Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #16
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Count me as one who will never want a cabana. We have been to CC 10 times and never have a problem finding chairs or umbrellas. We get off the ship first thing when allowed. If you wait a couple hours, you may not find chairs right near pelican plunge, but you can find them at the first part of the family beach. Last cruise we rented bikes and DH made a point of us stopping at SB so that I could actually see what it looks like. Honestly, I didn't really care for it. Way too quiet, but if you want to get away from all noise & kids that would do it.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #17
J&K'sPrincessMommy
DIS Veteran

We are having the same debate here...
We are cruising in Janaury and are a family of 5. Weather is a concern... I already have #9 on the family beach booked bc it was available and figured grab it b4 it is gone and then cancel if we need/want to.

J&K'sPrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
kapoof
DIS Veteran

I think they are darling I doubt I will ever get one because I can't justify the cost. We found cc to be a .5 day event. So it just isn't worth the $for us either .5 or a full day. But they are so cute.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #19
frugalwitch
Mouseketeer

We just got back from the Dream and had a cabana on Serenity Bay. It was worth every penny to me because I had shade, privacy, a stocked fridge with sodas, fruit and water, cold wet face towels in the fridge, cabana hosts who checked on me frequently to ask if I needed anything.

Floats, bike, private hammock hard to remember everything but I was thrilled. Also taxi service from the cabana to anywhere I wanted to go, but the only place I went to was the bbq lunch I was enjoying the cabana too much to go anywhere else.

With my troubles with direct sun and easily over-heating it was perfect for allowing us to actually enjoy the beach.
frugalwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #20
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison0523 View Post
Plus the beach is much less crowded and you have a waiter/waitress.
You do not get a waiter/waitress. You have concierge who will bring you more water bottles or soda/towels etc. They will take away your dirty dishes, and get you a lift to the tram. They will not bring you food from cookies. You need to walk over to Cookies II to get your own food and bring it back to the cabana. They will also contact a bartender if you want adult beverages.
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
saltlifesav
Disneyholic

We also never considered a cabana because I thought it was expensive for just 2 adults and 1 child. However while we were onboard the Dream last month, the afternoon before CC our concierge said one was available. My husband made a spur of the moment decision and booked it. Second best decision he has made in his life lol. It rained on and off for a good part of the day, though never heavy. And we noticed just how crowded the main beach was. It would've been a nightmare to keep up with a rambunctious 3yo. We were in cabana #16 and #17 was vacant! It really felt like we were on our own private island. We occasionally heard the family in #15 and saw them in the water some but they left early afternoon. They had to drag me back to the boat. We were totally unplugged from the world and completely focused on each other. All 3 of us relished every single second we were at CC and I can say without hesitation it was one the best days of my life. I have a few pics I took to give you an idea of how beautiful it was. I will share them from my laptop tomorrow. I say get the cabana!
saltlifesav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 AM   #22
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

All the positive responses of those that have used the cabanas have swayed me into going for it. It will be our 25th wedding anniversary so we really want to make it special - and as DW is giving me free reign on the cruise aspect of our trip it will be a nice surprise. I would love to see some pics from those that have them, if you can find time to post them.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply :-)
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #23
Runnergal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggy View Post
For us, they set up a pack and play for our daughter. She got to take a nap, in the shade, under a fan. I got to lay out on the cushioned lounger with my cold wet washcloth while she was sleeping. It was amazingly relaxing. Definitely a splurge for our family. But one that benefited each of us in different ways.
Really?? That is awesome to hear! I booked my 7mo into the nursery for a few hours on CC day so that I can enjoy the activities with my other 3 dc, but it would be great if the 2yo could have a real nap in the cabana- then mom might actually get to relax for a minute too!!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #24
saltlifesav
Disneyholic

Old 10-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #25
saltlifesav
Disneyholic

Hope these links work. Flickr is not very cooperative with my phone.

http://flic.kr/p/gr5XPF

http://flic.kr/p/gr5Di

http://flic.kr/p/gr4Vms
Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #26
saltlifesav
Disneyholic

http://flic.kr/p/gr5Dif
Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

My SIL rented one for our cruise in March. They were Concierge passengers, so she had good luck in reserving one (#11). The real reason she wanted it was for us to be able to get out of the sun. There were six of us including her mother (70) and me (62). It was great to be able to get some relief from the hot sun and it was quiet. If the cost is doable, I would highly recommend. It made for a wonderful day.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #28
lucyem
DIS Veteran

I think a lot depends on your idea of what is worth it and the make up of your traveling party. We loved it for all the reasons people posted above. It was great to get out of the sun, have sodas right there, a quiet place to relax and take a nap etc. But we felt like by the time we rode bikes, explored CC, snorkeled and ate lunch a good part of the day was gone. We skipped any excursions because we had the cabana. Next trip we want to do a couple of excursions and have more time on the bikes etc. But it is me, DH and two active boys.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #29
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3
Mouseketeer

We love it for the privacy and comfort. If I was to go to Castaway Cay with out one It would only be half a day for me but with the Cabana I can nap and stay out of the sun. ( I am very very fair skin. Think Albino) Here are shots of Cabana #21 on Serenity Bay on our Sept 19 Dream sailing. I personally think this is the best Cabana on Serenity Bay.

Last edited by PATTERSON PARTY OF 3; 10-07-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: fix photo link
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #30
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyem View Post
I think a lot depends on your idea of what is worth it and the make up of your traveling party. We loved it for all the reasons people posted above. It was great to get out of the sun, have sodas right there, a quiet place to relax and take a nap etc. But we felt like by the time we rode bikes, explored CC, snorkeled and ate lunch a good part of the day was gone. We skipped any excursions because we had the cabana. Next trip we want to do a couple of excursions and have more time on the bikes etc. But it is me, DH and two active boys.
See, it depends on what type of person you are. If you want to do excursions then it won't be worth it. If you just want to ride bikes and relax in the water and veg...totally worth it
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: