind of a buffet line. Often it was difficult to find a seat. And noisy. Several times they ran out of food too. Early, like around 6pm early. Mostly the fruit, but several nights they were completely out of crackers to go with the cheese. Odd - how do you run out of crackers? Anyway, the view from the lounge is lovely. I just probably would not choose CL at Poly again.
buckeyecinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

You will get varied responses. We love it. Heading back in dec. give it a try if you think you may enjoy it. If you aren't a fan? You don't have to do it again you know?

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at the Poly both garden room, and club level. The club level experience cannot be explained in words except that it is truly magical. But if you are deciding between cutting back on sit down meals (which you like to do) to stay at club level then....... I don't know.

I'd probably go with regular garden view Poly room and book your sit down meals. There are great sit down places to eat. I'm surprising myself by not recommending club level, but based on your post, I think you'll enjoy those sit down meals too much to pass up. Have fun
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

The advantages to CL are the availability of the Itinerary Planning Office (IPO) to assist you in making your ADRs and other reservations (and the CL desk in the Hawaii longhouse) and the light food service offerings. The food service offerings are not intended to be "meals" but many people that stay there seem to think otherwise, which is why it is not uncommon for them to run out of some items and the lounge to be crowded and noisy. Since you basically pay $200 a night for CL (assuming you don't have a room discount) you have to decide if the service that CL offers is worth the cost for you.

We just did 7 nights CL in August because we could take advantage of a 40% room discount and we were traveling with two other couples that had never stayed at the Poly. And we were all on the Deluxe Dining Plan. For us cost was not a significant factor since all of us could easily afford it, but normally my wife and I do not stay CL because we do not use the CL food service for more than breakfast and the occasional snack.

We are going for a short stay in December and will stay in a standard view room with the Deluxe Dining Plan, again with a 40% room discount. We can easily eat breakfast at Captain Cooks for less than $120 a day.

We eat lunch at 1 TS credit restaurants and dinner at Signature restaurants. If your husband likes eating at the better restaurants you might find that doing this would make him more of a Disney fan.

So my recommendation to you is to book what will make you the happiest since a happy wife makes for a happier husband.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Babsy
DIS Veteran

That sure is a tough choice. I would go with the CL and lighter meals, but from what you said in your post, I get the feeling that you would prefer the full dining plan with 3 sit down meals and garden room in Tokelau.

Good luck! Whichever you choose, I'm sure that it will be great!
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
kapoof
DIS Veteran

I would club.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: