Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

What happens if you leave something on the ship?

Now that I have finally finished all the wash from our cruise and Disney stay I realize that I am missing 2 swimsuits. I know we had them on the cruise but never wore them. I could not find them when we got to Disney. Any chance that if we left them in the room they will get returned?

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twingles View Post
Now that I have finally finished all the wash from our cruise and Disney stay I realize that I am missing 2 swimsuits. I know we had them on the cruise but never wore them. I could not find them when we got to Disney. Any chance that if we left them in the room they will get returned?
There is a lost and found, and you can file a claim. If they find them, they will be turned in and sent to lost and found after the cruise following yours.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"

We forgot to empty a drawer of my husband's clothes on one cruise. We didn't even realize it until we got home & had a voice mail from DCL saying our stateroom host had found them. DCL shipped them to our home free of charge.

If you left them in your stateroom, I would have expected a similar response. I would call DCL and inquire.
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Castaway April
Mouseketeer

My husband left his beloved Blackhawks hat in the security line after Castaway Cay. (We used our photos to guess where he left it!) He called when we got home and they mailed it to us. Love DCL.

Magic Transatlantic 2015 Port Canaveral New York City St John's Reykjavik Oslo Copenhagen
Castaway April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Hopefully you get them! Sounds like others on here have been lucky with getting things returned. We have been less so. On our cruise DD left his lovey in the room and cried for weeks when we couldn't find it. I actually noticed in the airport and called DCL immediately. We continued calling every week to check in and no one ever found it. Also my husband lost his wedding ring on our cruise as well. (It wasn't the best vacation for us in terms of having our things get home!!!) I was crushed and was praying it would show up on the Magic's remodel but nope. So hubby doesn't wear a ring any more. Maybe some day I will get him a new one, but it won't be the same as the one I gave him 13 years ago. I can't believe he lost it on the ship!! He even knows where he was when it slipped off his finger, but if someone else found it, they never turned it in and DCL never did call and say they had it, so I am thinking at this point it is truly gone.

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #6
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

My son lost a souvenir hat on the morning of debarkation. Had it at breakfast... But not after customs! Filed a lost and found report but never got a call.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Hopefully you get them! Sounds like others on here have been lucky with getting things returned. We have been less so. On our cruise DD left his lovey in the room and cried for weeks when we couldn't find it. I actually noticed in the airport and called DCL immediately. We continued calling every week to check in and no one ever found it. Also my husband lost his wedding ring on our cruise as well. (It wasn't the best vacation for us in terms of having our things get home!!!) I was crushed and was praying it would show up on the Magic's remodel but nope. So hubby doesn't wear a ring any more. Maybe some day I will get him a new one, but it won't be the same as the one I gave him 13 years ago. I can't believe he lost it on the ship!! He even knows where he was when it slipped off his finger, but if someone else found it, they never turned it in and DCL never did call and say they had it, so I am thinking at this point it is truly gone.
I could have sworn that there was a post a few months back, that someone found a man's wedding ring?!! Does anyone recall this, have you done a search for it on the Dis?
Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
Jillpie

Quote:
I found the thread I was talking about below!! I hope it's your DH's ring!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t+wedding+ring
Old 12-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

I left clothes onboard by mistake and they sent them home to me.

(We also left our toiletry bag at the Contemporary once and they shipped it to us.

DH also had a lost cell phone turned in once at Epcot. Better luck than at home when he lost his iPhone it was gone forever.)

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #10
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

Dd left a pair of tennis shoes on castaway cay. Never saw them again.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #11
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

I left a MM jacket in our closet and they shipped it to me. I realized I left it before we even left the ship but when I returned to our cabin, our SRH had already sent it to his manager to sends to lost & found.
Once we debarked it still had not made its way to L&F but they assured us they would send it and they did.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

I will say it's not just necessarily something left on the ship that they can work magic with.

When we went on our family cruise this summer, my sister gave my dad the CC backpack as she was the only CC member pre-cruise and didn't need the backpack. Daddy had packed stuff in it including his meds, shaving kit, flip flops and a couple of shirts he had purchased on the trip. He had it at breakfast and as far as we knew all the time after.

Well, after we'd had lunch and Mom and Daddy had left to start their drive home, my sister and a friend and I were heading to EPCOT when we got a call from Mom asking if it had been left in my sister's car or our friends' apartment. We checked, but couldn't find it anywhere.

We did recall being on the Country Inn & Suites shuttle with another family from the cruise, and in conversation we learned that they were going to WDW - and when the boys went to the bathroom that they were staying at the GF (that was a surprise for the boys). So we wondered if perhaps it had mistakenly gotten into their car when we were all unloading and loading. They called CI&S but no backpack had been found or turned in. So Daddy contacted DCL - shoreside concierge in our case as he had that information - and gave them all the information. They sent the word out to the port, and also contacted someone at the GF. A couple of days later, Daddy got a call from the person at the GF and while he didn't know personally that anything had been turned in, he was going to check and get back to Daddy, but said the odds were likely slim.

Then at the end of the week, Mom answered the phone to someone calling from the GF to verify the address. The backpack had been turned in. We figure the family probably accidentally put it in their car thinking it was theirs, then left it in the car until repacking after being at WDW. But regardless, it was sent FedEx to Daddy and he had it by Tuesday of the following week.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #13
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
I found the thread I was talking about below!! I hope it's your DH's ring!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t+wedding+ring
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! Going to PM them now!

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
Jessica Sloan
Mouseketeer

How awesome would that be!?
Old 12-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #15
Jillpie

Quote:
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! Going to PM them now!
Oh I hope it works! Any news yet?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: