Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #31
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

Stock Direct From Disney - Disney Investment Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
How can I turn some of my shares into Certificate form before this?!? Any suggestions? I logged onto the new broadridge site and cate find any place or form to get book shares turned into certificates!
I finally got through to Broadbridge. If you want to get your paper certificate and already have stock - you need to overnight a letter with your account #, name and address and clearly state that you want X amount of paper stock certificates sent. They told me the request needs to be in writing and you cannot just request it over the phone.

Here is their overnight address (different from their standard one)

Disney Investor Relations
c/o Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions
1155 Long Island Avenue
Edgewood, NY 11717

If you go to the post office right away, you can overnight for about 20.00. UPS was around 30. My receipt says it is guaranteed to get there by 3:00PM tomorrow (10/16). Oh yes, and we sent multiple requests in one overnight envelope!

For those who do not have any stock -you can open an account with 250.00 minimum and overnight to the same address. Here is the form for new participants. They will deduct a 10 dollar and 5 dollar fee from your initial investment as fees. $10 for your enrollment fee and $5 for your investment fee. I forgot to ask if the initial investment needs to be $250 after they take out the $15 in fees though.

https://stockplans.broadridge.com/Co...llmentForm.pdf

Hope this helps!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
jennyerin
Mouseketeer

If you already have non-paper stocks, can you get a replica certificate for one of them or would you need to purchase another share and request a non-negotiable certificate at that time? I think it would be nice to have and I don't have to worry about losing any value if it gets damaged or lost...
jennyerin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyerin View Post
If you already have non-paper stocks, can you get a replica certificate for one of them or would you need to purchase another share and request a non-negotiable certificate at that time? I think it would be nice to have and I don't have to worry about losing any value if it gets damaged or lost...
Yes! I asked that as well. Much safer and less to have to keep up with!!! I have a feeling that is the one we will probably hang on the wall.

They don't really have the details on that yet - but as of right now they said you can just call and request the non stock - paper certificate for an existing share. I asked her if it looked just like the stock paper certificate and she said she thought so, but was not sure.

She did not really seem to know much about the non stock certificate paper.

Edited to Add: That is if you have the non paper stocks through the Walt Disney Investment Plan. If you own them through a broker - you would either need to buy one or have an existing one transferred to your name. If you buy through a broker, the stock is typically in the broker's name.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #34
ktlm
DIS Veteran

I'm heartbroken. I've always meant to do this for DD, but was going to wait until she was a little older. I was going to order it for Christmas this year (or her birthday after that if it didn't get here in time for Christmas)- I've always wanted one and never got one, so I was going to get one for myself as well. I've been at WDW, and didn't find out they were discontinuing them until we got back this week. I have absolutely ZERO interest in the replica or a certificate of acquisition. There was nowhere that I could get one at the last minute- every place had so many orders that most advised they weren't even going to be able to fill all the orders they already had.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #35
Disney Dynamite
Mouseketeer

For anyone who used giveashare.com to order, they've posted the following update:

"If you ordered Disney before the cutoff at 4:20pm PST on 10/15 - check your order status. If you have a date in the Certificate Registration Started
field, your order made it in the registration documents that are submitted to Disney's transfer agent so you are in great shape!"

And on the order status page:

"Disney - we will be working late Tues 10/15 & Weds 10/16 (the deadline) to make sure we get all complete and validated orders in before the cut-off. If you have a date here, you're 99.9% there because Disney and its transfer agent have stated they will honor any proper registration requests submitted by the deadline. Our little .1% hedge is there until we see the actual certificate."

Disney Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #36
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dynamite View Post
For anyone who used giveashare.com to order, they've posted the following update:

"If you ordered Disney before the cutoff at 4:20pm PST on 10/15 - check your order status. If you have a date in the Certificate Registration Started
field, your order made it in the registration documents that are submitted to Disney's transfer agent so you are in great shape!"

And on the order status page:

"Disney - we will be working late Tues 10/15 & Weds 10/16 (the deadline) to make sure we get all complete and validated orders in before the cut-off. If you have a date here, you're 99.9% there because Disney and its transfer agent have stated they will honor any proper registration requests submitted by the deadline. Our little .1% hedge is there until we see the actual certificate."

I got one in the last hour they were available
Old 10-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
shoes99
DIS Veteran

This is the email I received on 10/17/2013 at 6:14PM
I paid $168.95 for certificate with frame and engraving. I used the code
from mousesavers for a $10 discount too.
I ordered mine on 10/10/13.
Michele

Hello from OneShare!

Congratulations! Your order has been submitted to Disney and is currently being processed! We are now waiting for Disney to deliver your authentic stock certificate so that we can send it along to your destination. Due to the high volume of orders please allow up to 12 weeks for delivery. Orders will be completed as they were received. We will be sure to keep you updated via email as your order progresses. We apologize for any inconvenience this slight delay may cause you and appreciate your patience. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us by email at cservice@oneshare.com or call us at 888-777-6919 M-F 9-5 PST.

Best Regards,

Customer Service Department
The Gift of Equity

Last edited by shoes99; 10-20-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added price
shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #38
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99 View Post
This is the email I received on 10/17/2013 at 6:14PM
I paid $168.95 for certificate with frame and engraving. I used the code
from mousesavers for a $10 discount too.
Michele

Hello from OneShare!

Congratulations! Your order has been submitted to Disney and is currently being processed! We are now waiting for Disney to deliver your authentic stock certificate so that we can send it along to your destination. Due to the high volume of orders please allow up to 12 weeks for delivery. Orders will be completed as they were received. We will be sure to keep you updated via email as your order progresses. We apologize for any inconvenience this slight delay may cause you and appreciate your patience. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us by email at cservice@oneshare.com or call us at 888-777-6919 M-F 9-5 PST.

Best Regards,

Customer Service Department
The Gift of Equity
I wish iKnew of the discount I ordered one in the cheaper frame for 140 with shipping with 45 minutes to spare. I was rushing no time to research.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #39
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

I wish iKnew of the discount I ordered one in the cheaper frame for 140 with shipping with 45 minutes to spare. I was rushing no time to research.
I got mine from one share to
Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #40
Maggie7313
Mouseketeer

I arrived home today to find an envelope with the certificate for the shares I bought through Disney's Direct Investment Program on 10/10.

I had a dreadful day and it was an unexpected delight to come home to find proof that I own an (extraordinarily tiny) piece of the magic. I already had shares through my brokerage account but I've always thought of those as just an investment. These feel "real" and I'm so grateful to OP.

Hopefully the certificates for those who ordered through giveashare and oneshare will arrive soon!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #41
belleincanada
A Beauty, but a Funny Girl

Help??

I realize I'm late to the party here - but only a couple days ago did someone give me the idea to buy a share of Disney stock for my goddaughter's 1st Christmas.

So they're not issuing authentic certificates anymore - and that sucks. But my question is did anyone get the 'replica' certificates? Do they still look legit? If I'm paying $170 I don't want the certificate to look chinky.

Also, I have no idea who's authentic to purchase from and who's not - Oneshare? Disneystock? Giveashare? None of these are scam websites, right?

I figured you lovely folk here would have some insight

Thanks!
Esther
2006 - ASMu for 7 days
2012: ASMu for 4 days, Feb 27-Mar 2
2015: Jan. 30th-Feb. 6th at ASMu!

belleincanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: