Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
omegsmom
Mouseketeer

Dinner party not all on dining plan

If my family of 4 gets the dining plan and my in-laws use their Table in Wonder discount, can we all go to dinner together at a table service restaurant and sit together? Someone told me that all members of the dining party needed to be on the dining plan... Can we pay for our's with our dining plan and they pay for their's with their Table in Wonder discount and cash/credit card? Thanks. I'm new to the dining plan and still hoping for free dining this spring...

1996 PO, 2000 AS Movies, 2002 Dolphin, 2009 POFQ,
2010 POFQ, 2012 Pop, 2014 AS Sports
omegsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegsmom View Post
If my family of 4 gets the dining plan and my in-laws use their Table in Wonder discount, can we all go to dinner together at a table service restaurant and sit together? Someone told me that all members of the dining party needed to be on the dining plan... Can we pay for our's with our dining plan and they pay for their's with their Table in Wonder discount and cash/credit card? Thanks. I'm new to the dining plan and still hoping for free dining this spring...
yes, you absolutely can. tell your waiter and they will make two checks, no problem at all. Maybe whoever told you that was confusing that with all people on a room reservation have to be on the same dining.

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

All members need to be on the DDP if you plan on using the plan for everyone at the table. However if you are using the DDP and other family is using TIW it's just fine.

For example you cannot use your credits to buy meals for people not on the DDP.

Feb 2015 Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Melanie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
omegsmom
Mouseketeer

So, does it matter which one of us makes the reservation? What if they offer free dining during that time frame - will it matter who makes the reservation (the ones with the dining plan or the ones on TiW)? One person is planning to call and make the reservations for our whole group.

Thanks.

1996 PO, 2000 AS Movies, 2002 Dolphin, 2009 POFQ,
2010 POFQ, 2012 Pop, 2014 AS Sports
omegsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegsmom View Post
So, does it matter which one of us makes the reservation? What if they offer free dining during that time frame - will it matter who makes the reservation (the ones with the dining plan or the ones on TiW)? One person is planning to call and make the reservations for our whole group.

Thanks.
No. Anyone can make the reservation for the entire group. Be sure to include everyone who will be at the table. If there are 6 or more of you in the group, even though you'll be getting separate checks, you will also be subject to the 18% automatic service charge. The dining plan is just a method of payment and has no bearing on making reservations except...

...the only time it will make a difference whether you or your friend is making the reservation is for the pre-paid dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, luau, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue) and CRT if your family wants to use dining plan credits. In this case you can make the reservation for everyone (including your friends) and your friends can pay when they pick up their show tickets or when dining at CRT. If your friend makes the reservation, it'll be the opposite process - when you pick up your tickets/dine at CRT and want to use dining credits, your friend's credit card will be refunded.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: