Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
canadawithboys
Earning My Ears

Free Parking at Resorts for Guests?

I'm specifically looking at Art of Animation resort, and wondered if there is complimentary parking for guests at the Disney Resorts?
Thanks! :D
canadawithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Yes. And at the parks.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
DVC California
Try this weird hybrid sometime: DisneyQuest + Water Parks Annual Pass.......it's a blast!

Upon check-in, you will be issued an AoA dashboard parking permit. That and/or your KTTW (room card) will provide you with complimentary parking at AoA and the theme parks.

If you plan to visit other WDW resorts, parking is limited to three (3) hours if you are not staying at that specific resort.

HTH, Steve
DVC California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

For the benefit of any lurkers that might be staying at other Disney resorts, the above info applies equally to them as well.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Also, whenever you drive to the security gate at the resort and parks, have your KTTW handy as they will ask to see it in addition to the parking pass on the dashboard.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
canadawithboys
Earning My Ears

Oh my gosh, thank you! You have no idea how excited I am to hear that we get free parking at the Disney parks as well! I did not know this before!! It's so expensive and here I was thinking we'd have to use shuttles as much as possible in order to avoid wasting money!
:D :D :D
canadawithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Also, whenever you drive to the security gate at the resort and parks, have your KTTW handy as they will ask to see it in addition to the parking pass on the dashboard.
With the KTTW card being phased out and replaced by magic bands, if the guards want to see additional proof that you are actually staying at a WDW hotel what are they going to do, scan your wrist? Does anyone know?
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
With the KTTW card being phased out and replaced by magic bands, if the guards want to see additional proof that you are actually staying at a WDW hotel what are they going to do, scan your wrist?
Yup.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadawithboys View Post
Oh my gosh, thank you! You have no idea how excited I am to hear that we get free parking at the Disney parks as well! I did not know this before!! It's so expensive and here I was thinking we'd have to use shuttles as much as possible in order to avoid wasting money!
:D :D :D
We used to stay off-site, then tried Dixie Landings (POR) in 1993. We were hooked, and never stayed off-site again. If you don't need a family suite, I would suggest you look at Pop Century, which is directly across the lake from AoA. It's cheaper, it has many discounts during the year (AoA doesn't have discounts bc it's new and popular), and you can access AoA by a short walk across the lake via the Generation Gap bridge. So you have access to all of AoA's artistry, food court, gift shop and buses, without paying the premium price.

Disney can be considered expensive compared to off-site hotels, but there are many perks that add considerable value. The resorts are close-in (time savings, especially for taking a mid-day break), free resort parking (saves $10-15/nite), free car parking at theme parks ($15/day savings), free package delivery from parks to your resort (saves carrying souvenir bags around the parks all day), EMH (priceless), Magic Bands & FP+ (latest technology).

We drive to WDW and park at the theme parks, except MK. Lots of people do this, too. Because from the MK parking lot to the MK front gate, you have to cross Seven Seas Lagoon, either by ferry or monorail. It's a time-sink. OTOH, the MK bus arrives near the MK front gate, on the other side of the lake. I would recommend this strategy for you, too.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
At the parks, I was simply waived through when I showed them the pass - didn't even have to come to a full stop.

At resorts, I was never asked for my KTTW card. I was asked for ID, though - I just showed them my license and that was good enough.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
At the parks, I was simply waived through when I showed them the pass - didn't even have to come to a full stop.

At resorts, I was never asked for my KTTW card. I was asked for ID, though - I just showed them my license and that was good enough.
I wish they would have a separate resort guest lane at the parking lot entrances, just like the buses have. I get SO impatient when going to a park that I hate it when I have to wait for someone to pay

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
I wish they would have a separate resort guest lane at the parking lot entrances, just like the buses have. I get SO impatient when going to a park that I hate it when I have to wait for someone to pay
It wouldn't matter if there was a separate lane. There would be non-resort guests who would use it and most would just be confused but the Cast Members would still have to be set up to take payment and provide information. And I'll bet it's the same way in the "bus only" lanes. Only most people see only buses and get the idea quicker.

Disney World is a place where you can make the world's worst mistake and an "employee" will make it seem like it's no big deal and it happens all the time.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #13
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post

Same experience. When visiting a resort that was not my own they wanted ID, not the KTTW card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
The people that take ages to pay would just get into the guest-only lanes and it would be the same situation. Like the lady I saw with a big heavy backpack heading straight for the no-bags line at the parks, as the employee was saying (loudly) "NO bags, NO bags line".

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: