Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
Chrizzz
Earning My Ears

Disney Fantasy, trip report Aug 30th

Where do I start? 6 adults and first cruise for half. The service was the best. Shout out to Weekly our room Stewart. He was the best and always happy. The first and sometimes the last person we saw each day. The ship was clean and never felt crowded. Every dinner was an experience in it own. Great staff. Floyd never let our glasses come close to being empty. Dwayne let us know his favorite dishes and he was right, yumm. The night at Palo was incredible. The last morning breakfast I saw people hugging the staff and crying, what does that tell you?

A couple of things I think some people may enjoy: Don't miss Mixology. You get to learn how to mix 5 different drinks and everyone gets a chance to step in a bartender's shoes. At $15 it is a secret steal. Good luck walking up right when you leave. Believe: Don't miss this show. Best show I have seen to date. Now the bad: I got pulled into Bingo. If you have been you know what I am talking about.

Thank you Disney for making my mother's 70th Birthday cruise a lifetime of memories. Thank You Walt.
Chrizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Quellman
Donald Duck

Thanks for sharing the mini report. Did you do any excursions or any tips on the ports?
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCL Fantasy BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
Chrizzz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellman View Post
Thanks for sharing the mini report. Did you do any excursions or any tips on the ports?
We did the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel $59. Great price and free booze.
We also did the 5K on Castway and rented bikes. Great way to get around.
As for tips, Falmouth has a new port which is a lot of fun. Hit the market in the center. Lots of the normal stuff but look for the guy who paints. Grab one for 10 bucks. I nice thing to bring back. Be ready to drink for free. Bars in almost every shop. Grand Cayman was ok. You have to tender in so alittle slow. I heard the turtle farm and stingray swim was fun. We walked around George Town which is small enough to do. Nothing big stood out there but there is some cool history for buffs. Hope you enjoy your cruise. Our time on the ship was the best and love the sea days. Don't miss Mixology on the ship. For $15 it is a steal and so much fun. Sign up first thing at guest services. Hope this helps some.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 PM   #4
Chrizzz
Earning My Ears

Storm

I needed to add this small part. We sailed through TS Dolly on our second night. Some serious storms that were rocking the ship and with a balcony room you got a free light show. I was alittle on edge that night as it was the first bad weather I have sailed in. My GF just said go back to sleep it was nothing. lol. She was right, no harm done. The crew did a good job getting through it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: