Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Justicebreez
Earning My Ears

Carribean vs bahama

Hello we are new to the cruise scene and although we are booked for a 3 day bahama cruise(yay) I was wondering the differences between the Caribbean and bahama cruises?? Advantages disadvantage stuff like that! Is Castaway cay the key to the experience as my travel agent suggested? I'm already to book my next cruise so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Justicebreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justicebreez View Post
Hello we are new to the cruise scene and although we are booked for a 3 day bahama cruise(yay) I was wondering the differences between the Caribbean and bahama cruises?? Advantages disadvantage stuff like that! Is Castaway cay the key to the experience as my travel agent suggested? I'm already to book my next cruise so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Castaway Cay is very nice. The offer a buffet on the beach, and lots of water activities. Or you can just sunbathe on the white groomed(!) sand.

The biggest difference I've found between the DCL Bahamas cruises and their Caribbean cruises, is there's more ports of call in the Caribbean, so you get to see more far away places, and more diversity.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Castaway Cay is very nice. The offer a buffet on the beach, and lots of water activities. Or you can just sunbathe on the white groomed(!) sand.

The biggest difference I've found between the DCL Bahamas cruises and their Caribbean cruises, is there's more ports of call in the Caribbean, so you get to see more far away places, and more diversity.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
kimistry6
DIS Veteran

This is just our experience, but the longer caribbean cruises just seem much more relaxed. No need to get everything in right away. If there's a long line for the aquaduck, we can come back later. Plus, we love sea days and on the eastern there are 2 sea days at the very front which give you time to rest and get your sea legs. That being said, as much as I love the longer cruises, I would pick a 3-4 night one over not cruising at all.
kimistry6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimistry6
This is just our experience, but the longer caribbean cruises just seem much more relaxed. No need to get everything in right away. If there's a long line for the aquaduck, we can come back later. Plus, we love sea days and on the eastern there are 2 sea days at the very front which give you time to rest and get your sea legs. That being said, as much as I love the longer cruises, I would pick a 3-4 night one over not cruising at all.
Our experience as well. Also, Castaway Cay is a stop for all Disney cruise itineraries with a few exceptions. So fear not, you won't miss out on it.

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justicebreez View Post
I'm already to book my next cruise so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My advice would be to book your next cruise while you are on your 3 day cruise, you will save 10% and only have to put down 10% plus get eitehr $100 or 200 in shipboard credits.

Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013

Disney World, November 2014, Port Orleans Riverside

Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: