Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #31
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Apparently I only took one picture of dinner, lol.

Here are our wonderful servers, cannot say enough good things about them.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #32
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Then it was off to the fireworks

DS 12 said he didn't want to go and wanted to chill in the room. When we came back to the room he was coming down the hall and said he had decided to go at the last minute but couldn't find us and missed the fireworks, he was disappointed
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #33
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

A picture of the bath tub, lol.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #34
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

The night before I had mentioned to our cabin steward that DS6 loved elephants and asked if she knew how to make a towel elephant. Also that night I accidently knocked the pig she had made off the bed and DS 6 was so upset. He begged me to ask her to remake it but it was late and I told him no way! The next night we came back to an elephant and another pig. He was so happy. He's the youngest and somehow he manages to get everyone to give him exactly what he wants. I think it's the dimples.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #35
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Sea Day Brunch at Remy's

We had told the kids when we got onboard that we had one special time planned just for us and need them to go to the Oceaneers Club with their little brother. That is one thing we loved about DCL, all the boys could go to the same club which made things easier for the little guy. When we went on RCI we tried to leave him in the club once but he only stayed for about 5 mins. I could also see this as a negative if you had one little shy child and they had to run around with all those big kids, but for us it was great. And it turned out that he loved the kids clubs on DCL so much he didn't even need his brothers.

One the sea day we were excited to get some alone time by going to brunch at Remy's. On the way to dropping the kids off DH and DS12 got distracted by the Diaper Dash contest and stayed to watch for a little while.

The server pointed out all the places that Remy is hidden in the restaurant so of course I had to take pictures of all of them.

The outdoor seating area of the Meridian Lounge
Old 04-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #36
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Remy Brunch

We decided to add the Champagne pairings to the brunch. The food and service were exceptional.

Look at DH's face in the background. I think this is when he was thinking that I really didn't need anymore champagne or I would spend the rest of the day napping. We easily could have shared a champagne pairing and been fine. Live and learn. I stopped drinking the entire glass of each one and only took a 15 minute nap after

Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #37
smalltowngirl504
Mouseketeer

:)

Hello! We have so much in common!! I liked your TR!!

I also have 3 boys and have given up FB for lent Thanks for sharing your experience!!

smalltowngirl504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #38
disneyfanbecky
Mouseketeer

Great trip report - thanks for the review on the sports simulators too!
disneyfanbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #39
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

The cool thing about being on a Disney cruise is that characters just pop up here and there. There are times listed in the Navigator that tells when they will be out and many times the lines are pretty long, but sometimes they just show up when you are walking by

Old 04-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #40
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

We participated in an FE exchange, it was a lot of fun find the neat gifts each time we returned to our cabin. What was not fun was trying to deliver all the gifts with the kids in tow. They wanted to help which was great, but it's a huge ship and I was losing my patience trying to keep track of who we had delivered what and where we were going next with them "helping" me and fighting over who was going to do what. If I did it again, I would consider sneaking out to do it myself, or maybe sending them out without me, lol.

Our FE

Door Magnets made with help from the great folks here!

Old 04-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #41
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Some pictures from around the ship.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #42
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

DH and I spent the whole time comparing DCL to Carnival and RCI cruise we had been on. In the end he told me we could book a future cruise, but I just couldn't decide and waited too long to do it and I've been kicking myself ever since.

DCL is wonderful. We never did decide definitively if we thought it is worth the extra money's worth of wonderful but we are definitely glad we did it and if we have lots of cash laying around in the future, would like to do it again.

Ship: Pros - The Dream was a great ship, beautiful. Love the colors and the Disney everywhere, loved the ships horn and announcement tones. The room was the biggest we have ever had and the split bathroom was nice. there was something for everyone of every age to enjoy from little ones through teens to adults in and out of the kids clubs. On the sea day DS 6 and DS10 had a ball playing Mid Ship Detective Agency. Not sure where DS12 was, probably off playing mini golf. Cons - It was so crowded. Especially during the special events when everyone had to come and go from one spot. We went in early September and it was super hot out on deck (not the ship's fault) but the pools were warm, the showers were warm it was just hot.

Kids Clubs: My boys participated in the Oceaneers Lab, Oceaneers Club and the Edge Club. DS10 enjoyed the games he played in the Edge, he also enjoyed a cooking class there. DS6 enjoyed the Oceaneers Lab and Club enough to even go without his brothers, which says A LOT! The CMs were wonderful with the kids, they had computers and games to play on and lots of interactive activities, the characters even stopped by. And we got to do some fun things in there with him. This was definitely an area where Disney excelled over the other lines we have been on. Con - Check in and check out could be a little crazy when there were a lot of parents trying to drop off and pick up, it was hard to tell where the line began.

Shows: My boys and probably DH too (although he knew better than give me a hard time about my plan, lol) gave me a hard time about going to the show the first night. After the first night they were sold. They loved the shows, probably one of their favorite parts of the cruise. Once again, something for every age. No cons here. Bring some movie theater candy to bring to the shows.

Food: I personally liked the food better on both Carnival and RCI, but DH said he liked DCL and RCI both the same and better than Carnival. It was neat to move restaurants while keeping the same servers. We started in Animator's Palate and the boys kept wanting to go there again, but it was only a 4 night cruise so we couldn't. The servers were wonderful. They felt like family even after just 4 nights. The food by the pool was decent, typical cruise buffet food. Plenty of kid friendly stuff.

Gotta run to soccer practice, be back to finish the overall review. Any questions?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: