Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
twinone
Mouseketeer

Paying for meal outside of dining plan?

We have the dining plan but planned to do an extra table service meal. I'm not sure which would be the best to pay out of pocket?

Our reservations are for

Princess Storybook Breakfast
Via Napoli Dinner
BOG Dinner
50's Prime Time Cafe Dinner
Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner
Kona Cafe Dinner
twinone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

It's worth noting that when the DDP you do not have to use credits to pay for everyone at any one time. In other words, you can mix and match DDP and OOP. So if someone wants to order a really expensive item and another wants something cheaper, then use the DDP for the expensive item and pay OOP for the less expensive item.

My general rule of thumb is that a TS credit is "worth" about $37.50 (with tax), so you want your pre-tax sub-total to be about $35 to be cost effective.

Akershus breakfast is the only one that I would certainly use credits for. WCC is right at the break point, so I'd probably use credits there and then see how things go at the other TS locations. Everything else will depend on what is ordered.

One thing to note is that at VN, they do not allow sharing on the DDP. In other words, you can not use one credit to feed two people. Everyone will have to order their own entree (individual Signature or basic pizza or pasta/entree), dessert, and standard drink. The folks paying OOP (if applicable) are welcome to share among themselves (i.e., you can order one pizza and share it with two people if paying OOP).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
twinone
Mouseketeer

Great info, thanks so much.

So it sounds like for VN it might be best to just order a pizza (I'm sure that's what they'll get) for the kids to share and pay it OOP and use there credits for the other meal, I didn't realize this was an option
Old 11-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

VN is one of the most restrictive venues when using the DDP. They don't allow folks to share, nor do they allow for the combining of credits to purchase larger sized pizzas. While it can be a good use of a credit if you were planning on order several individual pizzas, this might be a good place to pay OOP.

When you say "kids", do you mean Disney children (3-9) or Disney adults (10 and over)? I only ask because if they're actually children (3-9) then their credits can only be used for kids meals.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
twinone
Mouseketeer

Yes, the kids are 4 and 8 so I was thinking use there kid credit for the princess breakfast and then pay OOP for a pizza and drinks at VN for them to share. Good ideas??
Old 11-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinone View Post
Yes, the kids are 4 and 8 so I was thinking use there kid credit for the princess breakfast and then pay OOP for a pizza and drinks at VN for them to share. Good ideas??
Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. Have fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: