Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #136
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

i know for my night (two rooms booked) at the pop i had to change from a standard room to preferred as they had no standard rooms for this discount. it only made a difference of $19 total but its now my $19 dollars and not disneys.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #137
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Waiting for AP discount to come through- maybe tomorrow!!
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #138
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

I called Disney this AM when I got the news (thanks Disboards!), and was given a rate for our Yacht Club (garden view) six night stay of $2012. I am currently booked through Orbitz at a rate of $2389 (which I was happy with back in March). So, I was excited about $377 savings. However, I needed to cancel my Orbitz reservation before the agent would book thru Disney (which made me nervous knowing I was taking a chance on losing my secured reservation and possibly not having the YC available when I called Disney back). So, I hurried over to Orbitz and plugged in my dates again, and got a rate of $1851, which is a $538 savings! Woo-hoo I'm a happy camper!! I went ahead and made a new reservation, but then called about possibly having them just credit my original reservation, so they had me submit a claim form and I'll wait and see what they are going to do. Bottom line: Orbitz was $153 cheaper than Disney today!! (Orbitz has a HOTEL10 discount code going on right now)
Yep, I'm happy!! I saved $538 today!!
DLH October '05 for the 50th!
YC December '06--First WDW Christmas!
GF October '08
YC November '14: making up for '13 cancelled trip
BurleyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #139
tinktinktink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
I called Disney this AM when I got the news (thanks Disboards!), and was given a rate for our Yacht Club (garden view) six night stay of $2012. I am currently booked through Orbitz at a rate of $2389 (which I was happy with back in March). So, I was excited about $377 savings. However, I needed to cancel my Orbitz reservation before the agent would book thru Disney (which made me nervous knowing I was taking a chance on losing my secured reservation and possibly not having the YC available when I called Disney back). So, I hurried over to Orbitz and plugged in my dates again, and got a rate of $1851, which is a $538 savings! Woo-hoo I'm a happy camper!! I went ahead and made a new reservation, but then called about possibly having them just credit my original reservation, so they had me submit a claim form and I'll wait and see what they are going to do. Bottom line: Orbitz was $153 cheaper than Disney today!! (Orbitz has a HOTEL10 discount code going on right now) Yep, I'm happy!! I saved $538 today!!
that is a crazy good deal!
tinktinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #140
cyndepet
Earning My Ears

I'm so excited - I just got off the phone and got a discount on my Nov 5 - 9 POFQ stay. I looked online this morning and there were no discounts at POFQ. I looked tonight and they magically appeared. I only spent 15 minutes on hold and ended up with a $200 price reduction. Yay!!!
cyndepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #141
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
I called Disney this AM when I got the news (thanks Disboards!), and was given a rate for our Yacht Club (garden view) six night stay of $2012. I am currently booked through Orbitz at a rate of $2389 (which I was happy with back in March). So, I was excited about $377 savings. However, I needed to cancel my Orbitz reservation before the agent would book thru Disney (which made me nervous knowing I was taking a chance on losing my secured reservation and possibly not having the YC available when I called Disney back). So, I hurried over to Orbitz and plugged in my dates again, and got a rate of $1851, which is a $538 savings! Woo-hoo I'm a happy camper!! I went ahead and made a new reservation, but then called about possibly having them just credit my original reservation, so they had me submit a claim form and I'll wait and see what they are going to do. Bottom line: Orbitz was $153 cheaper than Disney today!! (Orbitz has a HOTEL10 discount code going on right now)
Yep, I'm happy!! I saved $538 today!!
I had a 20% orbitz PIN so I booked today with the fall discount and the pin on top of that. 8 nights at GF for $2800. Saved $600 more than bookin through Disney directly. Not too shabby!

I did have to book it with just 2 adults and then call orbitz to have them add the kids since their booking system tries to charge for the kids. They showed up in MdE right away. So excited for a dec GF stay!!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC

Last edited by disneymagicgirl; 07-24-2014 at 12:33 AM.
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #142
tinktinktink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I had a 20% orbitz PIN so I booked today with the fall discount and the pin on top of that. 8 nights at GF for $2800. Saved $600 more than bookin through Disney directly. Not too shabby! I did have to book it with just 2 adults and then call orbitz to have them add the kids since their booking system tries to hate for the kids. They showed up in MdE right away. So excited for a dec GF stay!!
How do you get an orbitz pin? It looked like they were already 20% off so is that an additional 20%.
tinktinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:32 AM   #143
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinktinktink View Post
How do you get an orbitz pin? It looked like they were already 20% off so is that an additional 20%.
It came in my email a couple weeks ago. Was a long maybe 16-20 digit promo code, one time use, exp 7/27.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #144
got2sammies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndepet View Post
I'm so excited - I just got off the phone and got a discount on my Nov 5 - 9 POFQ stay. I looked online this morning and there were no discounts at POFQ. I looked tonight and they magically appeared. I only spent 15 minutes on hold and ended up with a $200 price reduction. Yay!!!
same here! (sort of) I have been checking literally every day to change to a moderate standard room from my value room ( I have a free dining pin code) and POFQ came available yesterday afternoon! Since I paid the difference in the dining plan it really only cost me $130 more.. SCORE!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #145
gorjus121
Mouseketeer

I just rebooked my vacation for one night in early November on the 6th. Heading to our off-property timeshare for 8 days after. BC & Boardwalk had no rooms left at the special rate, but we got a standard view at the Yacht Club which is fine. Just wanted to be close to Epcot. When did the discount start for the late fall?

• 2014 - Yacht Club/Marriott Harbour Lake
  • 2013 - Polynesian/Marriott Grande Vista
  • 2012 - Contemporary/Marriott Harbour Lake

Last edited by gorjus121; 07-24-2014 at 04:49 PM.
gorjus121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #146
pepperandchips
[melinda]

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
It came in my email a couple weeks ago. Was a long maybe 16-20 digit promo code, one time use, exp 7/27.
I just noticed on the orbitz website that there is an automatic promo for $60 in extra Orbucks when you book a Disney stay. I already booked my stay through Orbitz last night so I'll be thrilled if I get an extra $60 credit for my next trip! Also there is a public 15% discount, it's EMAIL15. Sooooo excited!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #147
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121 View Post
BC & Boardwalk had no rooms left at the special rate, but we got a standard view at the Yacht Club which is fine. Just wanted to be close to Epcot. When did the discount start for the late fall?
The discount was just released yesterday, but it started with limited or no availability for alot of dates and resorts. Glad you were able to find something. We snagged one night at the Poly!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu, HHI), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, CBR)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: Poly, OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: Vero (Done: HHI)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #148
gorjus121
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
The discount was just released yesterday, but it started with limited or no availability for alot of dates and resorts. Glad you were able to find something. We snagged one night at the Poly!
Thanks!

Now I see availability for a garden view at the YC for 8 dollars more, do I switch from a standard view? I knows theres a chance for a garden view with standard but I just don't want a view of a parking lot. ...and the BC (originally our first choice) now has a pool/lagoon view available but its $70 more. We are only there one night, so probably not worth it to switch??

Old 07-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #149
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121 View Post
Thanks!

Now I see availability for a garden view at the YC for 8 dollars more, do I switch from a standard view? I knows theres a chance for a garden view with standard but I just don't want a view of a parking lot. ...and the BC (originally our first choice) now has a pool/lagoon view available but its $70 more. We are only there one night, so probably not worth it to switch??
If you really don't want a view of the parking lot, I would switch to guarantee you get a garden view. If it's not that big a deal, then you can take the gamble for one night and maybe even inquire at check-in about getting a different view. I don't think switching for $70 more is worth it, though.

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu, HHI), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, CBR)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: Poly, OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: Vero (Done: HHI)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #150
gorjus121
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
If you really don't want a view of the parking lot, I would switch to guarantee you get a garden view. If it's not that big a deal, then you can take the gamble for one night and maybe even inquire at check-in about getting a different view. I don't think switching for $70 more is worth it, though.
Thanks. I just called.. quick change on and off the phone in about 3 mins. The pictures Ive seen look nice with garden views. I read it again, and with standard you could have a rooftop view as well. For $8 more this is worth the guarantee. Thanks!

...and I can't justify paying $70 more for the BC when I might not get a full balcony, plus we get to use the same pool.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: