Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 06:33 AM   #1
chatty
MICHIGANDER

Late fall 2014 room only discount out

LATE FALL 2014 ROOM ONLY DISCOUNT OUT THIS MORNING..
I think they are Not so good...
they would not convert my room to the discount since it was already sold out like many of the other resort rooms..
chatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:38 AM   #2
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Yup noticed this too when I was checking for my parent Beach Club reservation in Nov. I already have free dining at POFQ so I don't need this discount. They already have free dining at BC but they prefer QS dining but it says Yacht and Beach Club are already sold out!!!!!

tinkerbella16 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
LATE FALL 2014 ROOM ONLY DISCOUNT OUT THIS MORNING..
I think they are Not so good...
they would not convert my room to the discount since it was already sold out like many of the other resort rooms..
Sometimes it's easier to search online first, and get an idea of what might be available. A category, resort or date change may result in good savings.

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #4
Starwind
Earning My Ears

Disney's link for the offer:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/sp...rt-hotel-room/

and details:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/sp...-room/details/

minimum 1 night stay, max 14 nights.

We just called and changed our November post-cruise 2 night BC garden view room from a AAA 15% discount to the Fall RO 30% discount, saving ~$142 for our two night stay. *happydance*

BTW, at ~7:20 am ET we were the CM's first late fall RO discount offer customer :-) She was great, I only waited a couple minutes on hold before speaking with her, and the whole transaction only took a couple minutes.

Before calling I quickly priced BC for our dates to see what availability was like for the offer -- only GV was available, which is what we were already in.

-SW
Starwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #5
BrerMaw
Earning My Ears

We are already booked for this time frame at POFQ. I called to see if they could apply the discount & they couldn't do it, they said it's showing unavailable. Why can't they just apply it if I'm already booked, any ideas?
BrerMaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
Starwind
Earning My Ears

I will add another check I did:

Our pre-cruise stay is 3 nights at WL, Woods View. We got the FD for that portion on the day FD opened to the public.

The Late Fall RO discount for our WL dates would be 25%. However, just checking online, there is no availability for the Late Fall RO discount for our dates. For RO with NO discount there are only standard and water view rooms currently available at WL for the same dates.

So, it appears based on the BC and WL checks that some resorts may already have very limited availability for the Late Fall RO discount for at least of the dates within the discount period.

-SW
Old 07-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #7
Hmk012
Mouseketeer

Doesn't seem like it's that good. I have clients at GF and Contemp and neither is showing up for the discount during their dates!

Mommy to Princess Katie and Lexi
1985~1st Trip to Disney
1994~Spring Break
2002~Offsite2003~Poly and cruise2007~March...just for the day!
2007~Dec. staying at the Pop and can't wait! Ended up at the Contemporary and LOVED IT!
Dec. 09~Grand Floridian Club Level!
July 2010-Pop and CRB...non park stay
Oct. 2010
-[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Surprise Little Girls trip to Pop
March 2012-Group Cruise on Dream
Hmk012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:15 AM   #8
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMaw View Post
We are already booked for this time frame at POFQ. I called to see if they could apply the discount & they couldn't do it, they said it's showing unavailable. Why can't they just apply it if I'm already booked, any ideas?
They discount available rooms, not rooms that are already reserved. If there is availability for the discount for your dates, resort, and room category, they "apply" it to your reservation. Otherwise, sometimes it's well worth going online to get an idea of what may be available. A slight alteration might yield good savings.

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #9
BrerMaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
They discount available rooms, not rooms that are already reserved. If there is availability for the discount for your dates, resort, and room category, they "apply" it to your reservation. Otherwise, sometimes it's well worth going online to get an idea of what may be available. A slight alteration might yield good savings.
Gotcha! Oh well, foiled again, no FD, & no discount for us. Thanks!!
BrerMaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #10
Starwind
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMaw View Post
My PURE GUESS would be they have X amount of rooms allocated to the offer at a resort, spread across the dates and possibly across room categories. The number is a finite number of rooms allocated to the special rate.

For some resorts, like WL in my post above, there is no availability at all for certain dates with the late fall RO special. Thus, there are no "late fall RO special" allocated rooms that they can (virtually) switch you to because none are available at your resort for that the timeframe you want.

So, if resort A has zero rooms available on the special rate for Dates 1-3, if those are the dates you want at that resort they have nothing to switch you to (at that resort). if you had wanted Dates 4-6, hypothetically there may be availability, or if you wanted Dates 1-3 at a different resort, there may also be availability.

Note though, if you are not dead-set on that resort, there may be other resorts with availability for the dates you need.

I note again the above is a GUESS about how their system may work.

Another quick example:

For our November pre-cruise WL dates (for which we currently have FD and will stick with that), there is zero availability for the Late Fall RO offer. I just checked for other Deluxe options FOR OUR DATES:

WL is unavailable

AKL has only standard club level rooms.

Poly only has theme Park view Club Level rooms.

Saratoga springs has only 1 bedroom villa.

Beach Club is unavailable.

Yacht Club is unavailable.

Boardwalk Inn has only Garden room club level.

Some other category types:

Pop Century has none available.

All Star Music has standard rooms and family rooms available.

Port Orleans riverside has only King Bed rooms.

Clear trend for the dates we would want: not much available.

-SW
Old 07-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #11
somesong2sing
Mouseketeer

every single resort I check for a new reservation has nothing available. I just get annoyed when they release deals, then availability is literally so slim, that you can't get it. Bummer.

I was just trying to see comparable what it would be for a RO discount for February and get a guestimate. LOL But still, I feel bad for those looking for the RO discount and slim pickins for rooms.

Does anyone know what the BB offer is now and if it includes 2015? I am hoping that with the July 30 release dates for packages for next year, that the BB in August will include 2015 because we are returning in February.

Me, Dh, DS(13), DD(7)

somesong2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #12
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

Booked a bounceback for POP in May - then I decided to add 1 night - Called to add the 1 night to the bounceback but POP wasn't available for that night. So just booked a reg reservation online - the bounceback rate + the 1 night regular rate is still cheaper than the current offer so I am sticking with my 2 reservations.
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:29 AM   #13
somesong2sing
Mouseketeer

aren't bounceback typically the same as the RO discounts or is it usually an additional percentage or FD

Me, Dh, DS(13), DD(7)

somesong2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #14
ParrishFamily
Where we finding baby there's milk near by

Unhappy

Been on hold for 40 minutes.....argh
ParrishFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #15
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

My bounceback was cheaper for the value - I got more than 15% which is the current offer.
Looking at the 2 rates paid for the room only (1 bounceback and 1 regular online rate) I received 25% off the regular price room rate with the bounceback
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: