Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Mommoo
Earning My Ears

Newbee

Hi, this is my first thread, so if I do something wrong, please excuse me !! My family is going on a cruise in Jan. YAH!!! and I saw some where that you can ck in online and get your boarding # ahead of time. Is that for Platinum, gold Castaway members or can anyone do this? Also, I have seen some places where they say you can make spa appts ahead of time and other places say you have to do it after boarding. Any help with either question is appreciated. Thanks, and I'm really excited to be here !!!!
Mommoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommoo View Post
Hi, this is my first thread, so if I do something wrong, please excuse me !! My family is going on a cruise in Jan. YAH!!! and I saw some where that you can ck in online and get your boarding # ahead of time. Is that for Platinum, gold Castaway members or can anyone do this? Also, I have seen some places where they say you can make spa appts ahead of time and other places say you have to do it after boarding. Any help with either question is appreciated. Thanks, and I'm really excited to be here !!!!
All guests can do the online checkin when their excursion/checkin window opens. For first time cruisers this is 75 days out from the cruise.

Silver - 90 days out
Gold - 105 days out
Platinum & Concierge guests - 120 days out.

Part of the online checkin process is selecting a Port Arrival Time. In order for that page to "unlock" you must have completed all information on the preceding pages (be it default answers, correct information, gibberish). These are 15 minute windows beginning (for PC cruises) at 10:30 am - 10:30-10:45; 10:45-11:00, and so on. Your PAT is tied to the actual boarding number you will receive at checkin at the port - earlier PAT = lower boarding number, later PAT = higher boarding number.

Not sure what ship you are asking about the spa, but here's what DCL says:

Reservations for the Spa may be made online through the Planning Center or any time after 1:00 p.m. on the first day of your cruise. Appointment times fill up very quickly, so book your session as soon as possible. If appointments become full and unavailable, you may request placement on the waiting list. Salon services, however, may not be booked online and can only be arranged onboard, any time after 1:00 p.m. on the first day of your cruise.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...sta-spa-salon/

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Mommoo
Earning My Ears

Smile Newbee

Thanks so much PrincessShmoo !! Info very helpful. I'm sure i'll have more questions as the time draws nearer!
Mommoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
jkburns
Mouseketeer

What ship and what date? We are also sailing in January.....
Old 10-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommoo View Post
Thanks so much PrincessShmoo !! Info very helpful. I'm sure i'll have more questions as the time draws nearer!
Glad to help. Ask away!

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: