Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #2341
GigiDisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyoung

My understanding is that if you upgrade, they upgrade the entire length of stay. Even if you do it on the last two days, they will charge you the cost for the entire number of days. You may want to double check, but I had this same plan last year, and that was what I found.
This is true. It doesn't matter if you have 2 days on your ticket or 10. The park hopping fee is the same. I think it is $60.

Me, DD(21), DD(15), DGD(2)

Feb. 1987, 1988, and 1990 offsite; July 1992 offsite; Aug 1994 offsite; Oct 1996 Poly and POR(bayou); Sept. 1997 ASMu; Nov. 1998 CBR; May 2002 AKL; Dec. 2004 & 2005 POR(mansions), Mar. 2009 CSR, Mar. 2013 YC,
Old 03-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #2342
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyoung View Post
My understanding is that if you upgrade, they upgrade the entire length of stay. Even if you do it on the last two days, they will charge you the cost for the entire number of days. You may want to double check, but I had this same plan last year, and that was what I found.
You are correct. See my post above.

ETA: Sorry...see my post a few up from yours on the previous page.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #2343
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

You are correct. See my post above.

ETA: Sorry...see my post a few up from yours on the previous page.
So....if I upgrade our last day or 2 of base tickets to PH, ill have to pay for all 6 of my base tickets?? Im confused. I thought I read somewhere that you can just upgrade however many days you have left.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #2344
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Another question....my brother and niece are going with us next year. We were going to stay at AOA but now we're staying at POP again. How would I go about linking our reservations? Ill be doing all the planning. And if one of us were to miraculously receive a PIN, we would all be able to take advantage because we'll be linked, right? Im also going to request connecting rooms.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #2345
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
So....if I upgrade our last day or 2 of base tickets to PH, ill have to pay for all 6 of my base tickets?? Im confused. I thought I read somewhere that you can just upgrade however many days you have left.
Park Hopper is the same price whether you get a 1 day base,6 day base, or 10 day base. If you wait till the end of your trip and pay the flat fee then you will only enjoy hopping on the days you have left. If your gonna pay for hopping then upgrade on your first day in the park, then you will have it if you want. We always just do it as we exit the park that way we don't use time upgrading that we could be riding.

If your asking if you have to upgrade base tickets for eveyone in your party then no. You could just upgrade your ticket, some of your tickets, or base tickets for everyone in your party. Each person would pay the flat fee to upgrade each ticket.

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #2346
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The hopper is the same price no matter when you add it. If you have a 10 day ticket, adding the hopper will cost the exact same amount whether you add it at the beginning of your stay or the end, no matter how many days are left on your ticket. If you are certain you will need it, add it early on in your trip for maximum usage.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #2347
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
Park Hopper is the same price whether you get a 1 day base,6 day base, or 10 day base. If you wait till the end of your trip and pay the flat fee then you will only enjoy hopping on the days you have left. If your gonna pay for hopping then upgrade on your first day in the park, then you will have it if you want. We always just do it as we exit the park that way we don't use time upgrading that we could be riding.
Adding the hopper option to a 1 day base ticket is significantly cheaper than adding the hopper to a ticket of 2-10 days.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #2348
jcyoung
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Another question....my brother and niece are going with us next year. We were going to stay at AOA but now we're staying at POP again. How would I go about linking our reservations? Ill be doing all the planning. And if one of us were to miraculously receive a PIN, we would all be able to take advantage because we'll be linked, right? Im also going to request connecting rooms.
When I have linked reservations, I just call and ask them to link them. You will need to know the name, address, and phone number of the lead person on the other reservation. I also always have the other reservation confirmation number, but I don't know if you need it or not. At the end, they give you a "travel with" number that you can refer to when you call that shows the linked reservations.

The PIN numbers are supposed to work for up to three linked rooms. I haven't tried that yet...still hoping to get one this year!

Me DH DD(7) DS(6) DS(4)
Old 03-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #2349
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Adding the hopper option to a 1 day base ticket is significantly cheaper than adding the hopper to a ticket of 2-10 days.
Your right and I knew that change had been made, its a Monday and boy it was dark this morning when I got up, hahahaha.

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #2350
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
Your right and I knew that, its a Monday and boy it was dark this morning when I got up, hahahaha.

I can relate. DD got confused with the time change and accidentally set her iPad alarm for 6:45 instead of 7:45. DS came in my room to tell me I needed to go tell her to turn her music down. I told him to go turn it off and go back to sleep. I was not getting up to do it.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #2351
luvmylatte
Mouseketeer

We are planning on going at the end of September, but yes still counting on/wishing for FD. Can I guesstimate that they will not release anything until April 1? The current promo runs till March 31..correct?

I really can't remember a time that I paid for dining. Many many moons ago....maybe 10 years ago. Yes, I guess I am spoiled.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #2352
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

The hopper is the same price no matter when you add it. If you have a 10 day ticket, adding the hopper will cost the exact same amount whether you add it at the beginning of your stay or the end, no matter how many days are left on your ticket. If you are certain you will need it, add it early on in your trip for maximum usage.
Than im just going to get park hoppers when I make my reservation. If its the same price I might as well make the most of it.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #2353
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Last trip we got park hopper passes and NEVER hopped. After spending that for 6 people and not using it, I'm not likely to get it until our kids are older.
For our next trip. There is ONE day I could see us "hopping," so I'm thinking of getting 6-day park passes and using one of the days as a "hopping" ticket. It will be much cheaper.
This is allowed, right?
Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #2354
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CAN View Post
Last trip we got park hopper passes and NEVER hopped. After spending that for 6 people and not using it, I'm not likely to get it until our kids are older. For our next trip. There is ONE day I could see us "hopping," so I'm thinking of getting 6-day park passes and using one of the days as a "hopping" ticket. It will be much cheaper. This is allowed, right?
Nope. Won't work. You very literally buy 'days' of tickets. If you tried to hop and use a separate day of tickets it would block you out since you've already been in a different park that day.

Everyone would do that instead of buying a hopper if they allowed it.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #2355
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CAN View Post
Last trip we got park hopper passes and NEVER hopped. After spending that for 6 people and not using it, I'm not likely to get it until our kids are older. For our next trip. There is ONE day I could see us "hopping," so I'm thinking of getting 6-day park passes and using one of the days as a "hopping" ticket. It will be much cheaper. This is allowed, right?
This happened to us. Got hoppers and never used them! I under estimated my DH and DS's first trip! :rotf

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: