Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #16
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Pre Trip: Part 3 - Costom T-shirts

Pre Trip: Part 3 - Costom T-shirts

One other "first" I wanted to do for this trip was to make some custom t-shirts. While I contemplated it, we ultimately decided against the whole group t-shirt scenario.

Rather, instead we produced a collection that at the very least we found very enjoyable and humorous

Mine:

Judi's:

Olivia's: (keep in mind she already has 6 princess dress to bring, so I think 2 will be enough) ... and big thanks to dismember Carable for the princess with lightsaber image!

DS:

We leave tomorrow - well, driving to PA tomorrow to pick up the in-laws and then flying down to Orlando super early Friday. We are all very excited though we need to step up the whole "packing effort"

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 10-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #17
norybell
DIS Veteran

LOVE the t-shirts! Especially the "Party like it's '71" one.

Have a great trip!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #18
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

Followed you here from my trip report. Looking forward to reading!
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
Old 10-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Absolutely LOVE the princesses with the lightsabers!!!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
Old 10-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #20
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell
LOVE the t-shirts! Especially the "Party like it's '71" one.

Have a great trip!
Thanks! I was just so intrigued by the whole process of filling out the form originally for getting a hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEsq
Followed you here from my trip report. Looking forward to reading!
Yeah! Welcome! Hope my report is half as good as yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi
Absolutely LOVE the princesses with the lightsabers!!!!
Welcomes and thanks! I thought it was a fun combination

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09

Last edited by TheMaxRebo; 10-20-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #21
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Well, we have been here since Friday and having a blast - though it is packed! Like 20 minute wait for Ellen's Energy Adventure packed.

Hope to get a post or two up while here - though will want to get photopass oh tired before really getting into things

Old 10-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Obsessed with the "A Salute to All of Disney World" shirt! And the Tiki Room shirt is so great too. HAVE A BLAST!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #23
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Sign me up! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

Old 10-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #24
herb102211
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

Your DD is adorable...

Love the shirts you all made too!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 11/14- WL/BC
Me (28) DH (29)
Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #25
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh man how did I miss this and not wish you and your family a wonderful trip! I'm in time to welcome you back at least! (And now I know your name. Nice to meet you Phil.) What a lovely family that you have. Your DD's Frump in training photo is too adorable. (You must know that deer look huh?)

I still worry that I may mix up my DR and TR and post in my DR that we went to Blizzard Beach and post a photo of us in our bathing suits. It could happen. But you are a smart man to stick with one and give us all the dining details as well.

Victoria and Alberts - how amazing!! I definitely want to hear about that an the newly reopened California Grill.

I hope you had a great time. Sounds like it was crowded.

Waiting patiently to hear all about it.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #26
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Obsessed with the "A Salute to All of Disney World" shirt! And the Tiki Room shirt is so great too. HAVE A BLAST!!!
Thanks! We thought the Tiki Room one was very cute and accurate as Peter's naps do seem to be getting shorter and shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sign me up! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!
Welcome! Going to get started really soon - we did have some good adventures, even if everything didn't go according to plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post
Joining in!

Your DD is adorable...

Love the shirts you all made too!
Welcome! Thanks you - we too think she is quite cute - doesn't stop her from getting on our last nerves though

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh man how did I miss this and not wish you and your family a wonderful trip! I'm in time to welcome you back at least! (And now I know your name. Nice to meet you Phil.) What a lovely family that you have. Your DD's Frump in training photo is too adorable. (You must know that deer look huh?)

I still worry that I may mix up my DR and TR and post in my DR that we went to Blizzard Beach and post a photo of us in our bathing suits. It could happen. But you are a smart man to stick with one and give us all the dining details as well.

Victoria and Alberts - how amazing!! I definitely want to hear about that an the newly reopened California Grill.

I hope you had a great time. Sounds like it was crowded.

Waiting patiently to hear all about it.
Welcome! I feel honored to have you visit my little 'ol trip report!

You've been doing such a great job with linking between your reports - very impressed

We had just wonderful meals at both Victoria and Alberts and California Grill. I had read a number of not so great reviews from the newly reopened Cali Grill so I was a little worried, but it turned out to be one of our best meals - no complaints at all!

Last edited by TheMaxRebo; 10-20-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #27
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

I love the shirts!!!

Old 10-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Travel: Drive to PA then fly to MCO

Travel: Drive to PA then fly to MCO

Well, our Disney vacation is over - it was an absolutely wonderful time. While not everything went according to plan (does it ever?) we packed in a ton of fun including quite a few new experiences - can't wait to share! .....

... but we need to start with the obligatory travel day - well, for us days. It will be a bit light on pictures and I will keep it to just this one post so we can get to the magic as fast as possible!

Wednesday October 9th - my last day in work.

I haven't taken 2 weeks off from work in years and in the past I usually wound up working quite a bit on my vacations, but I was determined to minimize that this time ... which meant I was stressing quite a bit that last day trying to ensure everything I could think of was taken care of. Well, I guess I did a good job because I wound up not opening my work laptop while at Disney and though I did send some e-mails in the morning/evenings, I managed to not take my blackberry to any of the parks. My wife was quite pleased and, if she is being honest, a bit surprised.

Thursday October 10th - travel to the in-laws' house in Pennsylvania.

Olivia went off to pre-school today while Judi and I finished packing and just taking care of things. Olivia was super excited - neither Peter nor our dogs fully comprehended what was going on. I did also log-in to the Disboards, largely just so I could see this:

After packing the car - which actually went fairly smoothly driven by our policy of "teach it to fit" - we were off on time to pick Olivia up from pre-school. I was glad to see that not only were her teachers not upset with us for taking her out of school, they were super excited for her! One of her teachers did have one request - that we ride the tea cups for her. Would will complete that mission?!?!??!
[spolier]yes, yes we did[/spoiler]

The first leg of our journey was to drive from the lower Hudson Valley in New York over to our in-laws (Bob and Kathy) in the middle of Pennsylvania. At this stop we would exchange our dogs (who would be watched by a family friend along with my my in-laws' dogs) for Bob and Kathy who would be coming with us on the trip - for them to have a vacation and spend time with their grandkids, and also to be babysitters for us at times.

We stopped for lunch at Panera Bread (sorry, no pictures - you can probably form in your mind what some soup, salad, and sandwiches looks like).

Here is a picture of the back of the car as the kids are pretty settled in. Olivia spent much of the trip watching DVDs and Peter and the dogs spent a good amount of time sleeping. You can also see how packed the van was (the back seat was stowed).

The drive went about as well as could be expected - it was very rainy though:

I tried to keep the mood up though by streaming Disney music via Pandora on my phone which we then patched in to the car stereo:

We arrived around 6pm, unloaded the family and dogs and tried to re-pack the car as best we could (removing the dog create, adding Bob and Kathy's suitcases, etc.) .... still in the rain.

We tried to get settled for the nights but the kids were all a little - plus Judi's sister and her husband wanted to come by to see the kids which delayed things further. Finally we did get to sleep ....

Friday October 11th - travel to Florida - Orlando - Disney!!!!

.... and right back up at 2:15 in the morning - made some coffee and loaded up the car and managed to pull out of the driveway at 2:55am for our near 3 hour trip to Regan National Airport in Washington DC (closest "real" airport to Bob and Kathy and offered good JetBlue prices to MCO).

And of course we had rain again - actually rather hard at times. We made pretty good time though (guess if you can't make good time at 4 in the morning, when can you) and I dropped everyone off at the curb near the JetBlue terminal before taking the van to the long-term parking location. First time using this service but it all went smoothly.

Check-in also went smoothly, as did security (thank goodness). Kids enjoyed being in the airport and liked that we could see our plane out the window:

Overall the flight went, um, ok. I mean, the flight itself was fine but Peter wouldn't sleep a wink and was just antsy and, well, being Peter. We were split between two rows and he was very jealous that Olivia got to sit with Granddad, so Peter got passed across the tops of the seats a few times. He did enjoy looking out the window though:

Thankfully, and not really surprisingly, there were a lot of other excited kids on the plane so wasn't like ours were disturbing a plan full of sleeping business travelers or anything. We landed basically on time and after a restroom stop we went to baggage claim and our bags were already on the belt. It took a minute but then hit me that a lot of our fellow passengers were probably using Magical Express and that is why there were so few bags coming out.

An attendant helped us out and loaded all our bags on a cart and brought them right to our rental car (have the Budget Fastbreak card so could go right to the car). That was a huge help and totally worth the $20 tip I gave him.

With that we were off! We had a few stops to make on the way to our resort, but since that is actually in Orlando and (mostly) involves Disney, I will save that for the next update.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #29
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21 View Post
I love the shirts!!!
Thanks! For my first attempt I am pretty happy with them - definitely will do more in the future!

Old 10-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #30
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

GOOD FOR YOU not working (much) on vacation. I used to be one of those too, but I learned. There's No Sleeping in Disney... and THERE'S NO WORKING IN DISNEY!!!

Strange, but on Disboards I have a hard time picturing food without pictures.

That's quite the journey there Phil. But I'm glad it all went pretty well and now, YAY, onto Disney!!!

Tags
dads, dining, f&wf, kids, october 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: