Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #76
kymomof2
Mouseketeer

Following too! I have rooms reserved and hoping for discounts! We are split between BLT and OKW. They never offer discounts for BLT right?
Old 06-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #77
tinktinktink
Mouseketeer

Would they discount already reserved rooms?
tinktinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #78
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinktinktink View Post
No. Those reservations would either have to be modified or cancelled and rebooked under the promo. A bit of a hassle but definitely worth it over Disney's rack rate prices!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #79
NewRVLady
DIS Veteran

Subbing to this thread...hope discounts come out soon
NewRVLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #80
burne99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear58 View Post
Given how hard it has been to get ADRs for our week in Nov and the construction at the Poly and WL, I can not see why Disney even needs to offer a room only discount for the deluxes in Nov. Starting to worry.
This is what I Am worried about !! Booked for POFQ, but since fd booked out the other mods, they are filling FQ with no discounts.... Here's to hope!
burne99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #81
tinktinktink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
No. Those reservations would either have to be modified or cancelled and rebooked under the promo. A bit of a hassle but definitely worth it over Disney's rack rate prices!
Makes sense. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:38 AM   #82
MamaBear58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think that's correct. If the discount is offered for that room type and still available by the time you call, you can just have the discount applied.
MamaBear58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #83
MaggiesMomNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Makes sense. Thanks.
No I agree, not correct. I was told by Mama Bear (I think?) that you can book the room and add to RO to it.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #84
tinktinktink
Mouseketeer

Ok so kinda like free dining it's only specific rooms. Why would they discount rooms that are already booked is my thought and they are less likely to offer it if people are booking in hopes of a discount.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #85
TandEsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear58 View Post
I don't think that's correct. If the discount is offered for that room type and still available by the time you call, you can just have the discount applied.
Having the discount applied is modifying the existing reservation. There are blocks of rooms set aside for each discount category. So if you're holding a reserved room at rack rate, let's say that room is from Bucket 1--Full price. When you call to "apply the discount," they modify your room from one from Bucket 1 to Bucket 2--Discount XYZ. This is why you may have a standard room booked, but when you call have to move to a preferred room--it's not that no standard rooms are available at all (which you already know, because you have one reserved), it's that no standard rooms in Bucket 2 are available. Your reservation has to be modified to reflect a room coming from the appropriate bucket of available rooms. Once the rooms in those buckets are spoken for, you can't just move your room into that bucket--you have to wait for someone to cancel a room from your desired bucket before you can change your reservation.

Last edited by TandEsMommy; 06-29-2014 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Typo--changed "can" to "can't"
TandEsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #86
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Shyjade and TandEsMommy are correct. There is no guarantee that your rack rack booking will get a discount. I once had the resort and room category sell out while I was on the phone trying to modify an existing reservation to add the discount. I had to change room view.

Anyway, I need to add one night to my stay and I hope WL has a great discount because of the pool being closed so we can spend that night there!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:50 PM   #87
NewRVLady
DIS Veteran

Jen-I just priced WL for NOV and no discount due to renovations....
WL and Dolphin cost same for my 5 nights
NewRVLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #88
MaggiesMomNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Shyjade and TandEsMommy are correct. There is no guarantee that your rack rack booking will get a discount. I once had the resort and room category sell out while I was on the phone trying to modify an existing reservation to add the discount. I had to change room view.

Anyway, I need to add one night to my stay and I hope WL has a great discount because of the pool being closed so we can spend that night there!
Yeah right! And please don't take that the wrong way...not trying to be nasty at all...I just doubt there is any way Disney would give any kind of break due to the inconvenience.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #89
Chrissyb8885
Mouseketeer

subbing with fingers crossed!
Chrissyb8885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #90
MaggiesMomNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggiesMomNJ View Post
Yeah right! And please don't take that the wrong way...not trying to be nasty at all...I just doubt there is any way Disney would give any kind of break due to the inconvenience.

Just heard from someone on the WL thread they will be offering rate reductions to WL guests but AFTER check in on a case by case basis.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: