Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #2326
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Yes, I agree garden view is not a huge upgrade.
every upgrade is special though!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
Old 03-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #2327
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:

Yes, I agree garden view is not a huge upgrade.
For our 14 night stay it was $200. Pretty big deal to us

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #2328
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Ticket upgrade question...I know you can upgrade your base ticket to a park hopper at the concierge desk at the resort but can you upgrade at the ticket counters at the parks too? And can you upgrade a ticket in the beginning of your trip and leave the rest base or do you have to upgrade whatever tickets you have left to park hopper if your going to upgrade?
And....base ticket question....you can leave one park and go back to the same park the same day, right? Like if you left during the afternoon and came back later that night.

Last edited by Kat016; 03-09-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #2329
esuomyekcim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Ticket upgrade question...I know you can upgrade your base ticket to a park hopper at the concierge desk at the resort but can you upgrade at the ticket counters at the parks too? And can you upgrade a ticket in the beginning of your trip and leave the rest base or do you have to upgrade whatever tickets you have left to park hopper if your going to upgrade?
And....base ticket question....you can leave one park and go back to the same park the same day, right? Like if you left during the afternoon and came back later that night.
I am interested in the answer to this question too. The base ticket is good for a single park for the entire day. Do they still stamp you so you can return or is the magic band smart enough to know?

To date I've had the good fortune to stay at:
OKW, BCV, WLV, Poly, AKL, & BLT
and visited:
MK, AK, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, both water parks and Disneyland Paris.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #2330
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ticket upgrade question...I know you can upgrade your base ticket to a park hopper at the concierge desk at the resort but can you upgrade at the ticket counters at the parks too? And can you upgrade a ticket in the beginning of your trip and leave the rest base or do you have to upgrade whatever tickets you have left to park hopper if your going to upgrade? And....base ticket question....you can leave one park and go back to the same park the same day, right? Like if you left during the afternoon and came back later that night.
You can come and go from the same park all day without hoppers.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #2331
jcyoung
Mouseketeer

Okay, this may be off topic, but I need a little advice...

We are going in October and our 180 day ADR date is quickly approaching! We are for sure traveling with my parents, but it is possible that my in-laws will go as well. They are still unsure if they will go or not.

So, when I make our ADR's at 180 days, is it better to make the reservation for all of us and try to change it down if they decide not to go? If you have a reservation for 9 and only 7 show up does Disney charge you the no show fee for the 2 missing people?

Me DH DD(7) DS(6) DS(4)
Old 03-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #2332
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I keep reading about people getting pixie dusted with upgrades and it has me wondering -- do they tell you flat out you are being upgraded or do you just figure it out once you get to your room or see it on a map? I have always booked standard view but now that I think of it, I would say we had more of a garden view both times. Do they tell you of your good fortune?
During our first stay at pop, we reserved a standard room, but were given a preferred pool room. we were in the 60's section, right by the hippy dippy pool. No one told us we were upgraded!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #2333
yce22princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyoung View Post
Okay, this may be off topic, but I need a little advice... We are going in October and our 180 day ADR date is quickly approaching! We are for sure traveling with my parents, but it is possible that my in-laws will go as well. They are still unsure if they will go or not. So, when I make our ADR's at 180 days, is it better to make the reservation for all of us and try to change it down if they decide not to go? If you have a reservation for 9 and only 7 show up does Disney charge you the no show fee for the 2 missing people?
I'm not certain if you'd get assessed a fee if 2 didn't show, but I do know it's a lot easier to remove from a dining reservation than it is to add. Cancellation policy is 24 hours so if they decide not to go, you can always call and take them off the reservation.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #2334
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, this may be off topic, but I need a little advice...

We are going in October and our 180 day ADR date is quickly approaching! We are for sure traveling with my parents, but it is possible that my in-laws will go as well. They are still unsure if they will go or not.

So, when I make our ADR's at 180 days, is it better to make the reservation for all of us and try to change it down if they decide not to go? If you have a reservation for 9 and only 7 show up does Disney charge you the no show fee for the 2 missing people?
Make the reservations for the max number of people you will have (including infants). There will not be a no show charge as long as at least one person shows up for the meal.

ETA: How is this my first post in this thread?!?!

Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #2335
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Make the reservations for the max number of people you will have (including infants). There will not be a no show charge as long as at least one person shows up for the meal.
Smitch is correct! As long as one person shows up, you will not be charged any 'no show' fees

me , dh , dd14 , dd11 , ds5 , ds3
Old 03-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #2336
septbaby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can upgrade tickets at any ticket counter (park, resort, Downtown Disney). You can purchase base tickets for your package then upgrade any (or all) ticket in the package as you like.

I like the flexibility of the hopper, but you can certainly have a great time at WDW w/o hopping on a given day. If you have a family of 4 those hoppers will cost over $200, not a small sum.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #2337
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is always best to use the ticket through a turnstyle at least once before any upgrades are done. So enter the park and then head to guest relations. The hopper option is a flat fee, so no matter if you add it on your first park day or your last park day, it will cost you the same amount (a little over $60, I think). You can enter and exit the same park as many times as you like each day without hoppers. The ticket will know where you have been (so, esuomyekcim no hand stamps are necessary).
Old 03-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #2338
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

It is always best to use the ticket through a turnstyle at least once before any upgrades are done. So enter the park and then head to guest relations. The hopper option is a flat fee, so no matter if you add it on your first park day or your last park day, it will cost you the same amount (a little over $60, I think). You can enter and exit the same park as many times as you like each day without hoppers. The ticket will know where you have been (so, esuomyekcim no hand stamps are necessary).
Thanks Smitch! We got park hoppers in October but didnt start hopping until our last 2 days. So we figured next year when we go we'll buy base tickets and than upgrade later in the week to hop.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #2339
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by septbaby

You can upgrade tickets at any ticket counter (park, resort, Downtown Disney). You can purchase base tickets for your package then upgrade any (or all) ticket in the package as you like.

I like the flexibility of the hopper, but you can certainly have a great time at WDW w/o hopping on a given day. If you have a family of 4 those hoppers will cost over $200, not a small sum.
Thank you septbaby! We hopped last year but at the end. So we're going to do base next year and than upgrade as needed. I knew we could upgrade at the concierge but I didnt know if we coukd upgrade elsewhere too.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #2340
jcyoung
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks Smitch! We got park hoppers in October but didnt start hopping until our last 2 days. So we figured next year when we go we'll buy base tickets and than upgrade later in the week to hop.
My understanding is that if you upgrade, they upgrade the entire length of stay. Even if you do it on the last two days, they will charge you the cost for the entire number of days. You may want to double check, but I had this same plan last year, and that was what I found.

Me DH DD(7) DS(6) DS(4)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: