Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #2296
DisneyQueen1320
Mouseketeer

Thanks aaarcher86,
The Play, Stay and Dine package doesn't sound bad. We could save some money.
I still would love the free dining package.

Last edited by DisneyQueen1320; 03-06-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #2297
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I'm not saying free dining is dead, I'm just saying that the likelihood of only being offered during September is quite strong.

When were you looking for free dining?
We have enjoyed free dining every year it has been offered, sometimes twice We need it for fall break, we can check in as early as 9/30 and will stay till Oct 12. I have called and called and called hoping for some early magic. Our daughter will be a senior next year and we plan on letting her take some friends with her (we did this for our son with FD). We pay for transportation, room/s, food and they pay for their tickets/spending. Food is huge for us with teens that eat a bunch My son has gotten a PIN before in his name at my moms address , but he will not be going with us and we have never gotten one for our address so really stressing here.

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #2298
Javin917
Mouseketeer

Are all hotels usually included in the September offer? Thanks!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #2299
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm not saying free dining is dead, I'm just saying that the likelihood of only being offered during September is quite strong.

When were you looking for free dining?
September would be good. It's taking everything I have not to book now but I don't wanna shoot myself in the foot!
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #2300
CritterToronto
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wasn't wrong, it just wasn't clear. He did mean free dining PINs, just that the offers never went public. I reached out, and it's been clarified.
Ah yes, that makes sense now. Thanks.

-
CritterToronto
Old 03-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #2301
Nechville
DIS Veteran

I am not enjoying the irony that last year I was hoping Joe was right on the Fall free dining dates, and this year I am hoping he is wrong!
Old 03-06-2014, 10:46 PM   #2302
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
I am not enjoying the irony that last year I was hoping Joe was right on the Fall free dining dates, and this year I am hoping he is wrong!
Well remember that nothing has been announced, leaked, anything at this point. So I could come back in a month from now saying "guess what I just found out....".
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 03-07-2014, 06:27 AM   #2303
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Well remember that nothing has been announced, leaked, anything at this point. So I could come back in a month from now saying "guess what I just found out....".
Since the promo came out for the MM package with the 25% room discount, do you think this will be the promo for the last two weeks in August? Looking back historically I don't see more than one promotion for August dates at that time. I booked it for one of my reervations and holding out for 30% room discount on second reservation. But maybe I should do both for now just in case? I can always change it if the 30% RO discount does come out.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #2304
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey View Post
Since the promo came out for the MM package with the 25% room discount, do you think this will be the promo for the last two weeks in August? Looking back historically I don't see more than one promotion for August dates at that time. I booked it for one of my reervations and holding out for 30% room discount on second reservation. But maybe I should do both for now just in case? I can always change it if the 30% RO discount does come out.
The main reason I don't think so is because the MM promo expires on April 20. Typically, the expiration dates go much further out that this (Through July for last year's promos). The other interesting thing about the April 20 date is that it falls perfectly right before the time a typical room discount/free dining promo would be scheduled. I think this is a test promo for them to see how the public likes it, but still ending it in enough time to release the time tested promos.

On April 20th they could always extended it on if it has proved to be popular.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 03-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #2305
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
The main reason I don't think so is because the MM promo expires on April 20. Typically, the expiration dates go much further out that this (Through July for last year's promos). The other interesting thing about the April 20 date is that it falls perfectly right before the time a typical room discount/free dining promo would be scheduled. I think this is a test promo for them to see how the public likes it, but still ending it in enough time to release the time tested promos.

On April 20th they could always extended it on if it has proved to be popular.
Agreed on all points. End of April, first week of May is usually the late summer/early fall release date. Hopefully it is a new promo because for me I don't need two MM for one trip! I need the 30% Deluxe promo
Old 03-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #2306
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I have a question for the FD experts. I've never been during a free dining period so have no experience. I thought this year we may give it a try if we can make it work. Is there ever a time when taking FD doesn't make sense? Do you ever save more by getting a room discount? My daughter was hoping for the Grand Floridian this time around but wasn't sure if there is a room discount out sometimes during FD where we may save more using that instead? Does that even make sense or am I over thinking? Thanks for any help.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 03-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #2307
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I have a question for the FD experts. I've never been during a free dining period so have no experience. I thought this year we may give it a try if we can make it work. Is there ever a time when taking FD doesn't make sense? Do you ever save more by getting a room discount? My daughter was hoping for the Grand Floridian this time around but wasn't sure if there is a room discount out sometimes during FD where we may save more using that instead? Does that even make sense or am I over thinking? Thanks for any help.
In many cases, a room discount on deluxe resorts will outweigh free dining, you just have to run the numbers. I think most people have discovered that values and moderates are almost always the better deal using free dining.

Some people out there however don't eat alot and would rather save money on the room. It comes down to what's best for you and your circumstances.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 03-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #2308
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

HI guys, I'm back from the world.

I wrote this over on the All Star Sports thread.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post50892611

I just might be done with Values. It was not my best resort stay. Not awful cause I was at Disney, right? But not great.

I had one small problem with my MB. The Yeti ate it. Seriously I was on Expedition Everest and it just flew off. I went up to GS and they replaced it (even got another green one) but for some reason after that it would not open my resort room. Even after the desk tried to fix it, it would not work. It was my last night so I just said to give me a key card and don't worry about it. The band itself worked. I know because on that day (my last park day) I had been to all four parks and charged dinner on my band at DTD. They could even see the room on the band it just wouldn't code to open the door. Other than that I did all purchases and food on the MB.

Parks were crowded.

Lot's of LA people. But very festive and upbeat. A lot of fun and lot's of people chatting in lines.

There were very few walk on rides during the day. Except at opening and amazingly on EMH night at DHS, it was during Fantasmic, ToT was no wait. I mean no wait, total walk on. Then during morning EMH at AK I only went to ride on EE. I did the standby line and waited for two trains. Less than five minutes then walked off straight to a SR line and was the only person in line and went back on after about 20 seconds and then the same thing again and didn't even stop as the saw me coming and said line 2 before I even got to them. It was amazing. Except for the small MB mishap. I replaced it in about 10 minutes and then hit EPCOT changing all my evening FP's to morning FP's.

I did the KTTK tour. (due to weather delays and missed connections I did not arrive in WDW until 3am Monday morning and my tour was at 8:30 Monday morning. I was not exactly hitting the park with a spring in my step). It was super. Lots of info and I got Maurine (call me MO). Who is a great guide. I would recommend it. (however they are not kidding about a lot of walking. Worst blisters I've ever had a WDW) Make sure you wear good walking shoes.

FP+ was great. I even changed my Soarin FP the day of and it let me change from evening to early morning. I don't like Tiers and frankly MK needs more than 3 but all in all. I like it.

And on the subject of Tiering. I had a Malstom FP. I basically just needed a third. Well wouldn't you know it there was a 30 minute wait for Malstrom. Totally glad I had it. I mean I LOVE Malstom but I wouldn't wait 30 minutes and part of that outside to ride it.

I did single rider for Rock and Roller Coaster. The line was almost an hour. It was 5 minutes longer than the posted Standby line. I think the tiering made a ton of people opt for SR so they could use their Alist FP for ToT. Crazy.

Same thing at TT in Epcot. SR line was just slightly less then SB line. However TT lends itself to the single rider better than RnR.

I did upgrade to an AP. So I'm going to hope for a good offer in Oct. I do have time off in Sept, but I'm not a September fan.

I had posted that I did not do the S/P/D offer as I would have to spend over $150 on food OOP to make it a savings. Total OOP including souvineers approx.$200. (this does not include the price to upgrade my ticket to an AP) I haven't actually done the math but off the top of my head. I know that $27 dollars was candy to bring home to family. $50 in pins/keychains/postcards/magnet. $20 hat cause my head got a sunburn. and $7 for a half gallon of milk and a gallon of distilled water.

So food costs were few. (breakfast in room with food from home, ice coffee via, two FC meals, one CS meal in park, two TS meals (but they were both small meals. $25 dollars each.), and two purchases at F&G Festival. One lunch was included with my tour and one day I actually had snacks in the room and called it lunch.

With an AP I just can't justify S/P/D. If free dining comes out I'll buy the tickets and then have them taken off my MB to use for another trip and use my AP to enter parks. If there is not a good enough package offer I'll stick to AP room discount and just do food OOP, which I can make work.

I did call about BB but the only offers were late spring/early summer or September and RO. No Free Dining. He told me that they are almost the exact same discount as AP. I did not book.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Last edited by bookgirl; 03-07-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #2309
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Hi guys!! I have finally finished reading through almost 10 pages of this thread... im checking in more often from now on!

My name is Lacey, married for almost 7 years, with DDalmost 6 and DDalmost 2. DH and I are in a rough spot now, but I have faith we will work it out. Im a Mammographer, and I am so in love with what I do. I know most women hate me, but it feels good to know each day, I could be finding early cancers that have high cure rates. A few years back, my boss, who had been to Disney over 30 times, invited me and my DD (2 at the time) to tag along with her family. Like most, I was instantly hooked. I cried like a baby during Beauty and the Beast live. I came home, got a Disney visa, and started figuring out how my family could afford it every year!

We have 2 upcoming trips for 2014. One in June, just me and my girls, staying offsite for 4 nights, staying on site for 2, renting DVC points at AKV. This has turned out to be a super saving trip. I cant believe how easy and cheap renting points was. If FD ever 'dies' we will be dvc renters for sure. I also saved by ordering tickets thru orbitz when ebates had 20% cash back. We are all tiny eaters, but I did book a TS meal each day, as I don't think it will be fun holding DD2, keeping DD6 close by, holding a tray of food, and searching for a seat. We are trying lots of cool places that we normally wouldn't 'waste' a credit on with FD b/c they are so inexpensive.

Then we are booked with FD at POFQ for Sept with a BB. I would love to get another BB offer in june that would give FD later in the fall, and cx our sept trip. DD has a big chuck of time out of school late oct, early nov due to fall break and voting holidays. But if not, sept will do just fine!!! Ive always wanted to try POFQ and i realize this may be my one and only chance!!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ

Last edited by laceyinwonderland; 03-07-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #2310
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
In many cases, a room discount on deluxe resorts will outweigh free dining, you just have to run the numbers. I think most people have discovered that values and moderates are almost always the better deal using free dining.

Some people out there however don't eat alot and would rather save money on the room. It comes down to what's best for you and your circumstances.
Perfect answer. Thank you!!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: