Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

We've hit the wall again on part 3....so moving on to part 4!!!!!!
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Last edited by black562; 10-12-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
IlovePumbaa
Mouseketeer

Talking Follow the leader.

Hmmmm, only Black and me here right now. Lol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
scard192
DIS Veteran

moving over.

6AM, one week from right now we will be in the car on the way to the airport. It's coming fast now.
sending my room request fax to FQ on Monday, can't wait to stay there.

Last edited by scard192; 10-12-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
IlovePumbaa
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
moving over.

6AM, one week from right now we will be in the car on the way to the airport. It's coming fast now.
sending my room request fax to FQ on Monday, can't wait to stay there.

Yay. Have an amazing time. I have just reached my 60 days. I will do online check in tomorrow night Australia time.

I think everyone else stayed on part 3....

. .

Last edited by IlovePumbaa; 10-12-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Dumba%# spelling error.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovePumbaa View Post

Yay. Have an amazing time. I have just reached my 60 days. I will do online check in tomorrow night Australia time.

I think everyone else stayed on part 3....

. .

27 days to go here
Old 10-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Off-topic question we use magical express we never Rent-A-Car we usually use Disney transport. Unfortunately I'm going to need a scooter this time we have many dinner reservations at other resorts So I'm thinking maybe we should rent a car for the whole week so we can come and go as we please with scooter. We haven't parked in the regular parking lot since the 80s can anybody tell me if it's very inconvenient to drive to each park every day versus the buses if I have an evc.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
DisneyDayz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Off-topic question we use magical express we never Rent-A-Car we usually use Disney transport. Unfortunately I'm going to need a scooter this time we have many dinner reservations at other resorts So I'm thinking maybe we should rent a car for the whole week so we can come and go as we please with scooter. We haven't parked in the regular parking lot since the 80s can anybody tell me if it's very inconvenient to drive to each park every day versus the buses if I have an evc.
All buses are equipped to have scooters on board. My mother uses one because of her knees. We've never had a problem with transportation either going to the parks or other resorts.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

15 more days
Old 10-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
For the first time we drove to all our Disney destinations. It was so much more convenient and less stressful and took less time. The trams have spots to hold EVCs, but you will have to transfer to a regular seat,at least that is what I saw folks with evc's do. At the MK the trams take you to the TTC and you can choose to get to park my monorail or ferry. The ferry was awesome and folks with evc's could just ride them right on and stay on them. The trams to HS take you and pick you up at the entrance; closer than the bus's. We were able to park so close at Epcot that we never took the tram and the tram at AK was about the same as the buses, if not a little closer. Hoping for a quick recovery! Best of luck!!! Have a magical trip!

Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
AMateus
Mouseketeer

Checking in with part 4!
32 days to go!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #11
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

OMGosh! Someone please try one of these for me! Pressed Brioche Ice Cream Sandwich! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/1...an-des-glaces/

Old 10-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

For the first time we drove to all our Disney destinations. It was so much more convenient and less stressful and took less time. The trams have spots to hold EVCs, but you will have to transfer to a regular seat,at least that is what I saw folks with evc's do. At the MK the trams take you to the TTC and you can choose to get to park my monorail or ferry. The ferry was awesome and folks with evc's could just ride them right on and stay on them. The trams to HS take you and pick you up at the entrance; closer than the bus's. We were able to park so close at Epcot that we never took the tram and the tram at AK was about the same as the buses, if not a little closer. Hoping for a quick recovery! Best of luck!!! Have a magical trip!
Thank you. I know the buses are equipped to handle the evc but I'm not equipped to handle the evc lol.. I never used one I hate the thought of needing one. But my knee is just not healed from surgery yet ;(. I was going to cancel but this was a surprise 50 th bday and 29 year late honeymoon trip with fd . I don't Want to give tht up. We have way too many dinner ressie's and I'm gettin discouraged thinking hmmm bus to mk just to switch o another bus to get to where we are eating then after dinner do that again to get back is TOOOO much. I think th car ill be less stressful even with dh having to drive.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #13
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDayz View Post

All buses are equipped to have scooters on board. My mother uses one because of her knees. We've never had a problem with transportation either going to the parks or other resorts.
It's my knee to. I know the buses are equipped but we are doing more dining this trip at other resorts which would mean 4 buses to get to dinner or breakfast.. Too much with an evc I think. But thank you for your input. I appreciate all the advice to help me decide
Old 10-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you. I know the buses are equipped to handle the evc but I'm not equipped to handle the evc lol.. I never used one I hate the thought of needing one. But my knee is just not healed from surgery yet ;(. I was going to cancel but this was a surprise 50 th bday and 29 year late honeymoon trip with fd . I don't Want to give tht up. We have way too many dinner ressie's and I'm gettin discouraged thinking hmmm bus to mk just to switch o another bus to get to where we are eating then after dinner do that again to get back is TOOOO much. I think th car ill be less stressful even with dh having to drive.
I can transfer to a seat that's better I was so scared to hold people up on the buses because I can't parallel park an evc as. Novice lol
Old 10-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
We found navigating around the area to be pretty easy; there are signs everywhere telling you where to go. Know your resort "area" though, because signs do not always give a specific resort. For example we stayed at AoA which is in the Wide World of Sports area. We followed that and then it would break down directions more specifically.

This might be something to inquire about since you are doing a lot of resort dining. The day we were leaving we had ADR for late breakfast at 'Ohana and then were planning to spend 3 hours at MK before heading home. We asked the gentleman at the Poly gate if we could park until about 3pm and he said that would be fine. So after breakfast we took the monorail from Poly to MK and then back again.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: