Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #16
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in. Looking forward to hearing all about the cruise.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #17
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Joining in on reading your TR. Thanks for taking the time to share your vacation with us.

Laura
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #18
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Nassau

Sorry, real life got it the way for a little bit, now back to reliving the Dream.

Day 2 we woke up pulling into Nassau. This is pretty funny because I had asked on the boards if the boys would be able to see Atlantis from the boat. We have talked in the past about going there, the commercials are on every other minute. DH and I went for the day on a previous cruise. But we decided on this trip to just stay on the boat since it was a short cruise and we wanted to take advantage of activities on board. Since the cruise was a surprise and they didn't get a part in the decision I was afraid if they saw it and recognized it, they would be disappointed. Thank goodness they were fine with not going because it was kind of hard to miss, lol.

We relaxed and got up slowly. I went up to Cabanas and brought back an assortment of breakfast. Then we went up to lay by the pool and check out the Aqua Duck. The pool was definitely less crowded than on the sea day but there were still a lot of folks that decided to stay onboard.

On this day you could still move around in the pool. On the sea day I was a wreck because my little one is at the age where he is refusing to wear water wings and wants to swim on his own. Which is fine unless he has to weave his way through lots of people and I couldn't touch bottom so I wasn't much help. Much easier for DH since we could just walk around and grab him. And of course the little guy was "too big" for the other pool and Flounders Reef.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #19
colachdec
Mouseketeer

Mom of three boys here, too
We are getting ready to go on. Our third cruise in a few weeks! Love reading about your surprise trip!!
colachdec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #20
silkie8
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying your Trip Report. Sounds like everyone is having a great time, love the smiling faces in all your photos. (ditto the OP -- there are Never "too many" photos). Looking forward to when you get to Castaway Cay.
silkie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #21
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Nassau Day Continued

Sorry for the long break.

So we hung out by the pool for a while and then we decided to go to the Oceaneers Lab for Sloppy Science. It was a lot of fun! DS12 and DH stopped to do the Chip it Golf first, DS 12 love golf!

DS 10 decided to go to The Edge for a little while but joined us half way through.

Professor Make O Mess was hysterical!

I made DH take this picture because I have never seen wine on tap before. LOL.

We had dinner that night in the Enchanted Garten. We loved our servers. Once again the assistant kept the kids entertained with logic puzzles and jokes.

Towel Animal of the night.

After the kids got in bed we went out on the balcony and realized we had stopped. I guess it's not very far from Nassau to Castaway Cay. I couldn't get over the color of the water. I wonder if Disney has special lighting to make it look so blue.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #22
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Don't you hate it when someone starts a review and never finishes it. Me too!

So sorry! I'm on a facebook break for Lent so maybe I can get this done.

Where were we....I guess waking up in Castaway Cay bright and early for the 5K that I surprised DS12 with. He was not super excited especially since we didn't pack his running shoes, but he was a good sport

It was HOT! and HUMID! But it was fun and we got a free plastic Mickey "medal.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #23
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

The best part of 5ks is the celebration drink after! I celebrated with a delicious and super cold BBC. Yum! Then we played in the water for a while until it was time to go swim with the sting rays.

Lunch, the BBQ was delicious! I could even enjoy it with my braces, it was so tender.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #24
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

We went over for our reserved time to swim with the sting rays. They gave us a little introduction and some education on the sting rays, then we suited up.

DS 12 was not looking forward to swimming with the sting rays, in fact he was scared to death, this is him trying to look excited.

We all went out into the water and they had stations set up to feed the sting rays. They were trained to swim up a ramp and over your hand to get the food. We were all in the water and forgot to take pictures of this part. DS 6 and DS 12 were too scared to try it.

DS 12 was pretty skittish the whole time, but he tried, the other two loved swimming with them.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #25
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Back to the boat. I remember it being super hot at this point.

They were passing out chilled towels before you got back on board. I said, "Where were you people after the race?!"

Looking back at Castaway Cay

You all said there no such thing as too many pictures, right?

Old 04-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #26
lulucornbread
Mouseketeer

Loved your trip report!
lulucornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #27
plannermom
Mouseketeer

Hey, wait a minute, you're not done yet, right?

The beauty of joining late is that the gap in reporting isn't at all noticeable!

I am taking DS13 and DS11 on our first (Disney) cruise this October and appreciate your report! You have to frame the picture with the Disney pillow, it is absolutely adorable.

What did the boys think in the end? Did the cruise rate compared to Disney? I'm taking my boys on the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman and hope they are feeling brave that day!

plannermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #28
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannermom View Post
Hey, wait a minute, you're not done yet, right?

The beauty of joining late is that the gap in reporting isn't at all noticeable!

I am taking DS13 and DS11 on our first (Disney) cruise this October and appreciate your report! You have to frame the picture with the Disney pillow, it is absolutely adorable.

What did the boys think in the end? Did the cruise rate compared to Disney? I'm taking my boys on the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman and hope they are feeling brave that day!

Nope not done. Hope to get Pirate Night posted tonight. Let me know if you have any specific questions for that age group and I'll try to answer.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #29
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

After a fun day in Castaway Cay it was time to get ready for Pirate Night. First we went up on deck for the pirate party. It was packed. We couldn't see the stage very well but they show it all on the big screen so we were able to see that.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:37 PM   #30
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

After the pirate party we went and got family pictures done in our pirate costumes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: