Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
Jessbaby
Mouseketeer

Which all star sports section?

I am having a hard time choosing. My boys are 7 , 5, 4, 4. They said they liked baseball but it just seems blah to me. I like football and the closeness of it to the food court and buses but there is something about basketball I like. Not sure if the distance is to much for the kids. Looking for recommendations.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
TrentzMom
Earning My Ears

Stayed in baseball in August and really enjoyed it with DD (9) and DS (13). Being close to the quiet pool was a plus for us...we left the parks around lunch and took a quick dip before heading back in early eveing. It was very convenient for us because we didn't have to load up towels, sunscreen, pool toys, etc. and walk to the Surf's Up pool everyday (we did go a few days but it was so busy I ended up taking the kids back to Home Run). Also, we were close to laundry facilities. However, having a teenager was a huge help because I felt comfortable sending him back and forth to fill resort mugs...and he enjoyed being away from mom and dad and acting like a grown-up. With smaller ones, you won't have that convenience.

Touchdown is a little closer, but if you are the backside of building 7 I don't think you really save many steps walking to the bus, food court, etc.

No matter which building you stay in, make sure you set aside time to walk around the resort. We had so much fun taking pictures with all the giant sized sports equipment.
**June 1996 - Contemporary***July 2005 - Off-Site****August 2009 - 10th Anniversary Trip with All the Family @ Saratoga Springs****August 2012 - 13th Anniversary Trip (just the 2 of us) @ All-Star Music****August 2013 - @ All-Star Sports** **December 2013 - Band Trip @ Saratoga Springs (The band stayed at ASMusic)*****August 2014 - 15th Anniversary Trip @ Dolphin******June 2015 - Youth Group Trip @ TBD***

TrentzMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
FancyNancy
Princess

I've stayed at Center Court and also in the Surfs Up sections. Really All Star Sports is so compact that any section you stay in is not that far from the food court. Your best bet if you do not want to pay for a preferred room is to stay in the Touchdown section or the Hoops section. They are both the next sections down from Surf's up. I would give Touchdown the edge though because it is between the Baseball section and the Surf's up section so it would be a short distance to either one of the pools!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: