Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
Soccer and Swim Mom
Stay at Home Mommy of 2
 
Soccer and Swim Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 128

Ohana dinner. ..what to do before.

We have a 9 pm Ohana reservation. It is on the night of a Christmas party and Magic Kingdom closes at 7. Are there any activities / things we can do at the Polynesian prior to our late dinner?
__________________
Soccer and Swim Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Donna in NJ
Mouseketeer
 
Donna in NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 152

Since Polynesian is on the Monorail line you could ride to the other 2 resorts and look at the Christmas decorations.
Donna in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Nuts4Dale
Earning My Ears
 
Nuts4Dale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 58

I agree with Donna. The gingerbread house inside the lobby of the Grand Floridian is definitely worth your time.
Nuts4Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran
 
figment_jii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,858

I concur....it's a great chance to look at the decorations at the GF and CR. Both have gingerbread showpieces. You could also take the ferry to WL or FW and check out the holiday decorations at those resorts.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance
 
willowsnn3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaLa lAnd
Posts: 30,015

You could visit the Wedding Chapel on the Grand Floridian grounds and then walk over to Poly. The lobby of the Poly is really nice and there is a lot of nice artwork hanging to look at. Or get a Lapu Lapu at the bar, lol.
__________________
Susan

Book Challenge Goal 60/72




willowsnn3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #6
Disneyaddictz
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyaddictz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 539

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
I concur....it's a great chance to look at the decorations at the GF and CR. Both have gingerbread showpieces. You could also take the ferry to WL or FW and check out the holiday decorations at those resorts.
FW for sure, best decorations! If your up for walking or even renting some bikes!
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/95a64agsr0qdg9x5.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>

<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/se588u4s7y1d3nmf.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Disneyaddictz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
DMCastner
Earning My Ears
 
DMCastner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 58

Just because the park officially closes at 7PM doesn't mean you have to be out of the gate by that time. If you can, I would hang back, shop on Main Street and just soak in an emptying park. Since it will be Christmas time you can get some really beautiful pictures with no crowds if you hang back a bit. One of our favorite shots at park closing is lying down/standing on Main St. with the castle in the background and absolutely NO ONE else in your shot!
__________________
Disneyland PAP 2008 to present ~ DVC member since 2010 (GCH) ~ CSR 9/2005 (Contracted performer) ~ WLV 6/2011 (Honeymoon) ~ BWV 1/2012 (28th birthday) ~ BCV 1/2014 (30th birthday)
DMCastner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in NJ View Post
Since Polynesian is on the Monorail line you could ride to the other 2 resorts and look at the Christmas decorations.
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
figment_jii
DIS Veteran
 
figment_jii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCastner View Post
Just because the park officially closes at 7PM doesn't mean you have to be out of the gate by that time. If you can, I would hang back, shop on Main Street and just soak in an emptying park. Since it will be Christmas time you can get some really beautiful pictures with no crowds if you hang back a bit. One of our favorite shots at park closing is lying down/standing on Main St. with the castle in the background and absolutely NO ONE else in your shot!
Just to clarify, the park isn't actually closing/emptying at 7:00 pm. The OP was asking about a MVMCP date. When there is a MVMCP scheduled, the park closes at 7:00 pm to non-party guests, but anyone with the MVMCP ticket will still be allowed into or to remain in the park. They'll be checking for wristbands at the entrance to shops, rides, and eateries. If memory serves, even the shop on Main Street are 'closed' to non-party guests at 7:00 pm. So, the park won't be emptying and the OP really won't be able to do much once 7:00 pm rolls around.

To the OP, I thought about it a little more, and I think i would concentrate on the monorail resorts. You only have about 90 minutes (assuming it takes about 15 minutes to get out MK and you plan to check into your ADR about 15 minutes early). That plenty of time to take a look at the GF and CR using the monorail. It's a little tight if you wanted to go check out FW and/or WL. Especially FW which either involves walking or waiting for the internal bus. I'd schedule WL and FW for a different day, when you have more time and/or less of a time constraint.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
marielynn724
DIS Veteran
 
marielynn724's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 950

I agree with previous posters - do a loop on the monorail and walk around the lobbies of the GF and CR and take a look at their (awesome) Christmas decorations!
__________________
July 1992 - Caribbean Beach
Summer 1995 - offsite
November 2003 - Port Orleans Riverside
May 2007 - Disneyland Paris
October 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2010 - Grand Floridian Honeymoon
August 2012 - Coronado Springs
September 2014 - Coronado Springs


<a href="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/"><img src="http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/d3lnbsk0lqq18dor.png" alt="www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
marielynn724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
DMCastner
Earning My Ears
 
DMCastner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
Just to clarify, the park isn't actually closing/emptying at 7:00 pm. The OP was asking about a MVMCP date. When there is a MVMCP scheduled, the park closes at 7:00 pm to non-party guests, but anyone with the MVMCP ticket will still be allowed into or to remain in the park. They'll be checking for wristbands at the entrance to shops, rides, and eateries. If memory serves, even the shop on Main Street are 'closed' to non-party guests at 7:00 pm. So, the park won't be emptying and the OP really won't be able to do much once 7:00 pm rolls around.
Thank you for clarifying! Now back to the corner I go!
__________________
Disneyland PAP 2008 to present ~ DVC member since 2010 (GCH) ~ CSR 9/2005 (Contracted performer) ~ WLV 6/2011 (Honeymoon) ~ BWV 1/2012 (28th birthday) ~ BCV 1/2014 (30th birthday)
DMCastner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.