Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #721
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post
Must...Go....To....Bed.... FP+ is killing me. I don't know what to pick, Im having a hard time making sure nothing conflicts with dining or parades and entertainment. Would any of you lovely people who just came back and are itching to plan like to make my FP selections! LOL. Just kidding.... kinda......
I had to redo so much of our itinerary. I finally gave up. Whatever we get we get. Lol.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #722
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Sad Going home tomorrow But my feet are happy we're leaving....lol
Bright side.....735 more days until our next Disney trip!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #723
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I still have tonight and tomorrow night before I leave. The heat has been dragging me down more than my tired feet this trip. I think it supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow so I may not gag to do much. I have planned on AK tomorrow and maybe a taste of Epcot. I'm on a split stay with my last night a room only I keep forgetting that I need to use up my meal credits by end if tomorrow.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 11-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #724
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
I had to redo so much of our itinerary. I finally gave up. Whatever we get we get. Lol.
Im glad Im not the only one. I have changed them a million times.

My biggest "what if" is that I don't know if we will take afternoon breaks. Our prior 2 trips, we only had 1 DD, and we tried the mid day break, but it never worked. With out fail, the bus ride back would give her a second wind, we'd spend an hour + trying to get her to nap, then finally giving up and going back out.

I know that strategically, setting FP+ for afternoons when wait times are the longest makes the most sense, but I don't know if we will be in the parks during those times. I guess we will hafta wait and see!!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #725
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I'm traveling solo but I ended up changing just about every one of my FP+s after I got here. I am never a rope dropper but I even had trouble getting out of the room by 11am or noon this trip. I have enjoyed sleeping late and staying in park until midnight! I even changed which park I was going to altogether once or twice and rebooked dining plans accordingly using the MDE app.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 11-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #726
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968
I still have tonight and tomorrow night before I leave. The heat has been dragging me down more than my tired feet this trip. I think it supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow so I may not gag to do much. I have planned on AK tomorrow and maybe a taste of Epcot. I'm on a split stay with my last night a room only I keep forgetting that I need to use up my meal credits by end if tomorrow.
I've loved the weather.....my feet are screaming though lol We finished up our meal plan tonight. We used up most of our snack credits at epcot for the f&w festival.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #727
Amy1118
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Hey guys,

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to those who have showed their support for me and my family. This was so sudden...so tragic and we are so heartbroken. The only good thing I am taking away from this is that he went ever so peacefully. We had no warning signs. He did his normal routine the night before (2 mile walk, laundry, made his lunch for the next day, and laid his clothes out). I had no idea that when we said goodnight it would be the last time we'd speak.

We talked about our trip and what we were going to do...he couldn't wait to surprise Ethan and try and coax him to do Jedi Training Academy (he declared "OH, he WILL do it!"). We talked about going to DTD for the first time and going to Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express. We were just so excited to go and he really was ready for a vacation.

We truly covet your prayers. I just don't know where this road is going to take us but I despise it all right now. I'm trying to trust in the Lord. I know Dillon didn't suffer and he went the way I think we'd all love to go. It's just so sad that it happened so young. He was just 39.

We are numb but we are making it. DS went to school and we are doing the Halloween thing, just like we'd planned. Dillon's service is Monday. We will have visitation Sunday and I just dread it all. He has soccer on Saturday and a bday party to go to so we are allowing for that so he can have as much normal as possible.

Thank you all so much.

Amy
Amy, I could hardly believe it when I read the news. I can't even begin to imagine how devastated you must feel right now. Of course you, Evan and all your family will be in my prayers. Even though I haven't posted much, I've followed along and enjoyed your excitement for this trip. God be with you and give you strength and courage as you face the days ahead. I know He will.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #728
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Hey guys,

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to those who have showed their support for me and my family. This was so sudden...so tragic and we are so heartbroken. The only good thing I am taking away from this is that he went ever so peacefully. We had no warning signs. He did his normal routine the night before (2 mile walk, laundry, made his lunch for the next day, and laid his clothes out). I had no idea that when we said goodnight it would be the last time we'd speak.

We talked about our trip and what we were going to do...he couldn't wait to surprise Ethan and try and coax him to do Jedi Training Academy (he declared "OH, he WILL do it!"). We talked about going to DTD for the first time and going to Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express. We were just so excited to go and he really was ready for a vacation.

We truly covet your prayers. I just don't know where this road is going to take us but I despise it all right now. I'm trying to trust in the Lord. I know Dillon didn't suffer and he went the way I think we'd all love to go. It's just so sad that it happened so young. He was just 39.

We are numb but we are making it. DS went to school and we are doing the Halloween thing, just like we'd planned. Dillon's service is Monday. We will have visitation Sunday and I just dread it all. He has soccer on Saturday and a bday party to go to so we are allowing for that so he can have as much normal as possible.

Thank you all so much.

Amy
[QUOTE="Amy1118;49981230"]

You have been in my thoughts and prayers every day. Praying for you and your son to pull through this terrible situation. If you can still take that vacation with your son I have much respect for you. That take courage and in sure it would be what your husband would have wanted. Peace and lov to you
Old 11-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #729
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

I'm here!!

Spent two great days at Universal, then checked in to Pop yesterday. The MNSSHP was great last night, but soooo muggy. However, be careful what you ask for - it's raining today.
For those keeping track: (1) I was given a KTTW without asking when I checked in, (2) even though the CM's (more than one) at Pop told me in no uncertain terms that I could not get my tickets taken off my magic band so I could use my AP and use the tickets on another visit, Guest Relations at the MK had no problem doing it, and (3) it's a total pain if you have the Premier AP (for both CA and FL). You can't put them on the magic band, the turnstile people have no idea what to do with you, and you can't use the FP kiosks - a CM has to do your FP's for you.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #730
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Wait that's my post he did the name Amy get there lol oh well
Old 11-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #731
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

WOW! Not good and seems like a crazy time to do this, but anyone going to Epcot between now and through December, might want to check this out. Disney limiting FP+ selections!
http://kennythepirate.com/2013/11/01...astpass-usage/

If you have them selected, sounds like do NOT change them, or you could only end up with one!!!!

Old 11-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #732
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Sad Going home tomorrow But my feet are happy we're leaving....lol
Bright side.....735 more days until our next Disney trip!!
I only did three park days and my feet were a bit sore as well.

My next trip is just over 4 months. Doing another three park day trip. Five is my favorite length, the two trips I did over 5 my feet were miserable.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #733
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

I'm still here. Sometimes feeling like I'm gonna snap in half but hanging in there.

Also to Amy, I was so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope a Disney vacation will offer you a bit of comfort during a hard time. The first time I want back after losing my dad, it was hard because that was our place. But now I feel closest to him whenever I'm there. Disney has a certain healing quality about it and I hope you're able to find some while you're there.

All the best guys.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 11-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #734
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
We finished up our meal plan tonight. We used up most of our snack credits at epcot for the f&w festival.
We actually ended up almost perfect.

We had two breakfasts at the resort (first morning and last morning) and used one CS and then one OOP item for each. (I can't or don't eat most breakfast items so she got a platter and I got biscuits and gravy and we split them up)

Snacks were all used for lunch and dinner on Monday at F&W festival (a few of the cheaper items were paid with a Rewards card.)

BOG lunch and EoS dinner meals.

Two signature TS so used all 4 over two nights.

Used two cs on Tuesday night to buy EoS to pack up in a small thermal bag as a airplane meal. (got them undressed and a bags of chips as side)

We did buy a few snacks and some take home food items oop.

The biggest waste we had were the mugs. Mom does drink diet coke but mostly drank coffee and water and then a few sodas at meals away from the resort. I mostly drink water, but did have a one soda and one lemonade at the food court. Totally wouldn't buy one.

I was really worried we wouldn't use all the credits, but with a little planning it worked out with very very little out of pocket.

I would not buy the dinning plan but might look at it if I was going during free dining again. I briefly thought about buying a S/P/D package but I'd have to eat 150 dollars worth of food over 4 days. I know from prior trips that even with a TS I won't eat that much. So I'll use room only discount in March and pay OOP for food. (I will have 175 dollars on gift cards from work incentives to offset either the room or my food so I won't be using QSP. However I will miss the ease of using my MB to get a meal, maybe I'll just use the cards towards room charging so that I can use MB.

Last edited by bookgirl; 11-02-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #735
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
WOW! Not good and seems like a crazy time to do this, but anyone going to Epcot between now and through December, might want to check this out. Disney limiting FP+ selections!
http://kennythepirate.com/2013/11/01...astpass-usage/

If you have them selected, sounds like do NOT change them, or you could only end up with one!!!!
I already have illuminations and soaring I'm not gonna mess with it. Thanks for the heads up

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: