Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #2071
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman4
I usually don't post, just love to read everyone's comments. However, my DH gave me a wdw trip for this sept. as my v-day gift! I'm so excited...now hoping for FD!
YAY!! Thats a great gift...
Old 02-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #2072
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

YAY!! Thats a great gift...
Especially since you still have over six months to plan! Anything less and I wouldn't want to be surprised with a trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #2073
tillman4
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Yes, he learned from the first time he surprised me I needed more than 2 wks to plan!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #2074
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman4 View Post
Thanks! Yes, he learned from the first time he surprised me I needed more than 2 wks to plan!!!
Two weeks?!? I need that just to decide what to pack!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #2075
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Hey gang. I was wondering if this is the place to be when (and if) the FD promotion will be given for Sept of 2014. I know my fellow Disers are on top of things like this and I want to hear about FD as soon as possible. My family and I are staying at POR Riverside for 10 nights Sept 9-18 and FD will play a big part in our trip, so here's hoping for FD in September!

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
Old 02-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #2076
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
Hey gang. I was wondering if this is the place to be when (and if) the FD promotion will be given for Sept of 2014. I know my fellow Disers are on top of things like this and I want to hear about FD as soon as possible. My family and I are staying at POR Riverside for 10 nights Sept 9-18 and FD will play a big part in our trip, so here's hoping for FD in September!
I would say we are definitely going to be talking about it here, pretty much the second it is announced, and lots of speculation beforehand. We started in anticipation of the 2013 free dining but lots of us are hoping for it this year as well. And Black (our Disney whisperer and this thread starter) is updating us here with his thoughts. I'm not sure if there is an "official" thread for 2014.
And word of warning -- we go off topic quite a bit - probably more than we talk about free dining at the moment!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #2077
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Two weeks?!? I need that just to decide what to pack!

That might be funny, if I weren't leaving in 2 weeks and I have already test packed my stuff and have it sitting in the spare room in my suitcase. I will probably unpack it all then repack it all a time or two more before I decide what I'm taking and if I'm going with the small suitcase, the big suitcase or if I'm going to ditch everything and start all over.

Not like I haven't been there before or anything.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #2078
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post

That might be funny, if I weren't leaving in 2 weeks and I have already test packed my stuff and have it sitting in the spare room in my suitcase. I will probably unpack it all then repack it all a time or two more before I decide what I'm taking and if I'm going with the small suitcase, the big suitcase or if I'm going to ditch everything and start all over.

Not like I haven't been there before or anything.
I think you may be my long-lost sister.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #2079
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
I think you may be my long-lost sister.
OOO family reunion in WDW in 2 weeks LOL. Well either that or I do a BB in 6 months.

I finally gave in and bought some packing cubes so I've been experimenting to see if I am going to keep them. I'd like to do a carry on, but then I'd have no room for anything else.

Plus the whole what's the weather going to be.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #2080
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
I'm stalking here, looking for that too. DH and I voted no Disney this year, so we booked 9 nights at universal. The kids flipped on us, DD freaked when she heard Sofia and doc are now at Hollywood and vine. so I told them, IF Disney releases FD that is the only way we can do both. So everyday my kids are now asking if Disney has released FD yet. Don't want to book because we aren't going without FD, but may have to in the next few weeks, so we can book ADRs.

2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

Old 02-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #2081
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post

I'm stalking here, looking for that too. DH and I voted no Disney this year, so we booked 9 nights at universal. The kids flipped on us, DD freaked when she heard Sofia and doc are now at Hollywood and vine. so I told them, IF Disney releases FD that is the only way we can do both. So everyday my kids are now asking if Disney has released FD yet. Don't want to book because we aren't going without FD, but may have to in the next few weeks, so we can book ADRs.
You can book ADRs without a reservation! Just not the 180+10, only 180.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #2082
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Scroll down the page for pics of the new Refilable mugs. Red and Blue are pictured but there are two other colors as well Purple is one, I forget the other.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447967&page=184

Old 02-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #2083
jcyoung
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Scroll down the page for pics of the new Refilable mugs. Red and Blue are pictured but there are two other colors as well Purple is one, I forget the other.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447967&page=184
I think that yellow was the other color.

Me DH DD(7) DS(6) DS(4)
Old 02-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #2084
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
IDon't want to book because we aren't going without FD, but may have to in the next few weeks, so we can book ADRs.
I made all my ADRs last year for our October trip in April without any resort reservation. Did have to be on line every day at 6AM but got everything I wanted at perfect times except for BOG and I was able to use BOG FP+ for lunch. I made the ADRs knowing we really needed FD to be able to stay at a MOD.
you can always cancel the ADRs if you don't get FD
Old 02-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #2085
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Omg!!!

Hi all:

I don't post very often, but it was great sharing with all of you our excitement about our trips last year. I was able to do free dining for 2 weeks at the end of Oct and beginning of Nov. I didn't try to do a bb because I thought my extended family was going in Nov of this year but had no idea when (because unlike me they aren't obsessive Disney planners.)

So, a week ago my brother called me and said they were already booked on the Wonder leaving Miami on April 4, and did I want to go. Um....YES!!!! It's been a crazy week trying to put together a trip (they don't do packages out of Miami, so I had to do the pieces separately myself, and there's no way I'm flying to Florida from Cali and not going to Orlando. It was a pain, though. I need a good travel agent.)

I'm so excited, but of course I'm crazy busy at the moment so I can't move into obsessive planning stage yet. I'm leaving for Disneyland a week from today (I know, awwww, poor me ), but when I get home on the 6th I will head straight to the Cruise forum.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: