Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #16
Disneylovingdad
Mouseketeer

I was going to order one for Christmas for my wife. I heard this on the news today and read these posts first. Just an FYI: I was able to place an order on giveashare.com tonight with the following message displayed:

"Urgent news! Disney is going to stop issuing paper stock certificates in a few days. Although we canít guarantee it, we believe we can get you the authentic stock certificate before the cut-off if you Order NOW. We will use our best efforts to make that happen and if we are unable to do so, you will have the option for a full refund."

I paid $164.03 for it with frame and shipping. Hopefully they can do it. I will keep you guys posted.
Disneylovingdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #17
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylovingdad View Post
I was going to order one for Christmas for my wife. I heard this on the news today and read these posts first. Just an FYI: I was able to place an order on giveashare.com tonight with the following message displayed:

"Urgent news! Disney is going to stop issuing paper stock certificates in a few days. Although we canít guarantee it, we believe we can get you the authentic stock certificate before the cut-off if you Order NOW. We will use our best efforts to make that happen and if we are unable to do so, you will have the option for a full refund."

I paid $164.03 for it with frame and shipping. Hopefully they can do it. I will keep you guys posted.
Did that including an engraved plaque too? I'm looking into getting one also.

Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Soarin4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #18
Disney Dynamite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylovingdad View Post

I also used giveashare.com to order one for my husband after I heard the news yesterday. I'd been planning on doing this for his Christmas gift but kept procrastinating. Keeping my fingers crossed that they're able to get the paper stock certificates!
Disney Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
cmjensen
Earning My Ears

I just purchased 1 from OneShare. I paid $143.38 after a $15 discount. That's with frame and plaque. I called their customer service and was told that it's a 50/50 chance of receiving a real stock certificate or the new non-negotiable one. They said they will issue emails later next week to confirm if you are going to get the real one or not. If you are not going to receive the real one then they will allow you to get a full refund.
cmjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #20
2littleprincesses
DIS Veteran

ARe these worth it? Thinking of getting these for dds for christmas, but I don't know if they would like them?

1st DCL cruise Magic--Western 3/19/2011!
DLR/CA coast trip 2014
2littleprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #21
2littleprincesses
DIS Veteran

ARe these worth it? Thinking of getting these for dds for christmas, but I don't know if they would like them?

1st DCL cruise Magic--Western 3/19/2011!
DLR/CA coast trip 2014
2littleprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #22
Disneylovingdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin4Disney View Post
Did that including an engraved plaque too? I'm looking into getting one also.
Yes it included the engraving.

I wouldn't mind even getting a copy of a certificate (non negotiable) as long as it looked like the actual certificate. Even if it says non neg on it I'd be ok. It still conveys ownership. However, it should then be substantially cheaper as its a copy of an electronic stock for me to consider buying it. I'm not paying 164$ for a copy or "certificate of ownership" unless it looks exactly like the actual stock with the images. Just my thoughts.

I have a feeling that Disney will maybe say no certificates will be issued unless bought directly from us. They make no money really off of the sites mentioned here. Those sites simply buy the stock from them then profit from it. Disney probably said, we get that people like this idea but there is nothing in it for us. To them, they are selling the stock either way. I could be wrong but it seems like a way for them to make the money on it instead of actually spending to print certificates then getting nothing out of these sites selling them to us. Granted, I could be wrong. Just seems odd that it is the most collected stock certificate and they abruptly end it when they could find a way to profit on it themselves.
Disneylovingdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #23
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

I ordered some for my kids for Christmas about a week ago.

I got an email last night informing me of the change, and it looks as though my kids will still get their certificates. But, since they need to be printed and sent before October 16, I'll need to watch the mail for them to protect the surprise.

For what it's worth, if you go through http://www.giveashare.com/ , you don't have to pay for a frame. I figured I'll get each kid a binder, and let them select a share (within reason) for each birthday and Christmas.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #24
Piglet99645
DIS Veteran

I just purchased two from oneshare.com. They were $151 each with frames and plaques and all.

I compared Disneystock.com, which sells just the certificate without all the framing, but the savings was not significant ($79 total), and I'd have to get them framed anyway. The transfer fee was $10 higher at Disneystock than at oneshare.

I did have a discount from mousesavers.
November 8-11, 2005 - WDW with my husband and 5yo son and SIL - - All Star Music Resort ~ Trip Report
April 12-14, 2006 - DISNEYLAND again with the best friend - now 30-something moms
August 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
June 2011- Disneyland WITH HUBBY AND TWO KIDS (10 & 5), SIL and 2yo nephew - BWPPI ~ Trip Report.
October 21-26, 2012, WDW - All Star Movies, Food and Wine, and MNSSHP

Feb. 12-16, 2014. Disneyland (Desert Inn and Suites) Just me and the kids!! (now 13 and 8)
Piglet99645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #25
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

I've wanted to do this for my DD since she was born but have always procrastinated....until tonight.

Just ordered one for her with a frame, personalized plaque and shipping to Canada. It was $190.59US in total. The shipping was a silly $39.00 since it's coming to Canada and we always pay a fortune but at least we'll have it.

This will be fun when she's older and can appreciate it more.

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Disneystock.com now says this:

Quote:
Please note..although as of October 16th 2013 Disney will no longer issue physical stock certificates..all orders placed today October 11th will receive a High Quality Colorful Replica Certificate and 1-share book entry Disney account. We are currently not able to guarantee the physical certificate.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
Disney Dynamite
Mouseketeer

The message on giveashare.com has updated to the following:

"Urgent news! We just talked to Disney's transfer agent and we are very confident that if you place your order today, we will be able to get you the authentic stock certificate before the cut-off. Although we cannot guarantee it, the chances are very good. If we cannot get the authentic certificate, you will be given the option to cancel and get a full refund."

That sounds pretty hopeful. I really hope they can pull this off.
Disney Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #28
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
Thank you! I'll update here when I know, if anyone is interested
I am definitely interested!!! I have been procrastinating because I was not sure how it would work if you wanted more than one share- but only one certificate. Now I guess I better get on it. If you are already a stockholder - I am hoping that they can just give you at least one real certificate.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #29
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

And, keep in mind:

Even if you get copy certificate, it's still an incredibly cool gift-- they're still stockholders in Disney!!! It may just require more creative packaging.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #30
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjensen View Post
I just purchased 1 from OneShare. I paid $143.38 after a $15 discount. That's with frame and plaque. I called their customer service and was told that it's a 50/50 chance of receiving a real stock certificate or the new non-negotiable one. They said they will issue emails later next week to confirm if you are going to get the real one or not. If you are not going to receive the real one then they will allow you to get a full refund.
Good, I just ordered it today (I paid $160-ish, how'd you get yours so low?!) I almost forgot to order. If we don't get a real one then I will request a refund.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: