Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

So glad you're having such a great experience!!! I love CBR!! We're staying at a family suite at AoA this time because we got a great deal, but I'm really nervous I'm going to wish we had just gone back to CBR instead! I always feel so relaxed and peaceful when I'm there.

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
connie1042
DIS Veteran

We love CBR. Will be there in Dec. The staff there went above and beyond what they needed to do for my granddaughers birthday a year ago. The grounds are beautiful, and there are time, you feel like the only one there. we don't do commando anymore, so can wait for a bus if we have to. I am on vacation, and not in a real hurry. Glad you like it. We were upgraded to a pirate room a few years ago. Pretty neat!
connie1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #18
SqueakyMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie1042 View Post
there are time, you feel like the only one there.
Very true! Still loving it here!!

Way, Way Too Many Trips to List

Upcoming trips:

June 2014 WBC
October 2014 WBC
December 2014 WBC
April 2015 WBC
SqueakyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #19
SGMCO
Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You are welcome! I am hoping to get a new room when we arrive on May 24th. I was told that it is a possibility.
Will the decor stay the same or will they be changing the bed spreads? Please post pics of the updated rooms.
Also wondering if anyone else have stayed at POR and CBR, so hard to leave the resort you know you like to try another one.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #20
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMCO View Post
Will the decor stay the same or will they be changing the bed spreads? Please post pics of the updated rooms.
Also wondering if anyone else have stayed at POR and CBR, so hard to leave the resort you know you like to try another one.
The rumored décor will be totally different....lots of natural/tan colors. There were pictures of what are supposedly the new rooms on another discussion board. Here's the link to those pictures: http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...d343c.jpg.html

There has been no confirmation that this is what the rooms will look like. I was only told that there will be a refurb and that they are getting queen beds.

We haven't stayed at POR but did stay at POFQ and we liked the CBR much better. Having said that, we are from Louisiana so the whole Southern theme didn't wow us since we see it every day.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #21
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The rumored décor will be totally different....lots of natural/tan colors. There were pictures of what are supposedly the new rooms on another discussion board. Here's the link to those pictures: http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...d343c.jpg.html

There has been no confirmation that this is what the rooms will look like. I was only told that there will be a refurb and that they are getting queen beds.

We haven't stayed at POR but did stay at POFQ and we liked the CBR much better. Having said that, we are from Louisiana so the whole Southern theme didn't wow us since we see it every day.
I am hoping the pictures are what the rooms look like and those murphy beds are true..would make our stay there in Sept even better!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #22
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Nice Wish this would come true this December, girl can dream can't I. We have a trip next Oct. and need that murphy bed. Was thinking we would have to go to POR (didn't really like it there last year), now we have hope for next year's trip. This pix are giving it a Hawaiian feel to me. I like it

Quote:

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
This is the resort that seems to have the most controversy -- I see lots of people commenting that it is such a large resort -- maybe I will change my mind in 2 weeks, but it has 2,112 rooms and CSR has 1,921 while POR has 2,048 rooms -- so, unless you are comparing it to POFQ, isn't it the same size as the other moderates? What am I missing -- It seems to me when I look at the maps that all the mods are built the same way, clusters of buildings that hold 200 rooms, around some body of water, with a food court/main building some were "central."

Am I over analyzing this or what?

Tom
Tom- When do you check in? I'll be there next Saturday!! Yayyyy!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #24
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Wow. I hope those room pics are legit. That would be great to have another mod sleep 5 like POR.

YAY!

And the rooms look fantastic!
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #25
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Where would the fridge go though? I don't see a fridge cupboard. And will they be in every building or just selected buildings? A murphy bed is nice for big families but you lose a drawer of storage space for those who aren't.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #26
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
This is the resort that seems to have the most controversy -- I see lots of people commenting that it is such a large resort -- maybe I will change my mind in 2 weeks, but it has 2,112 rooms and CSR has 1,921 while POR has 2,048 rooms -- so, unless you are comparing it to POFQ, isn't it the same size as the other moderates? What am I missing -- It seems to me when I look at the maps that all the mods are built the same way, clusters of buildings that hold 200 rooms, around some body of water, with a food court/main building some were "central."

Am I over analyzing this or what?

Tom
I think it is the way the buildings are laid out. And the fact that they are all 2 stories high, which is not the case at any other moderate. The other moderates all have buildings which go higher up.

You can also look at it this way: CBR has 7 bus stops. POR and CSR only have 4. So if you get on a bus at the first stop at CBR you have twice as many stops to wait through as you would at the other moderates. I didn't think it would bother me as much as it did. It didn't wreck my stay at CBR, but it does make me think twice about staying there in the future.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #27
pxydst
Mouseketeer

maxiesmom.. there may be more bus stops but there is no more people at CBR than the other mods! i guess I would think that the time you wait to fill the bus at a stop is the same amount of time you will take to go to another stop and fill the bus??? just sayin, no flames just a question/statement...
Old 10-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #28
SqueakyMouse
DIS Veteran

Upcoming trips:

June 2014 WBC
October 2014 WBC
December 2014 WBC
April 2015 WBC
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #29
SqueakyMouse
DIS Veteran

Dd's photos -- I haven't had a chance to upload mine yet.

Upcoming trips:

June 2014 WBC
October 2014 WBC
December 2014 WBC
April 2015 WBC
Old 10-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #30
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMCO View Post
We have stayed at both and know what you are saying. We were, well actually we still are, big fans of POR and POFQ. We made a last minute decision to head to the World during Free Dining a couple years ago and CBR was the only moderate available. After booking I started researching CBR and got really nervous with some of the bad reviews and worried that we were not staying at POR. Well after 7 awesome nights at CBR we now can't seem to stay anywhere else. Our last 4 trips have been to CBR. Some of the things I read people complain about ended up being positives to us. WDW definitely has a resort for just about everyone and we found ours!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: