Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
wink13
Just a bit Goofy

MB, split stay and dining plan

We have a split stay in Feb and would like to do the dining plan for both stays. We would like to use credits from the first half stay on the last day of that stay after checking into the 2nd resort. Is that possible now with MB?

You used to be able to use credits up to midnight of the day you checked out but with everything on the MB I was just wondering.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
DreamChasers
Mouseketeer

We have done the DDP with a split stay before and were able to use the credits from the reservation we checked out of until midnight. We simply used the old room key to pay for things with DP credits. We haven’t stayed using MB yet, but from setting things up on MDE I know we are getting new MB for each new part of our stay. So, I think it would work the same way.

DreamChasers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I agree that the dining credits should expire at midnight of the check-out date no matter how they are accessed, but I understand your concern.

I am going to move this over to the Restaurants>Dining Plan Board so that someone with recent experience using the bands can confirm.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
wink13
Just a bit Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
I agree that the dining credits should expire at midnight of the check-out date no matter how they are accessed, but I understand your concern.

I am going to move this over to the Restaurants>Dining Plan Board so that someone with recent experience using the bands can confirm.
Thanks CarolMN. I hope someone can share their experience with the MB and the split stay Dining Plan.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
Suziannie
Mouseketeer

I've got a split stay planned and DDP for both reservations. I have a band for each stay and was told that the credits won't expire until Midnight the day you check out.

So what I confirmed I could do was wear the original Magic Bands for our tickets and ADRs the day we check out of our first hotel (Art of Animation) and once we return from dinner that night we'll start using our new resort (Pop Century) bands.

I hope this works because I heard we won't be getting cards at Pop Century for sure, and possibly at AoA.

Completed Christmas Trip Report: December 2013

Resorts I've stayed at so far:
Caribbean Beach 2007/2008 Christmas & New Year's Eve
All Star Movies 2008 Food & Wine, 2011 Honeymoon, 2013 Christmas trip
Art of Animation 2013
Shades of Green 2013

Upcoming: Shades of Green December 2014!!!
Suziannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
nalajms
DIS Veteran

We also have a split stay coming up and I'm debating whether or not to buy DDP for both because of this.

My understanding of the magic bands is that as long as they are registered to the same MDE, any band will work with each reservations. It's not like the keys where it specifies check-in and check out dates. Plus they are meant to be reused for other stays.

I guess my questions is how would the CM know to take credits from the first reservation versus the second reservation!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can use any leftover credits until midnight. Yes it should be possible with magic bands. The bands don't do anything but read your account. Each band should work with any reservation you have as long as they are all linked to My Disney Experience. So you could wear the band from the first resort the entire time, if you prefer to.

You may have to specifiy to the server which reservation you are using credits from.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
wink13
Just a bit Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You can use any leftover credits until midnight. Yes it should be possible with magic bands. The bands don't do anything but read your account. Each band should work with any reservation you have as long as they are all linked to My Disney Experience. So you could wear the band from the first resort the entire time, if you prefer to.

You may have to specifiy to the server which reservation you are using credits from.
I did speak with member service this morning and she indicated that the MB would hold the credits until midnight as you said.

I'd really like to hear from someone that has successfully done a split stay with MB and dining credit crossing over.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: