Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #46
carmelhp
Mouseketeer
 
carmelhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
It's Laundry people!! Let's not take this thing way out of proportion!!
You'd think she confessed to the Lindbergh kidnapping. Hardly the crime of the century.
__________________
carmelhp is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #47
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 44,597

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Not sure what the whole showing of room keys and parking passes means. Anyone can drive to a WDW owned resort and park there if they are visiting the resort. You don't need to show any ID.
You do have to show ID. Every time we drove onto a different property where our magic band didn't work to open the gate (= everywhere but POR where we were staying) we had to show the ID of one adult in the car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
i am no mind reader..but your actions revealed your intent.
for ex., i am sure you take your laundry with you whenever
you play tennis. guilt seem to be your guide because of lack
of justification? yes...it true....if one compares what others
say vs what they are doing...is more accurate.
I disagree 100%.

They STATED, quite clearly, that the intention was *to do laundry and PAY FOR IT* while playing tennis. I don't see a single thing wrong with that intention. When they got to the laundry room, they found that the machines wouldn't take their money. I'm guessing that there are very few people in this world who wouldn't take that as a little gift and continue doing the laundry. Very few people would think "hmm, something's up, I better not do laundry here".

I was doing laundry at POR and the signs stated quite clearly that the cycles are 30 minutes each. My dryer's cycle took nearly 45 minutes. I obviously got far more time than I paid for. Should I have taken the laundry out at 30 minutes? Did I steal 15 minutes of hot air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonogirl View Post
Wasnt going to post but as a DVC member of 15 years I believe poster WAS bragging about the free laundry she recieved, especially after putting at the end of her post.
Emoticons describe feelings. The OP was excited to find that out. The OP was celebrating that discovery on that day. Hence the emoticon. Doesn't signal the original intent at all. And it doesn't mean that we can now expect that poster to go to do laundry there forever.


On our first trip we went to Kona for breakfast and then wanted to head to MK for a few hours. I asked the concierge desk people the best way to get to the TTC lot so we could go there. All the concierge people there looked at me like I was crazy and told me to just leave my car at the Poly. It wasn't a big deal, they (the people talking to me, I'm not saying they were speaking for all of the Poly) have NEVER had a car towed for such a thing, please just leave the car there and take the monorail to MK and have a great time.

They didn't actually tell me how to get to TTC, and like I said, it was our first trip and we were still very much lost and confused. So we followed their directions. And it was pretty cool. I tell that story very much like day-day tells their story. It was neat. I did this:

And on our recent trip, we had an early reservation at the Wave and then a FULL day at MK planned. So we...yep, paid for Valet at the Contemporary so we had a bonafide and absolute right to park there all day. I still celebrate that moment at the Poly, but it certainly wasn't our intent and it definitely did not lead to longterm bad behaviour.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
1. The poster specifcially stated "I brought the laundry to wash while we were playing and found out there was no charge for the washer and dryers."
The key words are "found out". The poster did not know.

2. Also the same poster stated in another post that she brought quarters. So if the poster knew it was free, why did she bring quarters?

I'd be psyched too if I went to do laundry, and discovered it was free (without knowing it was taboo for me).

Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ohanaof5 View Post
I was at AKL Kidani last week and used the laundry room, there is a sign on the wall that states the use of the laundry facilities are for DVC members. Why is there a sign if it's for everyone?
So where's the laundry room for NON-members who are staying at Kidani? If that sign really means what it says, what do the family members of DVC members, the friends using their points, and the people who booked cash through Disney do?

Maybe the sign doesn't mean what it says?
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #48
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran
 
crazycatlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,058

I agree with bumbershoot. Very well stated.
__________________
Amy DH::DS(18) DD(17): Feta The Count KiKi Ben Luke

November, 2013-Wilderness Lodge
October, 2012- POP Century
October, 2011- POP Century
October, 2010- POP Century
October, 2009- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
October, 2003- Off-site Marriott Grande Vista
February, 2001-Off-site Marriott Royal Palms
October, 1999- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
crazycatlady is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #49
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,778

i seen your pattern before, & well familiar with your tactics...
& i am not impress....no matter how you twist the facts.

...but to drive the point to your ways of thinking ....if you
walk in a store , and there is no clerk...you just help
yourself without paying?

nor do i think you don't add your opinions without cause.
makes me wonder how many others things in dvc that
you extend this attitude toward, "helping yourself",
bump.s? (see?) i read many of your other posts here so
i am not surprise @ what you are projecting.

if you want to debate, then pick a neutral topic & we
will see if you can defend your manipulations. your
a resale owner if i remember right? but for here,
the only fact that would support your claim...was the
poster a dvc member &/or did she- have "free"
laundry @ the resort she was staying?


this topic has a *real dvc issue in that dvc collect members
due for these expenses...so they are in trust to prevent
others from stealing. are you claiming that dvc does not
charge members for laundry? and as a paying member,
every one in this status, should not be paying for others
..walking into dvc facilities , and walking out scott
free.

oh, so that you know...there are other "points" that clearly
showed the intentions of the poster. i did not list them
because i think it is more dvc "duty" to stop the stealing.

as for those making it out to be a joke, are not owners?
what you are not aware of , there are many /similar
issues that are costing $ . it like the "friend" that is
always taking & borrowing but never offering a
thing in return. not much of a friend, to me.

worst..you are protecting something you have been
doing.

however, that was not my main point i was trying to make.
rationalization is a real condition where practice to a fault,
can be fatal. for ex., giving oxygen to a copd pt.
with breathing problems can kill them.
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #50
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,778

hi dvc worker? hope this issue "caught" your attention.

it should. especially if you adding these costs -non.members
using / stealing from owners...because isn't it your job
to stop it ? & if you know this is going on, & do nothing
...is an ethical issue. ( due to $ ).

also i think dvc owners are learning more about what
is costing their dues to rise via hidden costs. in facts,
it is threads like this that enlighten my understanding.
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 01:08 AM   #51
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,778

oops...i see your signature cclady..so what is your interest
when you don't have a "dime" in this argument?

oh, we like cats, & dogs too.
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #52
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,778

special thanks to s,girl & my fellow dvc members.

..a lil'fyi....@ work we have to deal with professional drug
seekers qday. this is nothing compared to that level.

however, the reason i wanted to responded back..."is
to keep the focus on the subject" ....i think dvc is
not doing a good enough job to stop these kinds
of losses....& it bugs me how they add these losses
to the owners.

oh, i only recognized her resales from previous debate
so she knows the reference i was making. while we
are not resales, does not mean there is lesser value.
sometimes i think resales owners are more educated in
dvc and are good resources. what i have learn most
here, there are conflicting dvc owners..speaking
directly to those with rci connections. i think "what"
they are doing -like making rooms available by not
trading in--should be published in the dvc magazine.

anyhoo , special thanks again..& happy dvc-z-ing!
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #53
dansamy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lil' Grumpy
..a lil'fyi....@ work we have to deal with professional drug
seekers qday. this is nothing compared to that level.
Tell me about it.
dansamy is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #54
disney2014plan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 166

Not a DVC member here, although hoping to rent some points soon (at a place where the washer/dryers are in the villas), but I also read the the OP's post as not trying to deliberately rip off DVC members. If she continues to do the same, now knowing it was wrong, then of course she deserves all the comments that have been levelled at her.

Incidentally, Lil'Grumpy, are you suggesting that because no-one has a specific involvement, that they are not allowed to make any comment? If that were so, the boards would be a very quiet place! As you seem to labour the healthcare analogies, it's like saying that a man can't be a gynaecologist because he doesn't have a uterus.
disney2014plan is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #55
delilah18
Mouseketeer
 
delilah18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 490

Wow there has turned into such an angry thread
__________________
Me DH
DD 5 DS 3

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013

delilah18 is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #56
delilah18
Mouseketeer
 
delilah18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Wow this has turned into such an angry thread

Spelling mistake
__________________
Me DH
DD 5 DS 3

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013

delilah18 is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #57
Lynne M
 
Lynne M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 8,895
DISboards Moderator

Enough. We're done here.
Lynne M is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.