Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #16
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Parrot Cay Dinner

We were in Parrot Cay for an 8:15 pm dinner. I know that lots of people don't like PC, but I don't mind it either way, and I actually like to be there on the first night. I had also called and requested a table for just the two of us. It's the first time I've done this, but this was the first cruise in a while where we were by ourselves and decided to see if we could manage an entire week with just the two of us - LOL.

We were introduced to our servers, Mindaugas was our Server (from herein known as Minda), and Margaret (Maggie) from Trinidad was our Assistant Server. Deniz Baran was our Head Server. Maggie told us to just call them the M&Ms to make life easier. Tonight was the rotational menu and I had this little blue sucker to get the ball rolling. I didn't actually order this, but anyone that knows me, knows that I'll pretty much drink anything. It was the Blue Margarita I think. In another life it was going to be a Melon Mojito . Next time.

The gossip of the evening was about the table next to us. A very pretty lady came in a little late and sat down. She had all kinds of papers and looked like she was working. A short while later they seated a guy at her table, obviously a stranger, and he was by himself. You could tell they felt a bit awkward, and we could see them talking to the servers off to one side. It was all very intriguing!! LOL As a couple that's been married 13 years with no children, we find ourselves making up all kinds of good stories about other people to keep us occupied during dinner.

For dinner, DH had the Island Spiced Seared Ahi Tuna, Parrot Cay Salad (we both had this, see photo below with mine), Pan Seared Grouper and Crème Brulee Cheesecake.

I had Jamaican-marinated Chicken Tenderloins, Parrot Cay Salad, Mixed Grill and French Toast Banana Bread. Everything I had was good. The chicken was moist, the salad was good with the bacon grease on it :-) and the mixed grill was decent. I really liked the French Toast Banana Bread - it was moist in the middle with some crunchy bits on the outside and there was a caramel type sauce. Two Thumbs up!

We are pretty much always exhausted on our first day onboard. Maybe it had something to do with being up at 5:45 am looking for the Wonder to come in.. We were done with dinner by about 9:50 pm and headed to bed to crash out about 10:15 pm. This was waiting for us when we got back....so cute!

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston

Last edited by ukintheus; 10-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #17
Mekamax
Earning My Ears

This is going great! Can't wait till you post again. And loved the part with hubby knowing he would Not be up to watch the ship sail into Galveston - sitting at the window with the camera!
Mekamax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Sunday - At Sea Day

Given that we had gone to bed somewhat early, we woke up fairly early and pondered what we were going to do. Our agenda included eating and drinking with the possibility of a nap in there somewhere. My packing job hadn’t gone quite as well as planned and some of our stuff needed ironing so I decided to get up and get over to the laundry room on Deck 7 so that I could get that out of the way. I only had a few things. DH decided he was going to go and run, so I figured I had better at least WEAR workout clothes so that it would look like I had worked out too. I got the ironing all done and then guilt set in that I should at least attempt some type of exercise. I decided the most interesting thing to me would be to walk the ship. I started at the very aft set of stairs, you can go down as far as Animator’s Palate (emergency rear doors) and walk all the way up to deck 8. I did that a few times and then got creative and basically walked the entire ship from the medical center to Palo and around. I found some places I didn’t know existed, and generally just enjoyed being nosey. I met up with DH back on Deck 4 while he was (still) running and he was about done. We walked a lap together to cool off some and then decided to go grab a cup of coffee from Cove Café. I think we swung by the room first. I had put the “Please Service Room” hanger on, but our Stateroom Host wasn’t anywhere around and hadn’t got to our room yet. It wasn’t a big deal, but I don’t remember a cruise where they hadn’t serviced the room before lunchtime, which was the case for the first half of our trip, the last couple of days she seemed to come earlier and was done by about 10 am.

The TV info

This shows our progress so far, we were progressing nicely across the Gulf.

We went up to Cove Café for coffee but really it was all just an excuse to see the Outlook Café area which is unique to the Wonder. We were having brunch in Palo at 11:30 am so we had a couple of pastries while we were there.

The Outlook is awesome! We fell in love with it, especially as today we literally had the place to ourselves.

Good people watching spot

We left there and wandered the ship some more. Another “new” thing for us were the Golden Mickeys. The shopping area leading up to the WDT was already decked out.

And because we had forgotten to take them the day before, here are the obligatory Atrium Chandelier photographs.

By now it was time to head back to shower and get ready for Palo brunch. More food, do you see a theme here?

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
Old 10-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #19
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

You lucky girl, having MY adorable Minda as your server. I hope he was performing in all his sarcastic glory for you. It took him a while to come out of his shell for us, but he is full of mischief and I felt like he was one of the family by the time we left the ship. And he's pretty cute too
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in.
Hi and thanks for following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
You lucky girl, having MY adorable Minda as your server. I hope he was performing in all his sarcastic glory for you. It took him a while to come out of his shell for us, but he is full of mischief and I felt like he was one of the family by the time we left the ship. And he's pretty cute too
We had a blast with him and Maggie. It did take him a while to warm up, and I think sometimes he had a hard time with understanding us We didn't get much sarcasm from him, but he definitely loved to laugh and have fun.

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #22
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Palo Brunch and The Golden Mickeys

We got ourselves showered and changed and ready for Palo and headed up to Deck 10 just before 11:30 am.

Our server was Heidi from Mexico and she talked to us briefly about our past cruises and then asked if we wanted the formal tour of the brunch items, but we decided to skip it seeing as we were both pretty sure what we wanted.

Heidi offered to take our photo & we both had a complimentary mimosa to get us started.

I was determined to NOT eat too much of all the seafood and cheeses this time. I am notorious for pigging out on those and then hardly being able to eat another thing.

This was my plate from the self-serve items, it looks amazingly full now!

This was DH’s plate, although this was one of a couple (at least).

Then I had Eggs Benedict

And DH had Eggs Florentine.

DH is a cheese-a-phobe. He can eat it on pizza and that’s about it. There’s no rhyme or reason as to why pizza doesn’t count, but he says it’s because he can’t taste any cheese on it. Anyway, all of that was to say that the Eggs Florentine was a little too “cheesy” for him, even though it supposedly didn’t have cheese.

I then had the Chicken Parmesan and didn’t take a photo of it!! DH ordered the veal without cheese, and although it took a little longer for them to prepare, they managed to oblige.

Somewhere in there we also managed to order another couple of mimosas as well. Although we were stuffed full at this point we soldiered on to dessert and tasted a little bit these.

This was mine

And this was DH’s

By this time we were stuffed to the point of no return and the last thing on our agenda for the day was awaiting us. A nap. We waddled back to our cabin and got out of the fancy duds to get into something napworthy. We spent the rest of the afternoon doing nothing except watching a movie on TV. Finally we got to the point where we were able to move outside, and so we took our quest for doing nothing to the verandah.

I had these oh-so-cute Minnie toes does before we left. I thought they turned out pretty well.

I wanted to go and see the Golden Mickeys as we had never seen them before and we got a quick drink to take in with us. The theater was packed, I would say it was probably as busy as we had ever seen it. I loved the Golden Mickeys, it is probably now my second favorite behind Disney Dreams. After the show we went off back to the room to get ready for formal night.

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #23
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Dinner, drinks and a lot of fun.

Seeing as we had some extra time on our hands, and that we had been so lazy all afternoon, we decided to go to Cadillac Lounge for Music & Martinis with Gayla. We only had time to stay for one drink but Gayla had a nice voice and she was entertaining.

Tonight we were in Tritons.

This evening both mystery man and mystery lady at the next door table were there and their table was much closer to us. Perfect opportunity for me to start being nosy – I mean, friendly. It turns out that the lady was the Guest DJ – Miss Ninja, and the guy was the Emergency Fire drill trainer for the ship who was from Port Canaveral. They were both really nice and we ended up hitting it off with both of them and enjoyed their company for the rest of the cruise.

Dinner tonight for DH was Caramelized Bay Scallops, Salad of Mixed Baby Greens, Oven Roasted Duckling and Baked Apple and Blueberry Pithiviers.

Dinner for me was Crispy Cheese Ravioli, Sangria Bisque, Grilled Ginger-Lime Swordfish Steak and The Golden Mickeys Sweet Temptations and I also had the Golden Dream for my drink with dinner.

After dinner we headed back to Cadillac Lounge to wait for for 80’s trivia to begin at 11 pm in Wavebands. Gayla was playing another set and we listened to her until it was time to go. 80's trivia is such a fun activity and we love to go. I recommend it if you can make it. I think we finally got back to the cabin around midnight.

A really nice surprise was waiting for us. I knew that the Magic had given guests gifts for the inaugural cruise from Galveston, but I wasn’t expecting it for the Wonder, so it was a really nice surprise to come back to.

And inside the box is…..

A super-cute cheese board. The wheel rotates – how cool is that??

We also had to turn our clocks forward one hour tonight, so now it was 1 am and definitely time for bed!!

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #24
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post

While we were there we were pleasantly surprised to meet a fellow Diser “Sullins5” who was also out doing some Wonder-watching. It’s always so nice to put faces to names and we enjoyed a chat for a little while.
We had already planned to go and eat breakfast somewhere and ended up at Denny’s on the seawall. We had arranged to pick up Sullins5 on our way back from breakfast and drop her off at the port as she was dealing with the rental car/shuttle/parking nightmare that has sadly become the bane of Galveston sailings for a lot of people flying in.
Nothing like a perfect stranger coming up to you and asking if you are "unkintheus" huh? Not sure what I would've done had you said "What are you talking about?" But it was fun meeting another Dis'er!!!

What she means by "arranged to pick up" is that they generously offered to come get me at Hotel Galvez and bring me to the port, in lieu of me grabbing a cab! They were the sweetest things, and what a kind gesture! And she is SO right! Transportation from Hou to Galveston, and arranging hotel shuttles can be a pain! Thanks Jenny and Scott for everything!

And lovin' your Trip Report!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #25
dreamcat78
Earning My Ears

Im IN

Im IN ...Cat let us know about this thread in our HalloWonder group sailing out of TX on the 26th of this month!! Great report so far Even though I am traveling with my kids i am loving your trip w/O kids it is nice to see all the things we can check out for alone adult time!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #26
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullins5 View Post
Nothing like a perfect stranger coming up to you and asking if you are "unkintheus" huh? Not sure what I would've done had you said "What are you talking about?" But it was fun meeting another Dis'er!!!

What she means by "arranged to pick up" is that they generously offered to come get me at Hotel Galvez and bring me to the port, in lieu of me grabbing a cab! They were the sweetest things, and what a kind gesture! And she is SO right! Transportation from Hou to Galveston, and arranging hotel shuttles can be a pain! Thanks Jenny and Scott for everything!

And lovin' your Trip Report!
To be honest I was a bit suprised! The Disboard group had been so quiet and I hadn't joined the FB group so I was expecting to not meet anybody this time. I always believe things work out for a reason - we were more than happy to pick you up seeing as we were driving RIGHT by!! We ended up giving the Firefighter a lift back to Hobby too after the cruise!! It's pretty bad when guests are having to fill the gaps because DCL doesn't have transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcat78 View Post
Im IN ...Cat let us know about this thread in our HalloWonder group sailing out of TX on the 26th of this month!! Great report so far Even though I am traveling with my kids i am loving your trip w/O kids it is nice to see all the things we can check out for alone adult time!
Hello and welcome! You guys have a very active group going so I know that your halloween cruise is going to be awesome!! I bet they do extra stuff on the actual Halloween cruise over and above the party stuff they did on ours.

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #27
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

That cheese wheel is awesome!

I would need to buy some cheese when I got home just to use it or have a party or something.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #28
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Monday - Key West

We slept in a little and got up about 8:15 am. Our arrival into Key West was scheduled for about 11:00 am and so we had plenty of time. We also had no real plans today, except making sure we got Key Lime Pie from Kermits.

It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day.

We decided to go to Tritons for breakfast. I had the Traditional Eggs Benedict, which was delicious.

And Scott had The Big Breakfast. It looked delicious but it wasn’t what he was expecting as it was filled with grilled tomato, bacon and baked beans – he was expecting those to be on the outside – LOL He said it was good though.

We went up to our verandah to watch our arrival into Key West. The pilot came out to guide us in.

A Carnival ship was already in port, we figured it would be pretty busy in town today, and while the center of town was busy once you got away from the Mallory Square area it thinned out.

This was the screen shot right as we were heading into the channel. We were docking at the Navy Pier.

We had to do a turn maneuver to dock, which was pretty interesting and looked like an amazingly close call at times.

And we officially arrived!

The Navy Pier is a secure area and so DCL provide transportation into the center of town, dropping you off right by the Shipwreck museum close to Mallory Square. We waited a little after the announcement that we had been cleared to disembark. Everyone over the age of 18 needed their KTTW card and photo ID. They had one gangway open on Deck 1, aft. We hoped that waiting a little would help ease the amount of people trying to get off. The line to swipe your KTTW card wasn't long, but once we got off the ship there were fairly long lines for the trolleys into town, much longer than we had experienced back in April. The line moved, but my guess is it took about 20 minutes to get onto a trolley.

On the trolley, heading into town.

I needed to pick up a couple of things from CVS (I already had heartburn and it was only day 3). The CVS was close to Mallory Square and I found it easily with Maps on my iphone. It is only about 5 mins from where the shuttle drops you off. Weird thing was that all of the pharmacy stuff was upstairs, so it took us a while to figure that out. From there we decided to take a stroll down to the marina and get to Kermits for a bite of pie (or two).

This is their regular pie.

And this is Frozen on a stick covered in chocolate and is AMAZING! I could make myself sick eating these things. If you think you can’t make your mind up then have both – seriously! LOL

Kermits has a very nice garden with a Koi pond and lots of shade. It was pretty steamy just because of the humidity, but that’s just Key West and their wonderful tropical weather.

So having duly stuffed ourselves with pie, we ambled back towards Mallory Square.

We were trying to decide what to do and Sloppy Joe’s was right there and we’d never been in there, so we went in and sat down and had a beer. There was a good lunch crowd in there eating, but we plonked ourselves down on the first two chairs we could find, which coincidentally happened to be at one of the bars. Our bartender was a very interesting person. Early 30’s, good looking and looking for wife #4, even though wife #3 was still at home (his words, not mine!) It was easy to mess with him, and he was a good sport about it. I convinced him that next time he needs to marry for money seeing as he was broke from having 3 wives already! He was like a bad country and western song, even his dog had died! LOL (Note: no picture of the bar tender, I refused to stroke his ego by taking a photo – he was already bad enough!)

Having had our fill of the goober behind the bar, we went into Hog’s Breath and stayed there for a couple of hours having all kinds of fun. We ran into Heidi from Palo – I’m sure she just LOVED running into a guest on her few hours off! We met a group of folks from Jersey Shore who were a RIOT – and we spent way more time in there than we should have.
At about 3 pm we decided to go and get the trolley back to the ship. Heidi had told us that the lines would be fairly long, and she wasn’t kidding! We later heard that they are going to do something different on the next stop, as the lines really were long and there was no shade. The place to board the trolley back to the ship is where they drop you off.

Coming back to the ship.

The lines to get back on the ship were also REALLY long. Again, they only had one gangway open at Deck 1, Aft, which was probably most of the problem. It felt like we waited forever and by this time the drinks + no real food were starting to take their toll on me. I was tired and ready for a nap!

Some pics of the port once we finally got back to our cabin.

These are pics that Scott took of the sunset. I was zonked out and fast asleep and missed it all! He also decided not to wake me and so we missed dinner that night. I woke up at about 11 pm starving hungry though! Thank goodness for the CC gift of the Cheesy Mickey Puffs!!

We got another gift this evening, and I need to take a picture of it and post it. It was a lithograph of Minnie in her Cowgirl costume with the Wonder in the background. Coming up...Castaway Cay.

Jenny & Scott

Last edited by ukintheus; 10-09-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #29
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Tuesday - Castaway Cay

So I was up bright and early – imagine that! We ordered cereal from room service and watched us dock in Castaway Cay. We had decided to rent bicycles as we had never done that before and so as soon as they said we could disembark we started our way off the ship. The gangways were situated on Deck 1, forward and aft. (FYI – I will go and add this to yesterday, but in Key West they only had one gangway open on Deck 1, aft, which is why the lines were so long I am sure).

As we got off the ship the 5K participants were also leaving.

Minnie was already out on the beach.

Scott began to wish that he was doing the 5K, although the longer we walked the more we could hear people asking “how much further??” LOL It is a decent walk from the ship to the 5K start, which is right where the bike rental place is. We signed our consent forms and paid the $12.00 for the bikes. They showed us the bike path, but once you get going it is easy to follow. They have men’s, women’s and children’s bike, plus bikes with stabilizer wheels and adult bikes with children’s seats on the back, so they have something for everyone. We got going but were soon caught up by the first of the 5K runners so we decided to keep on going down the airstrip towards Serenity Bay so that we could avoid them and/or running someone over. Once you get to Serenity Bay the bike path goes in front of the cabanas and on to a lookout point. Again, this was something we’d never done, and a part of the island we’d not seen before.

It’s amazing to think how much work has gone into CC to get it to the tropical paradise that we all love now. I believe that pretty much the entire island looked like this.

We went back down to the entrance to Serenity Bay and then left back down the airstrip to take the left hand turn onto the 5K/bike loop that goes to the observation tower. We ran across a family with a little one with stabilizer wheels and he was already worn out. It is quite a long way if you have little ones that aren’t used to riding that much. We made it to the tower and took these photos from the first level of the metal art pieces they have dotted around.

One more level up and you got a good view of the ship.

This is zoomed in all the way with my point and shoot.

And this is facing the opposite direction from the ship – I have no clue if it is north, south, east or west…it’s just “the other way”.

We decided that we had seen everything we wanted to see and the temperatures were climbing nicely so that a dip in the beautiful blue water was extremely appealing. Off we went to Serenity Bay and dropped our bikes off at the “bike place” at the entrance and then found a spot along the beach. The yoga class were close by doing their stuff. In the past they have always been at the very far end of the beach but this time they were closer. I’ve never done yoga and I think I would be intimidated trying it in front of a bunch of people. Not to mention the sand sticking to you didn’t look very relaxing!

The beach wasn’t crowded at all. We think that Serenity Bay on one of the Classic ships is the way to go – way fewer people.

This is the remainder of the yoga class dusting off.

We got into the water, it was the perfect temperature and we swam around a little bit before Scott saw this in the distance.

With all of our activity going on this morning, we had completely forgotten that they had announced that the Dream would be coming by at approximately 11:45 am to welcome the Wonder back from the west coast. Sure enough, there she was in the distance. So, we packed up all our stuff to get back to the family beach area as I figured that’s where the best photo opportunities would be.

We stopped back at the bike place and the guy was happy to let us take our bikes again and ride them back to the Bike Rentals location. It was just before 11 am when we got there, so we decided to grab a quick drink at the Conched Out bar before Cookies opened for lunch.

So, for anyone that knows me, or has read previous trip reports….brace yourselves for a never before moment. Here’s the picture of our drinks….note the Konk cooler, my favorite CC drink, I love these things.

Guess where this one ended up? (Mandymouse - hold onto your hat!) In the trash – and I’m not kidding!! It wasn’t good. I don’t know what was wrong with it. I asked the bar tender to put more ice in it as it was so thick, and sweet and just cloyingly nasty. I consider it a few hundred calories saved, but it was a big disappointment. I’ve never had one before where it came out of a machine and that’s (I think) the difference. Next time I will be sure to ask!

Up next... Castaway Cay - Part 2.

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #30
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay - The Wonder, The Dream and Food....again.

We decided to go to Cookies for lunch as we’ve never eaten there (we’ve always had lunch up at Serenity Bay) and it was literally right across from the bar.

I had swiftly deposited the not-great Konk Cooler in a trash can as soon as I felt the bar tender couldn't see me. The only difference we could see between Cookies & Serenity Bay is that they have steak at Serenity Bay. I got ribs, potato salad and coleslaw and Scott got a hamburger, hot dog and ribs – I guess he was starting to really miss not having dinner last night!

We hurried through lunch so that we could get to the beach before the Dream go there. By the time we finished eating, she had arrived.

The Wonder sounded her horn and the Dream replied back, although the Wonder was SO loud compared to the Dream – you could barely hear her horn. I know that the Dream was further away,but it still gave a certain sense of satisfaction that despite being older, and nowhere near as fancy with all those different horn sounds, the Wonder was still able to hold her own (at least that’s the way we saw it. )

The Dream turned around and sat out in the water for a little while. I’m guessing that we watched for about 20 minutes before she started to sail away. It was REALLY cool to get to see the two ships close by like that.

So now we had a really hard decision to make. Would we venture ALL the way back to Serenity Bay (it felt like it was 100 miles away – LOL)? After a bit of retail therapy to help us make the decision we ended up going back to the ship. That’s how lazy we are folks! We decided to walk back to the ship and snapped these pics along the way.

Here’s another of the Dream sailing off into the distance.

And our first real chance to get a good photo of the back of the ship. Remember we were with the 5K runners this morning being swept away in a tide of enthusiasm - we probably couldn't have stopped to take a picture if we'd wanted to!

We ran into Maggie (our server) who was about to start her shift for the afternoon on the island and told her all about the Dream being there. She had no clue any of it was even going on and they can’t hear the ships horn in their rooms. I think she would have liked to have seen it, but I’m sure she enjoyed a few hours in bed too.

There was, of course, no line to get back onto the ship and we got on quickly and dropped our stuff back in our cabin before venturing up to the Cove pool. It was nice and quiet onboard, and in fact, it was way less busy than it was the day we were in Nassau. We swam a little and had a couple of drinks while lounging in the shade.

In an effort to be somewhat active, we went up to deck 10 above the adult pool and took these.

We loveto sit on our verandah and watch people coming back to the ship. Today they had divers down doing some inspections of the ship’s hull, so that added to our viewing pleasure.

There was a good rain shower right before the last people got back to the ship. I don’t have photos but a lot were huddled under the DCL canopies that are put up by the gangway. We had to laugh (with them of course) as the crew started packing everything up, and literally took the cover off these poor people that were trying to shelter. So, be warned, if you get back to the ship later and it’s raining, they WILL make you get wet!!

The resulting double rainbows were very pretty.

Jenny & Scott

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: