Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #2206
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I'm Joe. I was married and now divorced for many years. I began my love for Disney when my father and I would visit each year on spring break. Though I had been on family trips each year, it was the father/son trips that truly made me fall in love with Disney. He was killed in 1999 from a helicopter crash...from that moment on, I have went to Disney because it is there that I feel closest to him. So, at least in my mind, I STILL go with my father, and I always create special memories each trip.

I have a bachelor's in Marketing, and an M.B.A. from Marshall University. I have worked 14 years in the Travel Industry at the West Virginia Division of Tourism, where I conduct visitor research and analyze travel trends both in my own state, as well as nationwide. At work, whenever someone is going to Disney, they always consult with me first.
That's sweet about your Dad.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW/US (in planning)

Old 02-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #2207
petrymom
DIS Veteran

Hi, My name is Kristie. I am an RN and work doing supervisory work in the personal care field. I was married for 20 years and was divorced a couple of years ago. During this marriage was when I fell in love with Disney. From this marriage came 2 wonderful children. DS - 19 and DD - 14. I am currently engaged to be married on 10-4-14 in Las Vegas. My DF has 2 children from his first marriage that are with us 1/2 the time. My children have been to Disney several times but DF's children (DS's 13 and 10) have never been there. I am PRAYING for free Dining in October or November so that we can go on a FAMILYMOON with all the boys. If not, I may go just my DD and I as a bachelorette trip before the wedding.

[COLOR="Blue"]2005 - POR;2006 - AKL;2008 - CBR; 2009 - Hard Rock Hotel USF; 2010 - Embassy Suites DLR; Christmas 2010 -CSR; 2012 - Pop Century; 2014-ASMusic
[/COLOR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #2208
jcyoung
Mouseketeer

Hi, my name is Jacqui. I am married with three children, DD 7, DS 6, and DS almost 4. I am a teacher, and for the past two years I have been a master teacher, which means that I teach teachers about teaching. I am a pretty new Disney addict.

I was lucky enough to go to Disney World when I was 6 years old, but my parents weren't sold on going back, so that was the only time. I remember loving it, but I don't remember a lot about it! Then, I went back with a friend when I was 17, and loved it again!

When we had kids, I always knew that I would take them at least once. DH and I tried to plan out the best time to take them so that the oldest wasn't too old (is there such a thing?) and the youngest wasn't too young. We got a PIN for free dining last year, so we went in October. Now...I'm hooked and can't wait to go back this year!!!

My husband thinks that I have lost my mind because I spend so much time planning and researching. He doesn't understand that all of this time and research is what made our trip last year so fun!

Me DH DD(7) DS(6) DS(4)
Old 02-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #2209
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

I can't wait to see the discounts coming out.....nothing fits our family yet and I'm getting nervous since I don't have a resort booked. Last year it was down to the wire for our booking as well, so I was trying not to repeat that.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #2210
mom2elle
Earning My Ears

Hi! Mostly a lurker here, but I'll jump in.
My name is Kate, married and mom to 4 kids. I work for IKEA, corporate office, in the Philly suburbs. I do supply chain/logistics for them, and have for the last 16 years. My kids are 18, 15, 10 and 6; with my oldest dd heading off to college in the fall.
We are starting to plan a trip for early Nov, sadly without my oldest dd. Last trip was Nov of 2011, we were there for 10 dats over thanksgiving. I love disney, wish we could visit more often!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #2211
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Good idea Joe! We talk all the time but really dont know each other
My name is Kathy and I live in snowy Pennsylvania. I went to school with my DH and we thought each other was cute but never pursued anything. Than our paths kept crossing. I was a firefighter and he was a firefighter/paramedic. I finally asked him out....and he said no. I wasnt settling for that. If he would have given me any indication he wasnt interested at all I would have walked away. He was in the process of testing for a police job and didnt want to start a relationship because he didnt know where he was going to work. So long story short....we've been happily married for almost 14 yrs. We have a DD11 and DS9 and 2 dogs. I am a clinical coordinator for a prison. Ive been there since August and love it. I was a stay at home mom up until than. My disney addiction started when I was a kid. My dad was a big disney fan. He bought me every Disney classic on vhs tapes including some of the older ones like The Gnome Mobile and Pete's Dragon. I continued the collection as I got older and than replaced the vhs with dvd as they came out. My DH hadn't been to disney since long before Epcot was built. So when we went in October it was quite different. He was looking forward to going but not like me and the kids. But now....he is looking forward to our November 2015 trip as much as we are. So he is a newly converted disney fan. My kids are disney geeks, especially my daughter, because of me. One day we'll be moving tp Florida, not far from disney. Believe it or not...that was my DHs idea. Im not going to argue
Old 02-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #2212
gypsymoon
Debt free Disney addict

I am Keisha married to my best friend Pete. We have 7 kids. My hubby is retired and I own a small business. We are big Dave Ramsey fans ! This trip is to celebrate being debt free. My kids have never been. I went several times as a kid and can't wait to share the magic with my kids.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #2213
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Hi, I'm Melinda (our kids call me MAW) and I am also a 1971 baby! I have been married for 22 years and we have one DS (21) and one DD (17) Both HUGE disney fans. I'm a hillbilly from Eastern Kentucky (My Dads family is from the southern mountains of WV) and we now live in Central Ky. We moved here so DH could leave UPS and work for Toyota and when both kids were in school I found work in an elementary school as a reading interventionist. I really only got a job so I could pay for our Disney trips. My first trip was in 1985 friends gave us a week in a condo on Satellite Beach. We bought a couple day passes and drove in. I WAS IN LOVE on that first visit, no one else liked it so we didn't go back the next day. Then came my senior trip 1989 and again Disney felt like home and I had the best trip We were very poor and I didn't have lots of resources and the world was just not that big to me so in college I interviewed to work at Disney for their college program. I was excepted but my parents would not let me go I had no car to get me there and needed to work here to feed myself. if I knew then what I know now I would have gotten on a greyhound and went. Met DH the next January, engaged a couple months later, married a couple months after that, and had DS 9 months after that. Dreamed of taking my baby to Disney for years. We are big UK football fans and when they got an Outback bowl bid In 1999 I spent hours on the phone winning DH tickets. Used a coupon for holiday inn buy one night get one for free and gave that to DH for Christmas with gas money. He refused to go to Florida without me so we used another coupon at a holiday inn near Disney and we went to AK and MK as day guest. It was our first vacation together and we were all hooked. I started subbing at school so we could go back ( teachers would call in sick to make sure I had enough days to pay for my trip, hahaha) I found mousesavers and DIS boards and we spent 9 nights at CR with the Kingdom Club?? program discounts and have gone back every year, sometimes twice since. At work I'm the Mickey lady ( I wear Mickey hand and wave during arrival) and last year I helped 18 families plan their trips. Love making trips easy and enjoyable for families. I still dream and hope to someday work for the mouse, someday I will, I promise!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

24 trips and plannin' the next 1

Last edited by wdwmaw; 02-28-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #2214
Tinker Pam
Stalker of the Whisperer

Hi. My name is Pam. I was born and raised in Miami so I grew up going to Disney a couple of times a year. Of course back then there was only 1 park and 2 resorts and the old E tickets. My how we would fight over what we were going to ride. So I grew up loving Disney. Then tragedy struck a few months before my 16th birthday- we moved to a little town called Niles in MI.
That is where I met the love of my life. In Oct we will celebrate our 28th anniversary. We have 2 kids. Our daughter Jennifer is 26 and is getting married on Halloween and our son Keanu who is 12 (yep 14 years between them, several miscarriages and then nothing so we thought we were done and along he comes). My DH Rod has lots of health issues ( his heart functions at 10% and he has outlived what the docs said he would) and loves to go to Disney to relax.
I work in healthcare as an Intake Coordinator for an Inpatient Rehab hospital (stroke, brain injuries, amputees not drug rehab). I do all the Medicare verifications and Insurance and Medicaid precerifications.
From 1984 until 2009 I didn't go back and then in 2009 me DH and DS did our first family trip. DD didn't want to go and still hasn't been. We went back in 2010, 2011 missed 2012 (DH wasn't doing very well so had to cancel), back in 2013 for an awesome 2 week stay. There won't be a trip this year due to DD wedding but we are planning a trip for next fall with her and her fiancé- it will be first trip for both.
DS loves Disney as much as I do and can't wait to get back.
We currently live in Buchanan MI which is a tiny town about 20 min Northwest of the University of Notre Dame

Old 02-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #2215
ciera321
DIS Veteran

I'm Robin and have been a Disney addict since 1978, when my parents gave me a trip to DW for graduation! We live in the Kansas City area and are thinking about moving to Florida in the near future. I've been married to my husband Tim for almost 34 years, and we have 2 wonderful, Disney addicted sons, 28 and 20. I've been lucky enough to be an at-home mom since my oldest started kindergarten, and my DH is an IT engineer. We are planning our 23rd trip to my happy place in May, and are taking both boys. We have a cat named Winnie, a dog named Pixie, and I drive a car with Disney personalized license plates...I know you can all relate!!!

I can't begin to say how much help the Disboards have been over all these years! A special thanks to Joe for always keeping us updated on specials!!!

Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #2216
kittymasi
In.... The..... Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Subscribing and saying Huzzah!

Hello, Kitty here. Mom of Neko, age 7, and currently planning a trip for my parents that is growing to be a trip for my siblings as well, and is totally getting out of hand. Trip is planned for September, and we are hoping for free dining, of course.

I am an artist living in San Antonio, TX. I paint wall murals in kids rooms, and I teach painting at a studio. I also homeschool my daughter, and obsessively plan disney trips which everyone then destroys.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #2217
aprildsygrl
Earning My Ears

Hi I'm April, my DH and I have been together for 15 years this April. We have a DS who is 7. I have been to WDW once when I was 17. Honestly I can't say I remember much, other than the huge crowds, and riding Splash Mountain. Which is extremely unusual for me, I usually remember everything! I have been obsessively planning our upcoming trip in early September for 2 years now, which will be DH and DS's first. I'm excited for my DS to experience the magic, something so out of the ordinary. We are beach ppl and usually go twice a year, excited to do something different!! We live in the northern portion of beautiful West Virginia. My DH is a Coal Miner and I'm a stay at home Mama. I am musically inclined playing several instruments. But my absolute passion is the guitar. I own several and play for hours everyday.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #2218
wvasweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I'm Joe. I was married and now divorced for many years. I began my love for Disney when my father and I would visit each year on spring break. Though I had been on family trips each year, it was the father/son trips that truly made me fall in love with Disney. He was killed in 1999 from a helicopter crash...from that moment on, I have went to Disney because it is there that I feel closest to him. So, at least in my mind, I STILL go with my father, and I always create special memories each trip.

I have a bachelor's in Marketing, and an M.B.A. from Marshall University. I have worked 14 years in the Travel Industry at the West Virginia Division of Tourism, where I conduct visitor research and analyze travel trends both in my own state, as well as nationwide. At work, whenever someone is going to Disney, they always consult with me first.
Fellow WV'ian here. Hi!
*** Currently planning Nov 16-22, 2014 trip in AKL
Old 02-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #2219
tillman4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Pam View Post
Hi. My name is Pam. I was born and raised in Miami so I grew up going to Disney a couple of times a year. Of course back then there was only 1 park and 2 resorts and the old E tickets. My how we would fight over what we were going to ride. So I grew up loving Disney. Then tragedy struck a few months before my 16th birthday- we moved to a little town called Niles in MI. That is where I met the love of my life. In Oct we will celebrate our 28th anniversary. We have 2 kids. Our daughter Jennifer is 26 and is getting married on Halloween and our son Keanu who is 12 (yep 14 years between them, several miscarriages and then nothing so we thought we were done and along he comes). My DH Rod has lots of health issues ( his heart functions at 10% and he has outlived what the docs said he would) and loves to go to Disney to relax. I work in healthcare as an Intake Coordinator for an Inpatient Rehab hospital (stroke, brain injuries, amputees not drug rehab). I do all the Medicare verifications and Insurance and Medicaid precerifications. From 1984 until 2009 I didn't go back and then in 2009 me DH and DS did our first family trip. DD didn't want to go and still hasn't been. We went back in 2010, 2011 missed 2012 (DH wasn't doing very well so had to cancel), back in 2013 for an awesome 2 week stay. There won't be a trip this year due to DD wedding but we are planning a trip for next fall with her and her fiancé- it will be first trip for both. DS loves Disney as much as I do and can't wait to get back. We currently live in Buchanan MI which is a tiny town about 20 min Northwest of the University of Notre Dame
w A
Old 03-01-2014, 05:56 AM   #2220
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I got it in October 2013...hopefully theyll offer it again this year for you!!
Sorry I haven't been around. I'm too depressed to look here lately. I have to cancel my bb for nov. I really hurt myself bad last trip. Both knees need surgery I haven't walked since our nov trip. First surgery is in 27 days and then 3 months later the next knee. Pray for me because I miss this board and I miss the excitement. Been so depressedi don't wanna come on here knowing I have to cancel,our trip. . I promise kat once these 2 surgeries are done and I'am walking again I will be here every day counting down to our nov 2015 trip. Im gonna call and beg disney to give me the same bb next year.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: