DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #16
Dean
DIS Veteran

They could but never have to my knowledge. They have had plenty of opportunities to do so that they passed on.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
ky71
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! I feel a little more comfortable that we will still get to buy into DVC via the resale route.

Yes, BestDadEver I wish I did more research but hindsight is a wonderful thing! I am not mad at DVC just a little annoyed that my guide (and the cancellations team) wouldn't respond to my emails or voicemails - it's now nine weeks since my initial request. I wasn't dumb enough to believe that the sales rep would tell me about resale but I was dumb not to ask about worst case scenarios.
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #18
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky71 View Post
I'm wondering if Disney would purposely try to block us from buying resale as we have just cancelled our direct contract with them...Actually we are still waiting on the deed paperwork to be sent to us but we are firm that we DO WANT to cancel as resale prices are much lower. Has anyone had this happen to them? We did tell our 'guide' that we felt 'ripped off' price wise (confusing discount figures and salesmanship bothered us). We were still interested in buying DVC but he convinced us that we would not like the restricted conditions of resale contracts. Turns out that we could always rent our points out and pay cash for cruises or ABD and we were never really going to use RCI - we really wanted to use the points at DLR or WDW. So...I want to know before I sign those papers to cancel, is Disney going to block us automatically from buying resale because we just cancelled on a direct sale contract? We really do want to have DVC, we just want the best possible price. (No financing needed and we don't need any points until 2015). Should we try to find a resale contract now or wait a few months and hope Disney 'forgets' we backed out?
I'm not sure ?Disney's thinking is quite joined up enough to do that.

I waitlisted VGC points but while I was waiting the perfect resale came up I never thought it would or I wouldn't have waitlisted in the first place. I put in an offer and got through ROFR fine. Just after it passed ROFR my waitlisted points came up but I turned them down. Being wait listed did t stop us buying them resale.
Minniesgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:39 AM   #19
ky71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
I waitlisted VGC points but while I was waiting the perfect resale came up I never thought it would or I wouldn't have waitlisted in the first place. I put in an offer and got through ROFR fine. Just after it passed ROFR my waitlisted points came up but I turned them down. Being wait listed did t stop us buying them resale.
Congrats! I hope it goes as smoothly for me too.
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: