Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #31
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Haven't stayed at POR, but POFQ housekeeping was wonderful!

Walked over to POR a few times, ate in food court, checked out arcade....found everything to be super clean in the common areas.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #32
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Well, the OP deleted her question/comment...but I gather we're talking about housekeeping at POR.

I've stayed at POR 3 times, the most recent being two weeks ago for a week with my DD. Have never had a bad experience with a dirty room, dirty common areas, etc.

The only bad/awkward experience was this last time, we had quite a bit of rain a couple days and one of the days we spent most of the afternoon in our room (housekeeping hadn't come in the morning while we were out) so rather than putting our "Privacy Please" card on the door (we knew they wouldn't come if we put it out) we left it off and just waited for her to knock and say "housekeeping" as most do. Well, we were laying on the beds watching TV and she just used her key and walked in. I thought DD had put the deadbolt over and she thought I had, and it didn't get done. The housekeeper was visibly upset that we were in the room. We tried telling her it was fine, and we grabbed our shoes, umbrellas and jackets and left for a half-hour or so, but she wouldn't even smile, at all.

And one day we just met housekeeping outside and did a towel exchange, but they did ask how many sets we wanted, and if we needed more soap, shampoo, etc. and asked if we needed our trash dumped.
MIGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: