Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
minerva78
Mouseketeer

Split stay CR/POR or CR garden wing?

DH and I recently decided we want to try to stay at a monorail resort for a Disney trip with our two girls next June. In looking at some of the possible discounts that may be available, it would be within our budget. If no discounts are offered, we'll just stay at a moderate resort.

One option would be five nights at the CR on the garden wing, with 4 day tickets and the dining plan each night. The other option would be 3 nights at the CR in a tower Bay Lake room, with the 4 day tickets and dining plan, with 2 nights at POR in a Royal room, room only (or possibly POFQ). I really would love to do the split stay, because I would love to try out both resorts. I would plan to do Epcot and two MK days when at the CR and HS and DTD when at POR, I figure that would be the best for transportation options. And I'm leaning to a royal room at POR because I think my girls would like it. I also would prefer to stay in the tower at CR, it seems so much more convenient and the main reason we're considering a monorail resort is for the convenience. The balcony would be nice too.

I know a lot of people are against split stays, especially for a short trip, but is it really that bad? I figure I would have two suitcases for all of us, one for the first half of the trip and one for the second half, to cut down on the hassle. The current available dates for the garden wing are also not my desired dates, but close to them. But do you still think just staying in the garden wing would be a better option since we wouldn't have to move? So many options!
minerva78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

If there are cr garden rooms available.. Make sure you book them quickly! They sell out fast! My bf is a disney ta and she ran some numbers for me -- 10/14 and 11/14 and those rooms were already sold out! Good luck with your decision!

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

I'm a big fan of split stays, but I do think your trip is on the short side for one. We just did one this summer but we had 9 nights. Any shorter, I think it would have been too much, at least with kids. Now if it was just my husband and I, no problem.

For budgeting reasons, I think the Garden Wing rooms are a better deal than the Tower. For me, the beauty of the CR is the walkability to MK, so why not just stay a bit cheaper in the Garden Wing IMO.

Anyway, yeah, I think I would just stay in the Garden Wing or POR for a trip of that length. If you're spending the most time at MK, then definitely go for the CR. JMO! Have fun planning

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: