Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Comparing figures: BC (FP+) vs Dolphin (FP anything??) for Jan

So, now that the deals are out, I need to make a decision, and some of it is still variable, making it more difficult. Jan 18-26, 8 nights. I am comparing RO rates. We will not purchase a dining plan. We will not have a car.

I have a res at the Dolphin using the teacher rate of $219. With adding resort fee and airport transfers, the cost would be ~$2200. That rate could come down, last year it was $189 for that week, which would be ~$2000. I also have enough Starwoods points for 3 free nights, which would bring it to ~$1600 at my current rate or ~1400 at the lower rate if it happens (all including taxes/transfers). But if I save those points until I have 4 points nights, I would get a 5th free. (This wont happen before Jan, but can save for a future trip and get more bang for the buck in the long run.)

As of today, I have a discounted RO rate at BC garden view that costs ~$2200. So perfectly equal to the Dolphin with added fees and not using points, assuming the teacher rate doesn't drop.

Pros of Dolphin: heavenly beds, adding lots more Starwoods points
Con of Dolphin: not knowing what the FP situation will be, maybe no FP+ or - at all come January???, (not worried about lack of Disney magic)
Pros of BC: guaranteed FP+ and MB, (storm along bay not necessarily a pro in January)
Cons of BC: keep reading about poor CM service and rooms in disrepair

What would you do and why? If you say Dolphin, would you use points now or save until 4 nights for the 5th free?

TIA!

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
luvallprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: