Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Poly, only for the monorail. I'd choose WL for theming, though.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #17
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymahoney View Post
We are doing Disney 5 k in January for charity. Through that I can get a good deal at the poly. It's the same price as wilderness lodge. Most of our time will be at magic kingdom. What's everyone suggest. We will be in a standard room. 3 adults 2 kids one of which is 6 months old. Thanks
I will give you my DD's logic...We always go for her birthday in February..this year, I gave her the choice of GF or Poly..she chose GF because "Poly isn't wintery"

Last year she picked WL over AKL for the same reason..and this summer, she picked AKL because "it's as hot as Africa!!" lol

so, while the Poly is awesome, I can appreciate her weather thinking..
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Well, we are lifelong Poly lovers but we just booked WL for this August last night. I have no interest in staying at my beloved Poly until all of the construction is finished. Disney has shown recently that they will wait until the last minute to notify guests of any upcoming inconveniences like partial monorail closures or construction. BTW there are far too many apologists for Disney on these boards. Disney knows far in advance when they will be doing construction on their resorts. They simply wait until the last minute to inform guests so that they dont cancel or change their reservation. The last thing I want to do is worry up until the last minute before our vacation that Disney will be adding any additional construction.

Last edited by huntconn; 10-09-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo correction
huntconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #19
TJA
DIS Veteran

3 adults, 1 kid, 1 baby -- I really don't think you'd be comfortable in a WL room. Poly rooms are much larger and newly refurbished. I also think you would appreciate being able to watch Wishes right from the Poly. It's a great way to end the nights -- watching a beautiful show without fighting crowds. Only thing that I would consider is if the pool will be closed. Granted, it's January and weather might not be suitable for swimming, but still. Otherwise, I really think Poly would be your better choice. Unless you can get that good deal at CR? You'd have the walking path to MK at CR.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I adore WL but if you're able to secure a room at the Poly for the same price, the Poly it is! The monorail gives you easy access to MK and the resort is a 5 minute walk to the TTC for the EP monorail line (You could also take the monorail from the Poly to the TTC, go down one ramp, up another, and board the EP monorail. I find the walk to be easier though.).

Whichever you choose, both resorts are fantastic and I don't think you'll be disappointed with either!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #21
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

Poly booked with group discount. We loose dining plan though, so if we can eat for under 1708 dollars then we will save Money staying at the poly over WL
rymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: