Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
momto3jboys
Earning My Ears

Kidani Village DVC rental or pop?

We currently have a reservation for pop century for 4/3 - 4/12 but now I'm second guessing myself. For a couple hundred dollars more I could rent DVC points and stay at Kidani village. Anyone stay there and hated it? Thanks for any opinions!
momto3jboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3jboys View Post
We currently have a reservation for pop century for 4/3 - 4/12 but now I'm second guessing myself. For a couple hundred dollars more I could rent DVC points and stay at Kidani village. Anyone stay there and hated it? Thanks for any opinions!
We love Kidani and almost always rent DVC points for our stays. However, are you sure there is till availability for those dates? That seems really close to book such a busy time.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Have stayed at Kidani in the past and loved ever minute of it. Have also stayed at pop in the past as well. If I had to choose between the two I go with Kidani every time hand down!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
momto3jboys
Earning My Ears

"We love Kidani and almost always rent DVC points for our stays. However, are you sure there is till availability for those dates? That seems really close to book such a busy time."

Yes, I just received a quote from the dvc rental store.

Thanks for your input!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
morethananyonex
DIS Veteran

For a couple hundred dollars difference I wouldn't have come here to ask. Do it, do it!

(As long as you're cool with the differences between renting DVC points and a cash reservation with Disney.)
morethananyonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #6
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3jboys View Post
"We love Kidani and almost always rent DVC points for our stays. However, are you sure there is till availability for those dates? That seems really close to book such a busy time." Yes, I just received a quote from the dvc rental store. Thanks for your input!
Then yes, absolutely do it! Kidani is a great resort that is very relaxing, which you might need after the hectic park days!

Eta: the only negative I can think of is the lack of quick service options. It didn't bother us as we usually order groceries from Garden Grocer and didn't mind walking over to the Mara if needed. In fact, we would walk over, eat, and take a dip in the pool at Jambo!

Last edited by jimandami; 01-31-2014 at 03:29 PM.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

We're DVC owners, so of course we love Kidani. But the previous poster is right about quick service options. Especially when our children were very young, it was nice to have fast food readily available.

I'm guessing the rental at Kidani is a studio. So you'd have a small fridge and microwave, which would be helpful. After a day at the parks, although I've not stayed at Pop, I'd bet Kidani is more peaceful, with the view of the savannah and animals. If you can deal with going to Jambo House for counter service options, I'd recommend Kidani over Pop.
kirstenb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #8
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran

Kidani hands down but be prepared once you stay there and rent points, you will never look back....we always rent points now.
mrsp1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #9
Ali
DIS Veteran

I love Animal Kingdom Lodge and would choose Jambo house over just about anything value or moderate or DVC but I won't stay at Kidani again. It doesn't work for my family to have to walk or take a van to get fast food. It doesn't work to be hungry when you get back from the parks after closing but have to go to another building to get food. They are selling some quick service breakfast foods in the lobby store now.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 PM   #10
dizzyinwdw
Mouseketeer

We loved AKL last year and are very excited to be at AKV during that same timeframe! I concur-- do it! No brainier
dizzyinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
GrumpyBelle
DIS Veteran

Kidani is our favorite! And for minimal difference, it is worth it.

8/2006 ASMu/3 night DCL, 8/2007 CBR/4 night DCL, 8/2008 WL, 8/2009 SSR, 3/2010 AKV-Kidani, 8/2010 BWV/5 night DCL, 4/2011 AKV-Jambo/Kidani, 8/2011 DCL Alaskan, 8/2012 AKV-Kidani, 2/2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean/Puerto Rico, 8/2013 CSR, 11/2013 Celtic Thunder Cruise--Western Caribbean--Carnival Victory, 2/2014 AKV-Kidani
GrumpyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
momto3jboys
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your thoughts! We will have a rental car since my son has issues with food and doesn't do well with food from places that he's not familiar with. We have always rented a house so I can cook, so this will be my first "real" vacation since he was born. So excited to finally stay on property!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: