Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Must read if staying at POFQ!

Hey guys generally I post in the restaurant boards but I thought this needed to be said...

I have stayed at every level of resort at WDW and honestly have to say we have been impressed on pretty much every trip. We go quite a bit so we enjoy trying new resorts... Our "home" resort is Port Orleans Riverside generally we stay here once a year or so so we thought we would give POFQ a try... From the moment we walked into the room we realized this resort was not up to par...

The room was quite dirty not really as clean as most resorts in WDW we looked over it and thought maybe it was just because it was the first day... We headed to the parks and when we went back into the room there were caterpillar or worm type things all over the walls in the room as well as a couple of cockroaches Really Really gross!!!

After cleaning everything up we went to bed for the evening thinking tomorrow once cleaned it would be alright... Well lets just say it wasn't again we woke up to bugs climbing the walls, again cleaned them up and went to the parks got back at 2:00 and our room was not cleaned... again more worms really quite disgusting!

Long story short the room was not being cleaned until almost 6:00 at night and all they were doing is half heartedly making the bed BY far the worst house keeping we have ever seen on Disney Property!!!!

So after 3 days of this we went and talked to a manager because bugs were beginning to climb into the towels and clean clothes... The manager basically told us it was just a seasonal thing and we shouldn't worry about it!!! I was FURIOUS!!! After 30 minutes of arguing (mind you time we could've been in the park) he offered to switch us to a new room... We accepted and began packing our things... I then took my siblings to Splitsville to avoid too many people moving things and confusion / arguing of family... So they packed and called us to meet for lunch then we could go into the new room once ready... well once ready we went back and walked into the room... however once we walked into the new room we noticed it was HOT the room had NO air it 88 degrees actually!!! Basically they put us into a room with a non working air conditioner We went back down and they assured us they would fix it immediately...

After this hassle they did fix the air and the room was cleaned much better later in the trip however I would really like people to know about the bugs and the poor customer service at POFQ...

I hate to complain but I really think people need to hear this! Stay at Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs similar price and MUCH MUCH Nicer!
Old 10-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

Sorry about the bugs, cleaning, and A/C. I wouldn't like that either.

I would think that something like this could potentially happen at any of the WDW resorts.

POFQ is my favorite resort. I'll still stay there in the future, but am indeed sorry that you experienced this.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Wow! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I actually just got back from a 5 night stay at POFQ and couldn't have had a more opposite experience.

I was worried because we typically stay CL at deluxes and our only other moderate was CBR which is our least favorite.

I couldn't have been more pleased with POFQ. Our room was immaculate. We kept commenting on how friendly an helpful all of the CM's were (and we had to have a check in issue resolved because they ran a charge through without my permission, but they fixed it).

I also woke up freezing every night because the a/c was so darn cold!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Cockroaches???
I'd be terrified about one getting into my luggage and coming home with me! So sorry to hear you had to deal with all of that!
Three cats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I do think it's a bit unfair though to perceive the issues you had to be resort-wise compared to room-specific and a Mousekeeper lacking in his/her duties. We have stayed at all of the WDW resorts except for those in the value category and POFQ is at the top of the list of favorites. Our rooms have always been clean upon check-in and we've always had a fantastic Mousekeeper during our stays. We've run into AC problems, albeit at CSR and not POFQ, but it was fixed within an hour or so of me placing a call to the call center.

Since it's Florida, I expect to see insects, including cockroaches, but having them in large quantities inside of a room is completely unacceptable. I would have demanded a room change with that one. The rest was more or less a lack of people performing their jobs and can happen at any resort (cockroaches too.. the elevator in our Ranchos building at CSR harbored at least 3 on any given day).

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Sorry to read of your bad Expierence but I do have to wonder why you waited 3 days before going to the front desk about a room change.

I would have gone back right away instead of heading to the parks.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Sorry to read of your bad Expierence but I do have to wonder why you waited 3 days before going to the front desk about a room change.

I would have gone back right away instead of heading to the parks.
I would have as well but to be honest we don't like to complain... I we thought it would get better and unfortunately it did not...
Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

I am very glad that others did not have the same issues

This resort was one we were really looking forward to but now its just not one we would give a second try...

I think we are going to head back to the deluxe's next year I think the customer service is just better honestly...

But again I just wanted everyone to be aware of what we experienced

We completely understand it could happen anywhere just wanted to share that it did happen to us at French Quarter...

I know in the first 7in7 Pete Werner said he had had a poor experience at POFQ then in the 7in7 it was great lol so again everything is hit or miss especially when running such a large resort...
Old 10-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME View Post
Hey guys generally I post in the restaurant boards but I thought this needed to be said...

I have stayed at every level of resort at WDW and honestly have to say we have been impressed on pretty much every trip. We go quite a bit so we enjoy trying new resorts... Our "home" resort is Port Orleans Riverside generally we stay here once a year or so so we thought we would give POFQ a try... From the moment we walked into the room we realized this resort was not up to par...

The room was quite dirty not really as clean as most resorts in WDW we looked over it and thought maybe it was just because it was the first day... We headed to the parks and when we went back into the room there were caterpillar or worm type things all over the walls in the room as well as a couple of cockroaches Really Really gross!!!

After cleaning everything up we went to bed for the evening thinking tomorrow once cleaned it would be alright... Well lets just say it wasn't again we woke up to bugs climbing the walls, again cleaned them up and went to the parks got back at 2:00 and our room was not cleaned... again more worms really quite disgusting!

Long story short the room was not being cleaned until almost 6:00 at night and all they were doing is half heartedly making the bed BY far the worst house keeping we have ever seen on Disney Property!!!!

So after 3 days of this we went and talked to a manager because bugs were beginning to climb into the towels and clean clothes... The manager basically told us it was just a seasonal thing and we shouldn't worry about it!!! I was FURIOUS!!! After 30 minutes of arguing (mind you time we could've been in the park) he offered to switch us to a new room... We accepted and began packing our things... I then took my siblings to Splitsville to avoid too many people moving things and confusion / arguing of family... So they packed and called us to meet for lunch then we could go into the new room once ready... well once ready we went back and walked into the room... however once we walked into the new room we noticed it was HOT the room had NO air it 88 degrees actually!!! Basically they put us into a room with a non working air conditioner We went back down and they assured us they would fix it immediately...

After this hassle they did fix the air and the room was cleaned much better later in the trip however I would really like people to know about the bugs and the poor customer service at POFQ...

I hate to complain but I really think people need to hear this! Stay at Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs similar price and MUCH MUCH Nicer!
I wouldn't have waited 3 days, I would have been out of there immediately.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
Eastern
DIS Veteran

I really don't understand the "I don't like to complain"ers.

Maybe instead of viewing it as "complaining", you should view it as "making an inquiry".

For example, go to the front desk and say, "I would just like to inquire about the roaches crawling up the walls of my room. Could something please be done about it? Thank you everso".
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience there. I spent my honeymoon there and it was the opposite: So clean and comfortable!
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post

Maybe instead of viewing it as "complaining", you should view it as "making an inquiry".

For example, go to the front desk and say, "I would just like to inquire about the roaches crawling up the walls of my room. Could something please be done about it? Thank you everso".
Exactly! You paid for a clean room and you are entitled to it.

Mice also happen in houses, that doesn't mean we should accept it.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post

I agree completely. The OP states that she doesn't like to complain. So she puts up with the situation for 3 days? And THEN complains. When she could have just gotten it over with on the very first day. Why would you think things would magically improve all by themselves? If something is not right, then you get the situation corrected and then move on with your vacation. Instead of letting it pretty much ruin things.

We've stayed at POFQ on several occasions and have never encountered anything like what the OP encountered, so I would be quite comfortable in thinking this is NOT a resort-wide problem, but a very unfortunate one-of kind of thing. We have encountered sloppy housekeeping and rather dingy rooms a couple of times at POR. Yet I wouldn't claim that this is typical of the entire resort.

PS: are you sure they were cockroaches and not palmetto bugs?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Maybe it would have been better if OP complained immediately, BUT
The OP did complain and then was argued with and finally given another bad room. That is terrible customer service.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #15
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
PS: are you sure they were cockroaches and not palmetto bugs?

Please teach me the difference (i don't want pictures)...

I would have been found with my luggage, in the lobby, totally hysterical, within the next 5 minutes asking for a change of building.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: