Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #3721
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
It was just posted on the Disney Parks Blog this afternoon that the additional FPs including park hopping will begin next week. Does not specify exactly which day it starts.
It starts Monday April 28th as per WDWmagic

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 04-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #3722
mb3bm8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydaisy00 View Post
We enjoyed the Garden Grill and would love to eat there again....However DH didn't do so well with the rotating and it's not even very noticeable! The rest of our family did well and we are the ones who usually get motion sick. We loved the salads and riding Living with the land before dinner made it even better! Cape May is also a great place to eat if you are a fan of seafood. Never went to Crystal Palace and would like to know what people think of the food we are looking for dining at MK without a long wait and great reviews.

We have eaten at crystal palace 4 times and I hated it every time . The only reason we went was for the location and Winnie the Pooh because have gone with different grand kids who have wanted to see them. The food is not good and it's noisy and the set up of the resteraunt makes everyone squished together characters take forever to get to table . I love disney and character meals but not this place
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #3723
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb3bm8 View Post
We have eaten at crystal palace 4 times and I hated it every time . The only reason we went was for the location and Winnie the Pooh because have gone with different grand kids who have wanted to see them. The food is not good and it's noisy and the set up of the resteraunt makes everyone squished together characters take forever to get to table . I love disney and character meals but not this place
I have to agree. In our 4 times we have visited CP, it has gone downhill each time. I won't say that we hate it, but it is definitely a big dislike and we won't be back.
The first time we went was in 2004 for dinner and we loved it. Our next visit was in 2007 since Pooh & Eeyore are my DGD favorite characters, it was ok, nothing fantastic (I did like the Pooh's French toast).
I hesitated to go again, but we tried it again for dinner in 2009 since my DGD wanted to go and I remembered our dinner in 2004 and boy oh boy, how I wished we wouldn't have. It had gone down hill and was not good at all. Basic buffet food and nothing at all that stood out. The characters were so rushed and the some never got to our table, even after and hour of us being there. I chalked it up to just having a bad night so we tried it again in 2011 and I can say, we have now scratched it off our list of dining places at Disney. IMHO A much better choice for a character meal is Tusker House breakfast. The food is delicious and the characters are wonderful, even doing a conga musical instrument line with all the kids in the restaurant.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #3724
donp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
I have to agree. In our 4 times we have visited CP, it has gone downhill each time. I won't say that we hate it, but it is definitely a big dislike and we won't be back. The first time we went was in 2004 for dinner and we loved it. Our next visit was in 2007 since Pooh & Eeyore are my DGD favorite characters, it was ok, nothing fantastic (I did like the Pooh's French toast). I hesitated to go again, but we tried it again for dinner in 2009 since my DGD wanted to go and I remembered our dinner in 2004 and boy oh boy, how I wished we wouldn't have. It had gone down hill and was not good at all. Basic buffet food and nothing at all that stood out. The characters were so rushed and the some never got to our table, even after and hour of us being there. I chalked it up to just having a bad night so we tried it again in 2011 and I can say, we have now scratched it off our list of dining places at Disney. IMHO A much better choice for a character meal is Tusker House breakfast. The food is delicious and the characters are wonderful, even doing a conga musical instrument line with all the kids in the restaurant.
We are in the same boat. We have now switched to Boma. No characters, but all the family loves it! I was surprised by my kids liking it so much.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #3725
itsjustryan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have to agree. In our 4 times we have visited CP, it has gone downhill each time. I won't say that we hate it, but it is definitely a big dislike and we won't be back.
The first time we went was in 2004 for dinner and we loved it. Our next visit was in 2007 since Pooh & Eeyore are my DGD favorite characters, it was ok, nothing fantastic (I did like the Pooh's French toast).
I hesitated to go again, but we tried it again for dinner in 2009 since my DGD wanted to go and I remembered our dinner in 2004 and boy oh boy, how I wished we wouldn't have. It had gone down hill and was not good at all. Basic buffet food and nothing at all that stood out. The characters were so rushed and the some never got to our table, even after and hour of us being there. I chalked it up to just having a bad night so we tried it again in 2011 and I can say, we have now scratched it off our list of dining places at Disney. IMHO A much better choice for a character meal is Tusker House breakfast. The food is delicious and the characters are wonderful, even doing a conga musical instrument line with all the kids in the restaurant.
I very much trust your opinion but i hope hope hope things have changed. Our 3 boys are all Winnie the Pooh fans. One loves Eeyore, one loves Tigger, and one loves Pooh. I guess even if the food is not the best I think they will love just seeing the characters. Plus that is on day one so think the rest of our ADR's will make up for it, especially Chef Mickeys the Morning we leave. I still remember Chef Mickeys from my first trip when I was four, almost 30 years ago!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #3726
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustryan View Post
I very much trust your opinion but i hope hope hope things have changed. Our 3 boys are all Winnie the Pooh fans. One loves Eeyore, one loves Tigger, and one loves Pooh. I guess even if the food is not the best I think they will love just seeing the characters. Plus that is on day one so think the rest of our ADR's will make up for it, especially Chef Mickeys the Morning we leave. I still remember Chef Mickeys from my first trip when I was four, almost 30 years ago!
I think everyone's tastes and experiences differ. CP is a must do for breakfast every time for us & we have never been disappointed. It's our favourite. We have only done breakfast so I can't say what lunch/dinner is like but I always suggest people try places at least once to make their own opinion.

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 04-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #3727
donp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, they will love it! No worries. My kids still enjoyed the character part, and every time we went, every character came to the table, and we never felt rushed. We just felt the food left a little to be desired over the past couple years.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #3728
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

See, I had a TOTALLY opposite experience in regards to Tusker House and Crystal Palace. We found TH to be noisy and and crowded and we felt like we were crammed into a small room and were basically eating with the table next to us. The characters didn't do much for us there either. The food was o.k., but we enjoyed our Boma breakfast SO much more! LOVE Boma! CP on the other hand, while the food wasn't the best, had wonderful atmosphere, even at night. We had a perfect view of the castle. The characters spent so much time with us and even got my ASD son interacting with characters (and marching in the parade!) for the very first time!
It really must just depend on when you go. I say go with whichever one the kids will like best. They are usually less picky than the rest of us anyway, at least in my family anyway. : ) I'm usually the pickiest....

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars

Last edited by CaraMiaBelle; 04-26-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #3729
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Please, please, please do not let my post change your mind.
Everyday can be different at every restaurant! If your kids LOVE the Pooh family, definitely go! I would go again if my grandkids wanted to go again to see Pooh and friends! It is all about the kids
CM is another place that we did not have a good experience with and crossed off our list but both CP and CM are 2 very, very popular places. And tons of our Disboard friends have fabulous experiences at both of these restaraunts.
Sci-Fi, Ohana and Tusker House breakfast are our 3 MUST go to places every trip and there are a lot of my disboard friends that have sworn off one or more of our 3 favorites.
Come back and report how much you loved it and maybe I will change my mind and give it another try
Old 04-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #3730
mandis77
Mouseketeer

I didn't care for CP food last year... but my kids loved the characters. My favorite character bfast is Chef Mickey's. We are giving O'hana bfast a try this year so we can see Stitch.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #3731
bdillahu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We've been a couple of times over the last three years and it's been good. Food was probably better the first time, but that may have just been me vs what was out on the buffet that day.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #3732
practicallyperfect77
DIS Veteran

I have a question on tix and not sure where to post. I know in order to take advantage of FD you must purchase a package. If I purchased a package for 4 nights but then was going to be off site for 3 nights, am I able to upgrade the tix to 7 days once I get there? I know it's much cheaper to have one 7 day ticket instead of 1 4 and 1 3 day.

ETA: I know you can upgrade regular tickets but not sure when it's part of a package.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #3733
mcwheelee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicallyperfect77 View Post
I have a question on tix and not sure where to post. I know in order to take advantage of FD you must purchase a package. If I purchased a package for 4 nights but then was going to be off site for 3 nights, am I able to upgrade the tix to 7 days once I get there? I know it's much cheaper to have one 7 day ticket instead of 1 4 and 1 3 day. ETA: I know you can upgrade regular tickets but not sure when it's part of a package.
You should be able to get the 7 day tickets when you book your package. Just change the number of days when you get to the ticket screen before you book. Everyone in the room just has to have the same. If you want to wait, you change them individually at guest relations once you arrive and that way they can be different if some of you want specific add ons such as water parks, hoppers, or extra days.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #3734
donp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwheelee View Post
You should be able to get the 7 day tickets when you book your package. Just change the number of days when you get to the ticket screen before you book. Everyone in the room just has to have the same. If you want to wait, you change them individually at guest relations once you arrive and that way they can be different if some of you want specific add ons such as water parks, hoppers, or extra days.
Do you know how much it is to add water park option at front desk? More than online when booking package?

Old 04-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #3735
practicallyperfect77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwheelee

Ohh....didn't realize I could do it that way. Figured if I bought the package tix had to be the number of nights staying in the hotel.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: