Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #2356
totebagg
Mouseketeer

We are heading back for our second trip this September (1st trip ever was last October) and I am so excited!!!! We are going that last week of September into October and I have a couple of questions for the experts on here. I just noticed that the week we will be there is the Twilight Tower of Terror 10miler that last weekend we are there - does anyone know if this causes large crowds at the other parks? I know I would need to avoid HS that weekend. We are driving so I have the option of changing to the week prior. Appreciate any thoughts on this!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #2357
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Nope. Won't work. You very literally buy 'days' of tickets. If you tried to hop and use a separate day of tickets it would block you out since you've already been in a different park that day.

Everyone would do that instead of buying a hopper if they allowed it.
UGH, that stinks. But thank you for having the answer to my question.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #2358
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if the $200 deposit is per reservation or per room? I'll be booking for my fam this time and we'll have a few rooms, and I need to be prepared for the deposit. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #2359
gypsymoon
Debt free Disney addict

It is per room.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #2360
Kat016
DIS Veteran

What are the perks to linking reservations? My brother and niece are going with us next year.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #2361
jcyoung
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
What are the perks to linking reservations? My brother and niece are going with us next year.
They will see them as linked in the system and try to place your rooms near each other.

Me DH DD(7) DS(6) DS(4)
Old 03-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #2362
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
So a couple of things for this Friday morning.

First, the next round of discounts "MAY" be coming soon, in what's looking like either March 13 or 17. Should be some room discounts and hopefully more....but unclear at the moment on how far out they will go.

Second, I just realized that we've never really done a round robin in here. That could be a fun way to kill some time. Introduce yourself. Married? Kids? How did you first become a Disney fanatic? What do you do for a living? Things like that....

Does that sound like fun?
I'm a little late to the party, but my excuse is that I was at DL!! If anyone else here is a DisDiva, I was on their annual trip and we stayed at Grand California, which was a blast. Even though it POURED for our entire trip.

I don't post very often, but I'm an avid reader. I'm single, no kids, retired from a career with local government, 52. I live in Northern California, Humboldt County to be specific. We are on the coast, and have a San Francisco-like climate - our highs in the summer don't get much above low 70's, and it rains quite a bit. I get to WDW about once a year lately, but it's hard for me to plan the way I want to because the rest of my family aren't advance planners and I enjoy going with them. My brother sprung a surprise last minute cruise on me recently, so that's my next trip!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #2363
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyoung

They will see them as linked in the system and try to place your rooms near each other.
Would they do that even if our reservations weren't linked and i requested it over the phone with a CM?
Old 03-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #2364
jcyoung
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Would they do that even if our reservations weren't linked and i requested it over the phone with a CM?
I don't know. When I called to request close rooms, they linked our reservations.

Honestly, though, the CM on the phone just told me that linking them gave a message to the CM's at the hotel that we were all part of the same party. It didn't do anything else that I saw. The reservations were separate, our Magic Bands only worked on our room door, our room account, our dining plan, our fastpass+, etc.

Me DH DD(7) DS(6) DS(4)
Old 03-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #2365
Lollicollins
Mouseketeer

Anyone heard more about this promo in mid march? Will it be pins or a general public one?

Me Hubs ODD (4)
DS (3) YDD(1)

Old 03-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #2366
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollicollins View Post
Anyone heard more about this promo in mid march? Will it be pins or a general public one?
No, which is yet another reason I took pause. The current promo runs through the end of March...which is the other reason I took pause.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 03-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #2367
Lollicollins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
No, which is yet another reason I took pause. The current promo runs through the end of March...which is the other reason I took pause.
Yeah seems like an weird date. Guess only time will tell

Me Hubs ODD (4)
DS (3) YDD(1)

Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #2368
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyoung

I don't know. When I called to request close rooms, they linked our reservations.

Honestly, though, the CM on the phone just told me that linking them gave a message to the CM's at the hotel that we were all part of the same party. It didn't do anything else that I saw. The reservations were separate, our Magic Bands only worked on our room door, our room account, our dining plan, our fastpass+, etc.
I know we're both getting the memory maker...I didnt want them linked. We arent doing any character meals where our ADRs needed to be linked. I didnt know if it would link our FPs. Thatd be helpful. And I didnt want our credit cards linked either. If its just telling POP that we're together, I may just call and ask to have adjoining rooms and see if they'll do it.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #2369
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Make sure you request rooms nearby!!! On our trip our reservations were all linked, AND we requested rooms nearby. When we got there, they claimed we only linked them and didn't request them nearby. They said, "They do not put people in rooms nearby unless it is specifically requested." In my opinion, they just messed up and didn't want to admit it, but just in case I would specifically request rooms nearby.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #2370
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend

Make sure you request rooms nearby!!! On our trip our reservations were all linked, AND we requested rooms nearby. When we got there, they claimed we only linked them and didn't request them nearby. They said, "They do not put people in rooms nearby unless it is specifically requested." In my opinion, they just messed up and didn't want to admit it, but just in case I would specifically request rooms nearby.
I will do that....thank you!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: