Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Richatlaw
Earning My Ears

3.5 year-old in Flounders

Hi there.

Does anyone have any experience with trying to put a child older than 3 in the nursery? He will be 3.5 when we cruise, and is toilet trained, but I'm pretty convinced he won't agree to stay in Oceaneers. We will try, but I just don't think it will work. Given the availability of trucks and ride-on toys in Flounders, and the fact that his baby brother will be there too, I think he can be convinced to go there. Does anyone know whether they will let us sign him up?
Richatlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richatlaw View Post
Hi there.

Does anyone have any experience with trying to put a child older than 3 in the nursery? He will be 3.5 when we cruise, and is toilet trained, but I'm pretty convinced he won't agree to stay in Oceaneers. We will try, but I just don't think it will work. Given the availability of trucks and ride-on toys in Flounders, and the fact that his baby brother will be there too, I think he can be convinced to go there. Does anyone know whether they will let us sign him up?
I know that kids in the overlap ages for the other clubs (11-12 for Oceaneers/Edge; or 14 for Edge/Vibe) are generally allowed in both. I'm not sure if it's the same for 3 year olds. I know that the nursery CMs will steer potty trained 3 year olds to Oceaneer's Club/Lab, while untrained 3 year olds might be directed to "give Oceaneer's a try".

I will point out that the nursery doesn't have toilet facilities for the kids, if that will be an issue with your already trained child.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #3
Keurigirl
let's all sing like the birdies sing

If he is still three, he'll be able to overlap. You'll have to pay for him, but he can be at either club.

I found this to be a HUGE help with my 3.5 year old who still needed to nap, because I could drop him off in the nursery still to do that. He was potty trained, so they'd take him to the potty if he needed to go, and they'd put on a pull up for me for nap time.

If he wasn't sleeping he wanted to be at Oceaneer's, but it was awesome to straddle both places.
Disney Cruises: W. Caribbean 3/12, Alaska 8/12, W. Caribbean 4/13, Alaska 8/13 next trips: Transatlantic 5/14, Alaska 8/14
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
Richatlaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keurigirl View Post
If he is still three, he'll be able to overlap. You'll have to pay for him, but he can be at either club.

I found this to be a HUGE help with my 3.5 year old who still needed to nap, because I could drop him off in the nursery still to do that. He was potty trained, so they'd take him to the potty if he needed to go, and they'd put on a pull up for me for nap time.

If he wasn't sleeping he wanted to be at Oceaneer's, but it was awesome to straddle both places.

Thanks! Because he's over 3 I can't reserve time for him through the Disney website. Did you just book time for your son when you were onboard?
Richatlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: